No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while we can see that some enjoy vala, the cynic in me has to wonder if vala would be so wonderful if it was the valeron - vala/cameron instead of vaniel

For years i've watched many of these folks quite predictibly prefer ay and everything with daniel and see sam as competition and a threat to daneil. while vala? hey, she may sexually harrass and pester him and emasculate him, but when she's around he gets more airtime, thus if you like daniel, vala can't be seen as all bad since her presence guarantees more of your favorite actor's presence

what would have been funny, to play let's pretend, ok so shanks said he hadn't signed for s11. what if we had gotten a s11, and ms wasn't in it, thus freeing vala up to be paired with cam (wouldn't pair her iwth teal'c. first of all, there's that whole color thing and second of all, cam is the hewo, he has to get the girl)

it would be fun to see how many Vaniel fans would be happy if it was just Vala and if she'd still be so fresh and super and funny
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
      Wow, you're right, Mitchell is so bad he gives Felger a good name!
      at least felger has the common sense and humility to KNOW he's not the hewo of the universe.

cam still hasn't gotten that meme

oh, i do have to be fair. SEASON 9 cam didn't have that memo, s10 cam's meds are figured about right and he's a bit less ADHD than he was in s9

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        Wow, you're right, Mitchell is so bad he gives Felger a good name!
        That'd make a great sig quote.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
          Same here. I frequently have this pic on my desktop, to remind me of the good old days...

*sigh*
          Ahhh, the glory days

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            at least felger has the common sense and humility to KNOW he's not the hewo of the universe.

cam still hasn't gotten that meme

oh, i do have to be fair. SEASON 9 cam didn't have that memo, s10 cam's meds are figured about right and he's a bit less ADHD than he was in s9
            Yeah, at least Felger can own up to mistakes he has made, amd is capable of sayng "I'm Sorry". You will never hesr those words honestly come out of Mitchell.

Yeah, they have Mitchell's medications in order now

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              That'd make a great sig quote.
              Thanks, think I might use it.

Comment

while we can see that some enjoy vala, the cynic in me has to wonder if vala would be so wonderful if it was the valeron - vala/cameron instead of vaniel

For years i've watched many of these folks quite predictibly prefer ay and everything with daniel and see sam as competition and a threat to daneil. while vala? hey, she may sexually harrass and pester him and emasculate him, but when she's around he gets more airtime, thus if you like daniel, vala can't be seen as all bad since her presence guarantees more of your favorite actor's presence

what would have been funny, to play let's pretend, ok so shanks said he hadn't signed for s11. what if we had gotten a s11, and ms wasn't in it, thus freeing vala up to be paired with cam (wouldn't pair her iwth teal'c. first of all, there's that whole color thing and second of all, cam is the hewo, he has to get the girl)

it would be fun to see how many Vaniel fans would be happy if it was just Vala and if she'd still be so fresh and super and funny
                Yeah there is/was a certain group that would just love nothing more than for Sam and Teal'c to get lost and just Daniel and Jack explore the galaxy together. I believe that everyone has a right to their own beliefs and opinions but some got down right nasty. The attacks were made at Sam's character because she was taking precious Jack time that should be Daniels.

I guess my point is I wonder how this same fan base feels about Vala/Daniel? After all as you pointed out, Daniel is now front and center when Vala is around. I also wonder if Jack came back full time say as CO of the base, and the current SG-1 was still in place, would Vala be trashed because she was cutting into Jack/Daniel time?.
                Last edited by Rogue; 06 October 2006, 05:57 AM.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  Yeah there is/was a certain group that would just love nothing more than for Sam and Teal'c to get lost and just Daniel and Jack explore the galaxy together. I believe that everyone has a right to their own beliefs and opinions but some got down right nasty. The attacks were made at Sam's character because she was taking precious Jack time that should be Daniels.

I guess my point is I wonder how this same fan base feels about Vala/Daniel? After all as you pointed out, Daniel is now front and center when Vala is around. I also wonder if Jack came back full time say as CO of the base, and the current SG-1 was still in place, would Vala be trashed because she was cutting into Jack/Daniel time?.
                  You know Rogue that is an interesting point. I try to stay away from the anti-Sam and Jack thread-but in the fan fic arena, judging from the amount of Jack/Daniel stories I have seen and some of the other comments I have read on the other threads and forums my view is that there seems to be an opinion that Sam and Teal'c do take away from Jack/Daniel-which some people seem to feel should be the main focus of the show because that is the way it is in the movie.

folks-aside from the gate and a couple of character names-this ain't your movie stargate you are watching.

