This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sushiman
    I dont know what the problem is, maybe im too easily entertained (my work exhausts me mentally, so it probably isnt that hard to make me happy) ....

but i've liked all of season 9, i was sad when Jack went (i liked RDA), but then again, shows change ~ we got a new character, and the current characters have changed. I just got used to and I enjoy the changes now too.

In fact, i really dont think i've seen more than 2 or 3 episodes of all the 9 seasons that i thought "wow that was only average" because .... not every episode can be "great" - but why would i expect that anyway?

I'll keep watching it even if a nuclear bomb hit and killed all the team, and the show turns into "SG-13: Russian Unit" and the whole thing is subtitled. It's a fantasy universe that i like. Same reason i watch Atlantis, it's cool cuz it's in the same universe and it's differant. As long as they keep coming up with something differant each few seasons and write reasonbly well ... i really wouldnt see myself stop watching even if it was 30 years from now and it shows them wheelchairing through the gate.

I must be like the producers favorite type of fan ... they can pretty much do anything and i'll probably keep watching the show. Keep up the good work writers and producers

Sushiman

same opinion here, i'll still watching Stargate Forever !

Gogogogo season 32 !!
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

but of course
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'll be there, same SG1 time, same SG1 channel. Every season has it's ups and downs and I'll be watching as long as it's being shown.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Why?
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I am looking forward to S 10, first off to see how they get out of the fix they are in after the finale to S9.

But moreover, it has been interesting to see the development of a new villian who is developing to be more and more dangerous. Not everything that the team tries works out. we don't know all about them, all their strengths and weaknesses. Even how their technology works is beyond our understanding as of yet, as witnessed by how effective the Ori designed satellite weapon was in "Ethon".

Granted, I would have liked to see something about the Aschen - they would have been a plenty dangerous foe to take on; then again there is really no need for the Tok'ra, the Asgard, the Jaffa, etc to be involved if this season were just about them - and I like seeing all of the above

Also granted, they risk really going over the top with the power level and
            Spoiler:
            blowing up ships, espciaally nearly new ones... For many years there wasn't any earth ships, now there is a whole bunch of them and they are getting destroyed almost as fast as they can be built

Still, overall, I am glad there is still a show to watch.

The one character I did have a slight problem with was the Colonel Emerson
            Spoiler:
            of the new ship "The Oddysey"
            . After someone pointed out the actor's previous role in "The Wedding Singer", I could only think of him as "Colonel Guglia", a big fan of Miami Vice

Comment

Most definately I'll watch it. I still think that the new characters are great. With Mitchell around you don't even notice O'Neill is gone. In origin when RDA shows up in the end it was just like 'oh yeah I forgot about him'. The team in general is great and it's a good time to develop new characters because let's face it, we know the other characters. How many more times can we see T'ealc go on a revenge trip, Carter fall in Love, or Daniel die. It's just getting Old. Landry, Mitchell, Vala, Lam and the Ori help to take the old formula and shake it up a bit. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is more conflict between some of the characters like there was between Jack and Daniel, other than that I'm really looking forward to the new season. S9 was great and went from strength to strength and I'm hoping for the same in S10. Just remember that this is almost a new show we're dealing with. Instead of thinking about the past and whinging about RDA leaving we should Welcome Mitchell and the others.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'll certainly give it a chance. I don't think it's fair to not even at least do that. Though I am more anxious about this season than 8 or 9, mainly because of Vala. I mean, it sounds to me as though she may actually become a member of the SG-1 team. I really don't know if I could deal with that. Still, I've stressed before about possible things that could happen on the show, and they either never did, or weren't as bad as I thought they would be. So, hopefully, this will end up being one of those times.

Comment

Introducing new charactors is always hard, if you dont show enough of them no one gets a chance to know them, but if yo ushow too much the fans feel cheated out of the old cast members. I think they did a good job at balancing it out and im looking forward to next series 10.

Comment

Weren't the script writers told at a very late date that the series would be extended so they had very little time to write scripts hence Series 9 has been pretty rubbish in parts, namely the earlier episodes.
                    They were told Season 10 was going to happen a lot earlier, giving more time to write.

I sincerely hope that S10 isn't going to be the end. If it is, hopefully another station, will take up the SG-1 SGA franchise.

In the Stargate Magazine, one interview with Amanda Tapping, she says that they've been discussing season 15 'around the watercooler', sort of unofficial banter in the SG office
                    Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                    MSN: [email protected]
                    feel free to add me on either

Comment

they seem to have too much to resolve in season 10, i dont see how they can do it!
                      That and i just dont want it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss
                        they seem to have too much to resolve in season 10, i dont see how they can do it!
                        That and i just dont want it to end.
                        I dont think theres a single person on this forum that wants it to end!

Long Live SG-1!
                        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                        MSN: [email protected]
                        feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                          Most definately I'll watch it. I still think that the new characters are great. With Mitchell around you don't even notice O'Neill is gone. In origin when RDA shows up in the end it was just like 'oh yeah I forgot about him'. The team in general is great and it's a good time to develop new characters because let's face it, we know the other characters. How many more times can we see T'ealc go on a revenge trip, Carter fall in Love, or Daniel die. It's just getting Old. Landry, Mitchell, Vala, Lam and the Ori help to take the old formula and shake it up a bit. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is more conflict between some of the characters like there was between Jack and Daniel, other than that I'm really looking forward to the new season. S9 was great and went from strength to strength and I'm hoping for the same in S10. Just remember that this is almost a new show we're dealing with. Instead of thinking about the past and whinging about RDA leaving we should Welcome Mitchell and the others.
                          I agree with alot that you said. RDA made a personal choice and he is gone, so they could have either:

A: Go on without him.
                          B: Cancelled the show.

I'll take option A please. At least with Stargate (with the exception of 2 characters for the entire series.) when someone leaves they don't fill his/her role with another actor and "pretend" it's the same character. (Dr. Weir and Oma Desala are the only characters I can think of that were played by different actors, oh and Orlin but they did the adult/child trick with him.)

Under the circumstances they did a great job. The beginning seemed wierd to most of us I'm sure, but by about mid season I was really into the new story/characters. I also felt towards the end of the season the original team members were given a bit more time. Next year we will see the fruits of all of this years changes, I think it'll be just as good or better than any SG-1 season so far!

As you can see by my name and sig., I'm also liking the new enemy. .....It's also my signature on my profile on XBOX LIVE.
                          Last edited by Ori Warrior; 28 March 2006, 12:29 PM.
                          Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

ugh...yes! I'm not going to just give up and stop watching my favourite TV show

Comment

Most definitely yes. I am always amazed by those who post on the Anti-season X threads. They are putting down a season that hasn't even completely finished filming the first 4 episodes, in one case and the first 5 in the other. How can you put down something that hasn't even been finished yet, let alone viewed.

Yes, it's possible we'll be disappointed by season 10, but it's also possible we'll be pleasantly surprised. So, I'll withhold dismissing it, until I've actually SEEN at least the first few episodes.

Just my opinion....guess I'm becoming an optimist in my old age.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Yes. Of course I'll give it a chance. Liked season 9 enough.
                                I think those judging the season before it starts just from spoilers are being silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X