S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    See, I think the fact that Anubis (and Abydos and Adria) ascended means that you really do not have to be pure in order to ascend. There was also the Anubis clone guy from Prototype, and then McKay from Tao of Rodney where it was just a matter of physiology that allowed them to progress towards ascension.

Personally, I kinda like that fact that achieving ascension doesn't necessarily mean you're 'better' or more pure that someone who doesn't ascend, you just made a different choice. It makes the whole concept of ascension less mythical and more rational to me.
    But Anubis couldn't ascend without Oma's help, Anubis fooled her, which is why he was only half ascended...I think Oma tried to 'descend' him, but the others wouldn't let her as her pusnishment? I'm not sure if I remember that part correctly. Also Daniel couldn't ascend without help, and I do believe she helped ascend those on Abydos too...boy she was a busy outcast

I'm not sure about what happened on SGA regarding ascention...they should have left it alone, with just the few episodes and left all the confusion behind
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      But Anubis couldn't ascend without Oma's help, Anubis fooled her, which is why he was only half ascended...I think Oma tried to 'descend' him, but the others wouldn't let her as her pusnishment? I'm not sure if I remember that part correctly. Also Daniel couldn't ascend without help, and I do believe she helped ascend those on Abydos too...boy she was a busy outcast
      True, I think it's maybe a combination of choosing for yourself and choosing to accept help. Daniel, Anubis, and Abydos needed Oma's help, but Adria did it on her own and Anubis's clone and McKay were on their way to ascending on their own.

I think with Anubis is was something like he fully ascended thanks to Oma, and then the rest of the Ascended tried to send him back but could only do it halfway.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        I too stopped liking the Ancients when they stopped looking like SPF

If he had been around in S10, it would have been a MUCH better story Well, maybe much more watchable anyway
        Oh man. Don't even get me started on "Orlin" in S9. That was just creepy and wrong on so many levels. And Landry's and Lam's reaction to Sam's previous "relationship" with Orlin was completely unprofessional and uncalled for.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
          Oh man. Don't even get me started on "Orlin" in S9. That was just creepy and wrong on so many levels. And Landry's and Lam's reaction to Sam's previous "relationship" with Orlin was completely unprofessional and uncalled for.
          Oh but it was supposed to be funny
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Oh but it was supposed to be funny
            Yeah. Sure. Making one of the greatest minds and greatest heroes on Earth look like a pedophile. Hilarious.
            sigpic

Comment

Almost everything about Landry and Lam was unprofessional, but as they were never able to keep their personal lives off base I didn't expect them to keep other people's personal lives there either.

Totally off topic, but AT looks amazing in your sig jasminaGo.
              Originally posted by Callista
              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
              Originally posted by HPMom
              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I was really surprised by that especially since that episode was written by JM a supposed SJ supporter... (Also by the almost kiss between Au Martouf and Sam in Ripple Effect)

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                  Almost everything about Landry and Lam was unprofessional, but as they were never able to keep their personal lives off base I didn't expect them to keep other people's personal lives there either.
                  Oh man, the whole Lam/Landry was such a cliche. They're the new characters, make them interact with the old ones, and let us get to know them better. Instead they slapped threw them out there and expected me to care that Lam's daddy didn't go to her play when she was 10? Seriously?

Totally off topic, but AT looks amazing in your sig jasminaGo.
                  Thanks. The new GW interview is a gold mine for AT fangurling material.
                  Last edited by jasminaGo; 05 May 2009, 12:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Oh man, the whole Lam/Landry was such a cliche. They're the new characters, make them interact with the old ones, and let us get to know them better. Instead they slapped threw them out there and expected me to care that Lam's daddy didn't go to her play when she was 10? Seriously?
                    I was never a huge Lam fan to begin with. They needed some one amazing to replace Fraiser, and as pretty as Lexa is I just don't think she has/had what it took to fill the mighty big shoes that Teryl and her amazing chemistry with EVERYONE left behind. In a cast filled with (mostly) amazing actors, her performance seemed lackluster to me.

Plus, as you said, horribly cliche. The strong, independent girl who is crying on the inside cause she didn't get enough barbie's as a kid thing has been done to death, and yet, after the Sam/Jacob estrangement, the cringe worthy Lam/Landry business they rehashed it again with Vala and Jasek. Don't any daughters have healthy/loving relationships with their fathers in the stargate world? Can't TPTB write women in a relationship that makes them happy and does good things for their self-esteem?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Thanks. The new GW is a gold mine for AT fangurling material.
                    I always thought she was a fantastic looking woman, but the dark hair does amazing things for her.
                    Originally posted by Callista
                    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                    Originally posted by HPMom
                    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Ever scene with Landry and Lam my friend used to do her impression of Austin Powers "Daddy didn't love me!" That was one of the worst storylines... too Dawson's Creek for my liking.
                      "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

I loved that episode

Any weird pedo subtext is, um, made up.

Comment

I was never a huge Lam fan to begin with. They needed some one amazing to replace Fraiser, and as pretty as Lexa is I just don't think she has/had what it took to fill the mighty big shoes that Teryl and her amazing chemistry with EVERYONE left behind. In a cast filled with (mostly) amazing actors, her performance seemed lackluster to me.

Plus, as you said, horribly cliche. The strong, independent girl who is crying on the inside cause she didn't get enough barbie's as a kid thing has been done to death, and yet, after the Sam/Jacob estrangement, the cringe worthy Lam/Landry business they rehashed it again with Vala and Jasek. Don't any daughters have healthy/loving relationships with their fathers in the stargate world? Can't TPTB write women in a relationship that makes them happy and does good things for their self-esteem?
                          Wow, I never thought of that, but you're right!

I always thought she was a fantastic looking woman, but the dark hair does amazing things for her.
                          I always thought she was very cute.
                          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
                            I loved that episode

Any weird pedo subtext is, um, made up.
                            Or, you just didn't see it. Doesn't mean it wasn't there for others to see.

Might want to look again at those smirks of Lam's and Landry's when they say "intimate".

YMMV, apparently.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Oh, yes. Especially about the bold part. I absolutely loved Janet in every scene, no matter who Teryl's co-star was. She just clicked with everyone and it was so natural, and really a pleasure to watch.

Did you had to mention Jasek? I'm still trying to erase that mistake from my memory.

At least I'm grateful for one thing. They didn't went along with the Cam/Lam former sweethearts idea. Talk about a soap opera meets Sci Fi
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Or, you just didn't see it. Doesn't mean it wasn't there for others to see.

Might want to look again at those smirks of Lam's and Landry's when they say "intimate".

YMMV, apparently.

suse
                                I think some people have selective perception. They so want to like S9 & 10 they can only see what they want to see.
                                sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Working...
                                X