No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might've become unstable after fighting Replicarter in "Reckoning". Season 9 and 10 might just be delussions of Daniel while he's in the institution ReganX mentioned.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      I am all for Thor faking the suicide. That would be more in character than what was shoved down our throats.

Last few pages gave me visions of What Coops new Universe series will be like. Stargate Romper Room...*shivers*

Perhaps that should be a fan fic. After humanity turns into a bunch of boobs with high tech toys and no real skills Thor can come back and take the technology back and tell us it was a test and we failed.

Then Thor can take a rolled up paper and do his own swatting .
      Have you seen the movie Idiocracy?
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        Have you seen the movie Idiocracy?
        Don't watch many movies--I was just reporting what I've seen recently.

Thor gives us technology up the whazoo and we spend it text messaging while driving.

All the Asgard technology leads us too...not knowing how to use a ruler.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          He might've become unstable after fighting Replicarter in "Reckoning". Season 9 and 10 might just be delussions of Daniel while he's in the institution ReganX mentioned.
          That would have at least given us a plausible explanation for his character transformation. If he remembered any of it, it would have affected him.
          Oh, wait. I forgot--changing from being a decent guy to manhandling annoying people like Vala is fun. Forgetting your friends is fun.

Remember when Daniel used to call Jack on being an ***? No one ever called Daniel on it.

Comment

I wonder what the SG9/10 Daniel, Action Jackson, would do in the episode "The Other Side"? I remember him telling Jack off there for the things he did in S9/10.
            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              That would have at least given us a plausible explanation for his character transformation. If he remembered any of it, it would have affected him.
              Oh, wait. I forgot--changing from being a decent guy to manhandling annoying people like Vala is fun. Forgetting your friends is fun.

Remember when Daniel used to call Jack on being an ***? No one ever called Daniel on it.
              Maybe because there was no hope for Daniel.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I wonder what the SG9/10 Daniel, Action Jackson, would do in the episode "The Other Side"? I remember him telling Jack off there for the things he did in S9/10.
                Honestly, I thought that Daniel was an idiot in "The Other Side" - the man needed to look into the words 'tact' and 'diplomacy'. There is a time and a place to raise the kind of concerns he had, and the negotiation table isn't it. They needed to present a united front for the Eurondans - but at least his heart was more or less in the right place back then.

Action Jackson was a jerk. I looked forward to the Season Ten episodes that were to be blessedly Jackson-free.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                  Honestly, I thought that Daniel was an idiot in "The Other Side" - the man needed to look into the words 'tact' and 'diplomacy'. There is a time and a place to raise the kind of concerns he had, and the negotiation table isn't it. They needed to present a united front for the Eurondans - but at least his heart was more or less in the right place back then.
                  I have the same opinion with regards to the events in that episode, but I was refering more to the opinion and personality of Daniel in that episode; would Action Jackson have done the same thing (Overruling your better judgement with you conscience) or wouldn't he have cared?

Action Jackson was a jerk. I looked forward to the Season Ten episodes that were to be blessedly Jackson-free.
                  *nods* Even Vala was likable at times in those episodes.
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I have the same opinion with regards to the events in that episode, but I was refering more to the opinion and personality of Daniel in that episode; would Action Jackson have done the same thing (Overruling your better judgement with you conscience) or wouldn't he have cared?
                    The latter.

*nods* Even Vala was likable at times in those episodes.
                    Action Jackson drags her character down horribly. She's better off when she's away from him.

Comment

That should be a major arc in Atlantis, the SGC becomming arrogant and oppressive, and the expedition deciding to leave the IOA and continue on their own.
                      As for Thor and whacking:
                      Thor: <WHACK> We told you <WHACK> that you weren't ready. <WHACK> But you failed to head our warning. <WHACK> O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c, please join me on board of my new ship, as Earth will lose its Stargate and technological advances it made because of it. Now as a last gift from the Asgard to the humans. <WHACK> Grow up. <WHACK>
                      Ooooohhhhhhh. Classic SG-1: Babylon 5 And they'd do it for "Taur'i" humanity's own good. I can see that. They don't even need a ship. I'm sure the Nox would help them find a new planet not on the cartouch or in the Ancient download.

