This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I'd definitely vote for a return of the Aschen. I would just really like to see us have to come to blows with them.
    I agree. The Aschen have to hate us, so we should have to run into them again soon or later. The conflict needs resolution.

Maybe the SGC and the Aschen become temporary allies to defeat the Ori (especially since the Tok'ra don't seem to do much lately).
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

The Aschen would make the perfect ally for the Ori. Unlike the Jaffa and the majority of humans in the Milky Way, the Aschen are highly advanced and highly organized, so they will be able to make quick use of any knowledge the Ori provide them with. They could help the Ori spread Origins, they could probably build a fleet for the Ori in the Milky Way.

Comment

The Lucian Allience seem the best way to go
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Whatever secondary enemy Earth and the SGC have to deal with next season, none will come even close to the Ori. I can't wait to see just how bad this conflict will get. As for the Lucian Alliance, very promising.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            I am 85% sure that the new enemy is going to be the Lucian Allienece.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              The Aschen would make the perfect ally for the Ori. Unlike the Jaffa and the majority of humans in the Milky Way, the Aschen are highly advanced and highly organized, so they will be able to make quick use of any knowledge the Ori provide them with. They could help the Ori spread Origins, they could probably build a fleet for the Ori in the Milky Way.
              Um, the Aschen would never willingly join the Ori. They're too logical for that. Notice how they never really got excited or emotional about anything? That's because they're die-hard logic freaks who consider genocide a logical means for population control. They lack compassion, which is a virtue according to the Ori.

Originally posted by creed462
              The Lucian Alliance isn't a new enemy, are they?

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Whatever secondary enemy Earth and the SGC have to deal with next season, none will come even close to the Ori. I can't wait to see just how bad this conflict will get. As for the Lucian Alliance, very promising.
              We haven't even seen a fight between the Ori followers and our heroes yet; they might turn out to be like the Wraith; over-hyped.

The Ori right now seem all big and bad because we have no evidence to the contrary, and the writers are trying to make us believe they're are the big bad. Until we see a fight against them, I'd say they're just over-hyping the bad guy again.

The Lucian Alliance is just another evolution of the N.I.D.; they're the shadowy criminal element that was established in season 1, and has since been transformed from the N.I.D to the rogue N.I.D, from the rogue N.I.D. to the Trust, and from the Trust to the Lucian Alliance.

I can't wait to hear about this new enemy, but I hope it's not just another formulaic badguy.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                The Lucian Alliance is just another evolution of the N.I.D.; they're the shadowy criminal element that was established in season 1, and has since been transformed from the N.I.D to the rogue N.I.D, from the rogue N.I.D. to the Trust, and from the Trust to the Lucian Alliance.
                That's a good observation.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
                  Maybe the Powers That Be will create a new secondary enemy for season 10.
                  I think they should explore H.P. Lovecraft tales.
                  I agree. Maybe near the Ancient base in Antarctica there's an underground city overrun by Shoggoth-like aliens, just like "At the Mountains of Madness." The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.

Comment

Originally posted by doombringer333
                    The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.
                    Maybe TPTB don't have to show that alien to us. Maybe a survivor gives a description to a sketch artist and we can see that. And later if the budget is right....
                    just an idea.
                    School is overrated.

Comment

No matter what happens, I'm sure our beloved team will have no shortage of enemies seeking our total destruction. Just another day at the office for SG-1.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by doombringer333
                        I agree. Maybe near the Ancient base in Antarctica there's an underground city overrun by Shoggoth-like aliens, just like "At the Mountains of Madness." The special FX for such an alien would be expensive, however.
                        Real aliens in Stargate? That's an novel concept.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                          I think introducing another new enemy wuld be the dumbest idea eva, they've spent basically a whole season introducing the Orii, now that they are established they can go right into the action.
                          Agreed, you cant add an enemy as big as the ori and then suddenly just add a new enemy and fight them instead. And we cant hope to defeat the ori in 10 episodes, they are way to massive, this will be a several season thing, at least as long as the goa'uld battle, if the show goes on for that long.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                            I am 85% sure that the new enemy is going to be the Lucian Allienece.
                            refresh my memory on who the lucian alliance are again?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm relatively sure that they're probably going to make Ba'al, the Lucian Alliance, and the Aschen the B-runner enemies. Ba'al is already in, what, 4 episodes this season? More next time. 'Cause there are more Ba'als... And the Lucian Alliance is also in an episode or two this season, perhaps more next season. The Aschen - well, the powers that be have been meaning to bring them back for quite some time. May as well wrap up the Aschen arc in Season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                                Maybe TPTB don't have to show that alien to us. Maybe a survivor gives a description to a sketch artist and we can see that. And later if the budget is right....
                                just an idea.
                                That's true. Another way TPTB could save money is by having Shoggoth eat up the innards of people then wearing their flesh and walking around. Disgusting, but cheap!

Comment

Working...
                                X