S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
    I don't drink. Guess I'll have to stick with pointing and laughing.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    chocolate works. get yourself a good sugar buzz going and you'll never notice the homage to a really cool scifi show that aired a few years ago
    I don't drink either...I'm loading up on christmas chocolate that half off.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

best thing about christmas...half price christmas candy
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        I doubt they have the capacity to actually research real high schools. It will be something generic like Thomas Jefferson High School or something that sounds good with Cams football teams name.
        waht's really gonna be funny is if help from the sgc comes in like an hour or so...at its best, colorado springs is 2-3 hours minimum from any city in kansas...and even further from the major cities.

actually, cam being from kansas doesn't make any real sense. we have 2 air force bases, neither of which are very large. it also doesn't mesh with all his grandma references. they've always come across tome as more of a real south, arkansas or alabama or the like, not the midwest.

the only way kansas is part of the south is, well we ARE south of canada

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          How about, Jefferson Davis Hogg High School...watch out for the dodge charger with the confed. flag.
          That would be the Dukes of Hazzard: Kansas edition.

Boss Hogg's other twin (with the same name a la George Foreman's 4-5 sons).

Car chases thru corn fields whooping all the way. I can so see Cam on the lam. Ooops. Did I say that? NOT. Mr Clean Cut :mumblemumble:...

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

We could go with Rosco P. Coltrane High, if it really were set in the south.

Comment

chocolate works. get yourself a good sugar buzz going and you'll never notice the homage to a really cool scifi show that aired a few years ago
              Or I can watch with my cat, her antics are always amusing - she tried to claw Mitchell's eyes out once.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

you know, i had a bit of a revelation in my snark

know how the boys have been having fun 'homaging' shows....well, i think in s9 and 10 they did homage...themselves.

s9 and 10 are a 'homage' ripoof of how the show used to be. and like any 'good' homage, it has to be farcical and 'fun', cause you know that's the only way to do a homage

sigpic

Comment

waht's really gonna be funny is if help from the sgc comes in like an hour or so...at its best, colorado springs is 2-3 hours minimum from any city in kansas...and even further from the major cities.

actually, cam being from kansas doesn't make any real sense. we have 2 air force bases, neither of which are very large. it also doesn't mesh with all his grandma references. they've always come across tome as more of a real south, arkansas or alabama or the like, not the midwest.

the only way kansas is part of the south is, well we ARE south of canada
                  I bet his home town looks like Vancouver with trees, lots of trees - just like Kansas
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

oh yes, it's easy to get lost in our vast kansas forests

sigpic

Comment

oh yes, it's easy to get lost in our vast kansas forests
                      What do you think the odds are that they'll throw in a "Wizard of Oz" reference - maybe as an homage to Jack...even though they won't actually mention his name or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        What do you think the odds are that they'll throw in a "Wizard of Oz" reference - maybe as an homage to Jack...even though they won't actually mention his name or anything like that?
                        Jack who?
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

that too.

since the story sooooo doesn't appeal to me, all that's left is getting to see the actors that i enjoy. and if they're not involved....well we'll just let that small segment of the fandom coop adores and caters the show to support him.

it's not like poor sales on movie 1 will endanger movie 2. they'll both be taped adn in the can and movie 2 will likely be released regardless of how good or bad movie 1's sales are...so nothing to lose (but the potential of wasting $20)
                          Yeah, if Sam and Teal'c aren't featured heavily I doubt I'll bother.

Comment

If it's Jack who? and Jack who? for the Movies it will be Money what Money ?about buying the Movies.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                              Jack who?
                              I think he's that guy who gave his blessing for Mitchell to be on SG-1... even though he managed to avoid ever telling anybody his own opinion of Mitchell, or expressing faith in his abilities.

Very telling, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Yeah, if Sam and Teal'c aren't featured heavily I doubt I'll bother.
                                While I would love to see Jack back, the above is essential if I'm going to bother with the movies.

Otherwise, I don't intend to waste perfectly good money on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X