Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is SG1 Committing Genocide? ('Arthur's Mantle' SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think it was genocide. They said before that it does NOT kill the Ori, merely creates a layer of interference between the planes of existence that cancels out their ability to use their powers to affect our plane. Therefore the Ori are still very much alive, they just cant do anything. Thats why it is NOT genocide.

And as for the replicators they were not sentient. They existed only to create more of themselves. The human form replicators are sentient. However when setting off the Dakara device it did not kill mass numbers of human form replicators, only one the Replicator Carter. And im pretty sure that isnt a "mass" killing. It was more an act of self defence.

And genocide on the Asurans. No that cant be counted. Because for one that was a bombing. No one on Earth (that i can think of) has ever called an Aerial bombing genocide. And as we saw Oberoth once again even though he was already killed. And he said that we can be created over and over. So they will probably just recreate everyone that was killed. They must keep all their memories too because he remembered weir and what happened. So therefor its more of just a taking them out of the "picture" for a while. Like the cylons....

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
      I dont think it was genocide. They said before that it does NOT kill the Ori, merely creates a layer of interference between the planes of existence that cancels out their ability to use their powers to affect our plane. Therefore the Ori are still very much alive, they just cant do anything. Thats why it is NOT genocide.

we don't how the weapon works.Kvasir said that it channels the energy from subscape and cancels the Ori out(simple analogy is two standing waves canceling each them out).Others said it kills them; Baal said the Ori are dead

nothing was said about creating a layer of interference
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Personally, i'm not too concerned whether they committed genocide against a race of power hungry serial killers as a last resort, in self defence.
        Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
          Personally, i'm not too concerned whether they committed genocide against a race of power hungry serial killers as a last resort, in self defence.
          But are they all like that?

Comment

Have the non-power hungry ones done anything to stop the others that are? If not, they're all guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Have the non-power hungry ones done anything to stop the others that are? If not, they're all guilty.
              Or at the very least the ones that aren't could have left for another galaxy/dimension.
              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                Or at the very least the ones that aren't could have left for another galaxy/dimension.
                They did.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

we've been told....by a part of thier race that experimented on sentient beings (the black cloud creature from s1), not to mention the iratus bugs and the wraith and how they came to be made. by a race that's 'guided' other planets along the 'right' path (the Game) and who have a really bad habit of making messes, then bailing and leaving everyone else behind to clean up after them

Yep, real outstanding citizens of the universe there. and trustworthy too.

I am not defending that the Ori murdered whole planets. That was bad and evil and wrong and whatever else you want to call it.

but, to this day we lack some real answers

are ALL the Ori like this? or are there Ori classes and that weapon just murdered the subjugated ones amongst them that don't murder

is it true that the Ori don't ascend their followers? Do we have proof beyond 'merlin/oma told me so'

We - the sgc - chose sides before we knew all the facts. and we still don't know them all. And we sided with a familiar group...that's also less than trustworty
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                    Yeah but if we used that logic we would have nuked Iraq and Afghanistan a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X