on Thor whacking the Taur'i. I like that better than mass suicide.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I prefer the split personality theory, where the Action Jackson personality was caused by the trauma of Jack leaving, Mitchell getting the command instead of Sam, Teal'c leaving, not going to Atlantis, and Vala reappearing and being added to the team.
                        Anubis is actually Action Jackson. Daniel is still eating waffles.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        Bizzaro Daniel "indiana" Jackson.
                        Or is it just the red Kryptonite?
                        Oh, Indy is far better than Action Jackson--no comparison.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        But that means poor Daniel was unstable on some level to begin with. I actually prefer the "Daniel never actually came back, its Anubis" theory....but then that means Daniel is dead or trapped where no one can find him .
                        My current theory.

As for Thor and whacking:
                        Thor: <WHACK> We told you <WHACK> that you weren't ready. <WHACK> But you failed to head our warning. <WHACK> O'Neill, Carter, Jackson and Teal'c, please join me on board of my new ship, as Earth will lose its Stargate and technological advances it made because of it. Now as a last gift from the Asgard to the humans. <WHACK> Grow up. <WHACK>
                        Go Thor--smack Action Jackson extra hard.

Comment

Action Jackson is Anubis, excellent theory. I bet Daniel's busy fighting the Ori or is Morgan Daniel?
                          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Action Jackson is Anubis, excellent theory. I bet Daniel's busy fighting the Ori or is Morgan Daniel?

As punishment for his crimes, Anubis was sent back from Ascension land as Daniel to learn what it is like to be human.

As part of the deal--Daniel gets to stay in the cafe till Anubis either screws up to the point where Daniel has to go back and fix it or Anubis becomes a good guy and earns his wings...leaving Daniel the opportunity to come back and be himself.

However, Anubis has screwed up so much Daniel doesn't want to go back unless everyone Anubis screwed with has their memories erased--or time reset.

Thus, the current situation is Anubis wants to get back in with the Ascended bad becuase they basically let him do whatever he pleased while Daniel is too afraid to go back in fear of getting beat up by SG-1.

Oma is actually Vala--sent to annoy Anubis to no end.

Comment

Teal'c: I just had a horrible nightmare, O'Neill.

O'Neill: Tell me about it.

Teal'c: First of all, you were not there. You were in Washington at a desk job.

O'Neill: Like that would ever happen.

Teal'c: It is worse, O'Neill. Colonel Carter lost her command of SG1 to an imprudent officer—I think the term you would use is "hotdog"--with no offworld experience.

O'Neill: growl. It'd never happen. Carter is an excellent officer.

Teal'c: I was relegated to being an observer of all this, except for being tortured during various missions.

O'Neill: Like they'd ever get ahold of you.

Teal'c: And SG1 was forced to accept as a member a former criminal who never stopped talking and constantly romantically pursued Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: Oh, ho—I knew ya had it in you Danny boy!

Teal'c: These were unwanted attentions. But perhaps worst of all was Daniel Jackson.

O'Neill: What about Daniel?

Teal'c: He was not himself, O'Neill. He had become arrogant and angry. He acted as though Colonel Carter and I were strangers and he was abusive toward the new female team member.

O'Neill: Daniel? Abusive?

Teal'c: He literally pushed her around.

O'Neill: That is a doozie. Ok, no more double pepperoni pizza for you before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                As punishment for his crimes, Anubis was sent back from Ascension land as Daniel to learn what it is like to be human.

As part of the deal--Daniel gets to stay in the cafe till Anubis either screws up to the point where Daniel has to go back and fix it or Anubis becomes a good guy and earns his wings...leaving Daniel the opportunity to come back and be himself.

However, Anubis has screwed up so much Daniel doesn't want to go back unless everyone Anubis screwed with has their memories erased--or time reset.

Thus, the current situation is Anubis wants to get back in with the Ascended bad becuase they basically let him do whatever he pleased while Daniel is too afraid to go back in fear of getting beat up by SG-1.

Oma is actually Vala--sent to annoy Anubis to no end.
                                This explaination is so much better than the one TPTB have given us.

Anyway, PU Vala vs Oma Vala? Or did Oma take over her body?

Someone should write an alternative ending episode for SG-1, where this theory and the Asgard are involved in.
                                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X