• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkie View Post
    Maybe Teyla lied about the father

Spoiler:
    it might not be Kanan, but Michael

I fear another baby of doom - TPTB are so fond of re-hash.
    Nah. We don't have the same personalities in play here. I think it'll be fine.

suse
    Last edited by suse; 13 January 2008, 07:32 AM.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Nah. We don't have the same personalities in play here. I ithnk it'll be fine.

suse
      I don't know- JM seems to be in awe with Coop...

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
        I don't know- JM seems to be in awe with Coop...
        Ain't goin' there.

I think it's more not allowing people to rag on a co-worker though. And I can respect that bit regardless of what I (personally) feel for certain decisions...

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i just can't see baby of doom. For any 'faults' that we perceive, Joe does tend to pay mor attention than your random TPB, and i think he knows that baby of doom can be the kiss of death of a show

what i'm thinking about teyla's baby

Spoiler:
          simple genetics. if teyla has wraith dna and if kanan has dna, then the baby will have some down from both mommy and daddy

if we get sprog of doom, i will go play in the anti s4 thread and vent my disgust
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i just can't see baby of doom. For any 'faults' that we perceive, Joe does tend to pay mor attention than your random TPB, and i think he knows that baby of doom can be the kiss of death of a show

what i'm thinking about teyla's baby

Spoiler:
            simple genetics. if teyla has wraith dna and if kanan has dna, then the baby will have some down from both mommy and daddy

if we get sprog of doom, i will go play in the anti s4 thread and vent my disgust
            And we'll welcome you with both hands! Teyla might be lying about the father...

Comment

i'm gonna be 'glass is half full' for the time being

I may not like or agree with how Joe interacts with fans, and i certainly don't like every single episode that he writes, but my gut tells me that he paid attention during seasons 9 and 10 and may be trying to avoid some of the 'mistakes' that coop made

sigpic

Comment

from your mouth Sky to Joe's ears.

from what I've seen so far in Atlantis-they seemed to have paid attention. Sam was introduced initelligently and with some sensitivity-wish we would hear more about her when she wasn't in the episode-but so it goes. Also-there appears to be some real character interaction and development-something lacking in general in SG-1.
                JM may or may not be in "awe" of Cooper or might just be being diplomatic but I can tell you when you bring in a name (or names) like BB and CB and misuse them and give them dreck to work with-then you better be able to stand up to the heat your are oging to get from the fans. Whether you like what they say or don't give a rat's tooshie hair-you still have a product to sell. And while you can't please all of the people, all of the time-you chance pleasing all of the people none of the time.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
                  Exactly - a new show, a new series, with new and different characters - I could take it (if I liked it) or not (if I didn't like it).

But taking and distorting SG-1, a show I used to like, into their new show - something I hate - they've pissed me off, because their new SG-1 contaminates and poisons my enjoyment and appreciation of the original SG-1.
                  I'm still just as bitter about it as you Astro. I think I read somewhere that there may have been some hard negotiation going down at contract time one season and TPTB intended to demonstrate that the characters (and thus actors) were expendable. However as they found out the team of 4 were dearly loved by everyone. Change the mix and the fans have something new to decide whether they like - or don't. I certainly didn't.

It also goes to show that high profile actors coming in to the show doesn't make it a success either. I think RCoop was decidedly sloppy about the whole issue. Both characters were terrible - boring and more like you would expect from a show a couple of decades ago - and so different to SG1 - I can not understand how the boy Coop could possibly think he was going to keep the old SG1 fans beyond those ones who are staunch supporters. In addition the writing was pretty poor and didn't have that intelligent and inventive SG1 feel. Chris Michael and Amanda are all fine actors. Michael's talent was just wasted on Vaniel and we didn't get to see much of Amanda's or Chris' talent at all. Whoever decided on these changes and to produce the show in this way certainly disrespected the actors who had helped to make this show a very lucrative success - shame on them.

It took me a long time to watch the second half of season 9 and then season 10 - I did this a few months ago - I was totally disappointed. I also felt sorry for Claudia and Ben. If I was them I would be embarrassed about how the show was written for them both in quality and quantity.

Comment

one thing we need to remember, these people arent' just co-workers. .they're friends.

they possibly babysit each others kids or dogs. they might housesit for each other. they socialize together, talk about tv shows they watch or books they read.

they are friends.

and, even if joe might personally think that coop's work is crap, he will not bash his friend. He'll accept that coop does what cop wants to do and it's his job. and he will defend his friend

they have spent a chunk of a lifetime together, day in and day out. they know each other and they care for each other

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
                      I'm still just as bitter about it as you Astro. I think I read somewhere that there may have been some hard negotiation going down at contract time one season and TPTB intended to demonstrate that the characters (and thus actors) were expendable. However as they found out the team of 4 were dearly loved by everyone. Change the mix and the fans have something new to decide whether they like - or don't. I certainly didn't.

It also goes to show that high profile actors coming in to the show doesn't make it a success either....

Comment

Sky that may be very well true-we love and protect our friends even if they resemble anal orifices-but I am hoping that JM did learn and listen. I understand that there are a number of people who were quite pleased with seasons 9 and 10 and more power to them-but there were also a number of people who were not happy and baled. i was one of them. and was also totally prepared to bale on Atlantis this season if I felt it was getting idiotic
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

i do think that, while joe may certainly not agree with decisions that coop has made, he won't publically hang him out to dry. He'll support the PERSON even as he doesn't agree with the decisions

sigpic

Comment

Having close friends to work with is fine and dandy and all...but it also opens the doors to poor decisions. There is a reason why you are supposed to separate business from friends and family.

a few issues can arise when working with people that you are too close to.

1st issue is everyone just turns into yes men and agree with everything that is said.

2nd issue is friends and family expect their ideas, needs or wants will get priority because they are your friend.

3rd issue is having favorites...those who get the gravy and all the goodies.

4th issue is not being able to leave work at the door and take it everywhere you go.

5th issue is a lack of an outside voice questioning the product, lack of good QC.

When Grekko played parent/QC...whatever they made sure the kids were kept in line. When they left that void was filled by the "next in line" who really was not a QC manager. Hence, you get the oldest son trying to take over daddy's business and still be the carefree boss's kid as before...and not the boss.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Amen. IMO TPTB are way too close. That's the problem.Same goes for TPTB and some of the Actors. The number one goal at work is to focus on the business and not about making friends.

Comment

easier said than done after 10 years

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X