What seems to be missing is the point that SG-1 is the sum of its whole. meaning each little part put together makes it one unit. each character has something that links up to the other and they all make up a solid unit. they each bring their expertise and personality to the team and that is what made them a unit and a watchable unit.

right now we kind of have a "band" but with individual stars and back up singers.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    You know Rogue that is an interesting point. I try to stay away from the anti-Sam and Jack thread-but in the fan fic arena, judging from the amount of Jack/Daniel stories I have seen and some of the other comments I have read on the other threads and forums my view is that there seems to be an opinion that Sam and Teal'c do take away from Jack/Daniel-which some people seem to feel should be the main focus of the show because that is the way it is in the movie.

folks-aside from the gate and a couple of character names-this ain't your movie stargate you are watching.

What seems to be missing is the point that SG-1 is the sum of its whole. meaning each little part put together makes it one unit. each character has something that links up to the other and they all make up a solid unit. they each bring their expertise and personality to the team and that is what made them a unit and a watchable unit.

right now we kind of have a "band" but with individual stars and back up singers.
                    Just remember the lead singer depends on the back up singers to make him look good because he can't sing
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Just remember the lead singer depends on the back up singers to make him look good because he can't sing
                      so very true!
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

i think sam will always be the victim of the ire of some. vala might become the target, but it would have to be after sam leaves the show and then if vala throws herself at jack

i think vala will be tolerated if she's Vaniel. as long as daniel is in the equation, whomever he's paired with will be fine

if sam/daniel had been the ship of choice i think we'd have a lot less anti-sam feelings going around

sigpic

Comment

i think sam will always be the victim of the ire of some. vala might become the target, but it would have to be after sam leaves the show and then if vala throws herself at jack

i think vala will be tolerated if she's Vaniel. as long as daniel is in the equation, whomever he's paired with will be fine

if sam/daniel had been the ship of choice i think we'd have a lot less anti-sam feelings going around
                          would we have had a samiel or a dam?

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl

So true. In fact the way the orginial movie characters were written, I really don't know if Jack and Daniel would have even become close friends.

I enjoy the interaction between all the team members. They weren't just a team of explorers they were friends. They actually cared for each other. I miss that aspect of the show.
                            Last edited by Rogue; 06 October 2006, 07:55 AM.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Jumping in here as a J/D slasher, I certainly don't hate Sam and I don't believe the vast majority of J/Ders do, anymore than I don't believe the majority of S/J shippers hate Daniel. Sure you will get some character bashing in places but you get that with a show like stargate...

I'm a fan of the original team that was Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. I've never wanted it to be solely the Jack and Daniel show, as pointed out the show should be about the team not one pairing or character/s. However I have seen some D/Vers who would be more than happy to have the Daniel/Vala show (don't we have enough of that now?) and lose everyone else.

I judge a character as I see him/her, not how much screen time they give someone else. Giving Daniel more screen time is not going to make me become a Vala fan in a million years, and definitely not a D/V fan.
                              Vala has been poorly written going from sexual innuendos/leather outfits thief to pigtailed bratty kid. With some better writing and perhaps having Vala as a recurring character not fulltime it might have been different.
                              This season we've had Daniel/Vala practically joined at the hip and you can't get away from it (well except the eps Daniel isn't in)
                              It's not about the team anymore, they're just people who happen to work together.

At the end of the day, haven't TPTB played with all of the fanbases at some time or other and are still doing it now. And what do we have, a show that's become a shadow of what it once was, and is now cancelled?

Just my two cents, end of rant

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
                                I judge a character as I see him/her, not how much screen time they give someone else. Giving Daniel more screen time is not going to make me become a Vala fan in a million years, and definitely not a D/V fan.
                                Chime in any time Grasshopper. It’s nice to hear from a Slasher.

Not a Daniel/Vala fan myself. I can’t see him being able to put up with such a nit wit.
                                Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Working...
                                X