Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to accept, that it is now official Stargate canon that Mitchell was the leader of the squadron and took therefore part in the battle over Antarktis. We saw nearly nothing from the fight of the F-302 Squadron in "The Lost City", everything is possible, the writers saw this possibility and made it their start of the introduction of Mitchell.
    Flashbacks are memories. You can't have memories from something you never took part in.
    Oh but I guess, the seer who had so foretell what will happen in Season 9 was unavailable, so they couldn't ask Ben Browder to take part in "The Lost City".

Again, Ben Browder didn't take part in "The Lost City", yes, quite obvious, but his character, because TPTB established it so with using flashbacks. And this is a fact no one could bowl down.
    And it doesn't help to say that he wasn't there, because that would be than an Alternative Universe, nothing more.
    That's all folks.

Comment

To put it very plainly:
      • The Lost City was an episode of Stargate SG-1.

• The Lost City was not an actual historical event.

• The battle over Antartica was a fictional 'historical event' that featured in the episodes The Lost City and Avalon.

• I still don't know what the heck Mitchell's presence in the battle over Antartica has to do with the topic of this thread. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
        I still don't know what the heck Mitchell's presence in the battle over Antarctica has to do with the topic of this thread. At all.
        Good point...let's get back to the topic, which is a discussion of the current team dynamic...meaning what it is, not what we think it should be.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i agree, no one truly leads SG-1. it's quite confusing, actually. "annoying" would be a good word for it. mitchell certainly doesn't seem to "lead" anything, but he does seem to have some overriding power. or, perhaps just amnesty for disobeying orders (which actually seems more plausible, given Stronghold). mitchell's proclaimed himself leader of several missions, but carter's given orders on others. in fact, carter's given the only two direct orders from within SG-1 that i can remember from past 2 seasons. superiors address the two together and they make most decisions together. some "leader" talk comes from carter, some talk is directed at mitchell. mitchell was, at one point, named leader. then the team came back together, for whatever reason, and all explanation halted. TPTB have stated :cough:backpedaled:cough they're "co-leading" which of course, doesn't actually exist in real life; and for good reason. that said, i'll just sit back and wait for the whole thing to horribly and catastrophically go boom. but that's the current team dynamics for ya.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Noone does lead SG-1. Cameron and Sam are the same Rank (Lt. Col.) Teal'c and Vala are Aliens and Daniel is a civilian.
            Lance Corporal Mike Sheppard, SG-2

Chief Petty Officer John Dasani, SG-5

GateWorld Role Playing

Comment

Originally posted by SGC and SGA
              Noone does lead SG-1. Cameron and Sam are the same Rank (Lt. Col.) Teal'c and Vala are Aliens and Daniel is a civilian.
              This was pretty much Cam's quote to Landry. Notice Landry didn't argue the point?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                This was pretty much Cam's quote to Landry. Notice Landry didn't argue the point?
                Yup Yup. It looks like TPTB read this post and the other one like it and let Mitch answer the question for us. thanks TPTB. We have our answer. I wonder how it is going in the other thread. I haven't been there in a while. I feel no one leads and we are all right. Well the people on the no one leads side.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                  Yup Yup. It looks like TPTB read this post and the other one like it and let Mitch answer the question for us. thanks TPTB. We have our answer. I wonder how it is going in the other thread. I haven't been there in a while. I feel no one leads and we are all right. Well the people on the no one leads side.
                  It's kinda like the "pros" and the "antis"...the Pros are perpetually getting what they want, and the Antis are perpetually not getting what they want. When the show is finally cancelled, the reverse will be true. I see no point in arguing something that will not change. Let's all just get along.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yeah, but, for all the Antis: Don't think that cancelling the show will give you exactly what you want. Alot of Antis want SG-1 to be how it used to be, but they won't cancel the show and then just bring it back up the way it used to be. Once it's cancelled, it's cancelled, and it wont be brought back up. So is it really what you want? Just think about it. And yes, it's okay that no one actually leads the team. That's a good thing.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      i agree, no one truly leads SG-1. it's quite confusing, actually. "annoying" would be a good word for it. mitchell certainly doesn't seem to "lead" anything, but he does seem to have some overriding power. or, perhaps just amnesty for disobeying orders (which actually seems more plausible, given Stronghold). mitchell's proclaimed himself leader of several missions, but carter's given orders on others. in fact, carter's given the only two direct orders from within SG-1 that i can remember from past 2 seasons. superiors address the two together and they make most decisions together. some "leader" talk comes from carter, some talk is directed at mitchell. mitchell was, at one point, named leader. then the team came back together, for whatever reason, and all explanation halted. TPTB have stated :cough:backpedaled:cough they're "co-leading" which of course, doesn't actually exist in real life; and for good reason. that said, i'll just sit back and wait for the whole thing to horribly and catastrophically go boom. but that's the current team dynamics for ya.
                      And do I have to point this out again, for the record: Mitchell doesn't have to take orders from Carter! The same way Carter doesn't have to take orders from Mitchell. O'neill has disobeyed orders before to save those he cared about, so even if Mitchell had to take orders from Carter, he wasn't wrong to go risk his life to save Teal'C 's.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

how do you take orders from someone the same rank in the sg-1 team? they would be picking fights with each other. (lol)

Cameron should be in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by roseblue
                          how do you take orders from someone the same rank in the sg-1 team? they would be picking fights with each other. (lol)

Cameron should be in charge.
                          Yep, but I still say its okay with there being no leader, then, itd be more convenient to consult each other before making decisions.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            It's kinda like the "pros" and the "antis"...the Pros are perpetually getting what they want, and the Antis are perpetually not getting what they want. When the show is finally cancelled, the reverse will be true. I see no point in arguing something that will not change. Let's all just get along.
                            I think it is more the Anti's and Pro's lost and the people who really doesn't caring who leads, won.

I am on the noticable side. It is noticable that no one is leading.
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Someone can order someone in the same command around. It is who ever is holding the command position. Another commander can't go to another commanders base and think he can do what he wants. He has to listen to that base commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
                                Yep, but I still say its okay with there being no leader, then, itd be more convenient to consult each other before making decisions.
                                I agree. I've said before that with no one actually "leader" the team dynamic seems stronger. I am fine with the way it is. The show is perfect IMHO. Now if my computrer would work
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X