This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    I think that if Cameron really disagreed with an "order" from someone else on the team, he'd overrule it, but at this point it seems like he trusts their respective judgments.
    I guess I just don't feel it's appropriate for his subordinates to give him orders.
    It makes his character fairly irrelevant, and I like Cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin

see chain of command which seems to be the term of the year on Gateworld
      You know what the chain of command is, right?
      It's the chain I go get and beat you with til you understand who's in rutting command.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
        Notice Landry said, 'me too' as he walked away?
        Oh my god, Landry doesn't command the SGC, he admitted it.

Landry is like the captain of the Titanic, looks good in uniform, sounds good when he speaks...really doesn't have a clue.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
          I don't think Mitchell means for her to take the lead as much as she does.
          Telling him to stay in radio contact and she'll go, he stays here. That's almost as if SHE's in command, not him.
          I could deal with it if I saw clear co-lead stuff on here, but I don't. As far as I'm concerned, Mitchell's leader.
          yes, I agree that he want's her to take the lead on science stuff, he doesn't need to micromanage, but his team should NOT be giving him orders.
          Anyway, that's how I feel about it. What do you think?
          I honestly don't think he cares - unless it would mean that Sam got to do the fun stuff - that's why he insisted on being the drug dealer. Well, that reason and that it was dangerous and if there is an option to keep his team safe and only put his own life on the line, he'll do that.

Mitchell knows he's the leader and is confident in that and doesn't feel like he has to be giving the orders all the time.

In this past episode, Mitchell said that they had to split up in case Ba'al headed back to his ship. Carter said she and Vala would go. If Mitchell had a preference, he would have given the order of who goes where. He basically gave the others their choice. I guess I see that as Mitchell gave the order that someone had to go behind where Ba'al was and Carter volunteered to be that someone. [I'm not sure if that's the scene you're talking about above, but that's the one I thought of.]

With a team that needs a leader to take a dominating stance, Mitchell would have no problem ordering whoever he wanted to do everything, but he doesn't need to do that with this team.

Maybe the difference is that I've never been in the military and I don't watch this show for the military aspect [or care that military protocol is followed all that well], so I have no problem with a team leader being more laid-back and only asserting their authority when the situation deems it necessary. I know that idea doesn't sit well with everyone, but it's just the way I feel.

Comment

Yeah I had some time off and was taking a look at season 9 when Cam came on board the SGC and it's pretty clear HE was supposed to pick HIS team but he wanted the old SG1 back together, if you go back and review just when he came into the SGC in season 9 it makes it pretty he's in charge of SG1.
            I can't remember word for word but it was made pretty clear in 9 that he was supposed to lead SG1 and he asked for that assignment.
            It's his leadership style that is in question I spose.
            If it wasn't going to end I would have said promote him to full bird but he's too young for that anyway, it would resolve the leadership question though

Comment

Working...
            X