S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Amen. I think it's a shame how they're working to hard to keep The Big 3 apart from each other, all in the name of All Vaniel, All the Time.
    not totally apart. Sam and Teal'c are over there in the corner with cameron and his sword

they are trotted out whenever Vaniel needs someone to do something to move the plot along to babble those really long words
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      not totally apart. Sam and Teal'c are over there in the corner with cameron and his sword

they are trotted out whenever Vaniel needs someone to do something to move the plot along to babble those really long words
      LOL--cam shaft and the sword. I was expecting him to say something like: "There can be only one," when he picked the thing up.

I have sword fights in an original book I'm writing. I actually researched the types of swords and swords in legends. Thank God they didn't make Cam's sword "Gram" the magical sword that fights on it's own. However, I wouldn't be surpirsed if the next sword Cammie pickes up does. Let's see--magical swords that Daniel could tell us about? Gram--fights by itsel. There is one that can cut through anything. Another sword that chan deflect anyblow. My favorite was the singing sword.

Hmm, cammie's sword will be female and he will fall in love with it.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Yup, whenever someone is needed to fiddle around with some technical device to buy Vaniel more time or something like that... or slip in an "indeed" or two just to vary the dialogue a bit.

Sorry, a little too bitter, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          LOL--cam shaft and the sword. I was expecting him to say something like: "There can be only one," when he picked the thing up.

I have sword fights in an original book I'm writing. I actually researched the types of swords and swords in legends. Thank God they didn't make Cam's sword "Gram" the magical sword that fights on it's own. However, I wouldn't be surpirsed if the next sword Cammie pickes up does. Let's see--magical swords that Daniel could tell us about? Gram--fights by itsel. There is one that can cut through anything. Another sword that chan deflect anyblow. My favorite was the singing sword.

Oh puhlease don't get me started on Cambo and the sword

Here we have a fully trained warrior with a century of training in martial arts and is big enough to make the swords look like toothpicks and who gets to fight with them??? The trained and experienced one? Oh no! It's Cambo. Just like who gets to lead the team. The trained and experienced one? Oh no! It's Cambo.

Hey, I finally found a couple of clips of MST3K. LOL, I sure wish someone would do that to S9/10, such fertile ground

With a little under a week till the second part of the season starts in the UK, do we need to reserve spots here

What??

I'm not cynical!! I'm a realist ........
          well would you believe an optimist?
          how about .... an optimistc pessimist?

*wanders off trying to get the voice of Don Adams outta my head*
          -

Comment

The scary thing is that I can actually see Cambo as an idiot Immortal newbie. He actually died in the fight in Antarctica, came back Immortal, and whoever told him about what he now is, didn't manage to impress the need to be discrete about it on him. So it's all "Whoo!!! I'm Immortal! I can charge all alone into enemy fire and live to tell about it! Wooo Hoo!!!!! So let's CHAARRGGE!!!!" and "And I can afford to goof around forever - 'cause I got forever, y'know." to him.

I wonder if one of the MacLeods could come over and straighten out this newly Immortal twit before he spills the secret of Immortality to the US Air Force, and gets a bunch of mortals killed to boot? Please???

Of course, I can also see Methos deciding Cam is such a hopeless twit that he whacks him quietly in a dark corner of the SGC parking lot one night, blames the three broken light bulbs and staticky spot in the surveillance video from the meager Quickening on some EM discharge from the Gate, and then declares that Ba'al and his clones knew what a hero Cam was to his people, so they must have eliminated him at the earliest opportunity to explain the body.

And then Mac and Methos jointly shove Vala into Amanda's hands to be dealt with (or at least taught a little discretion in her chosen trade ) and exit before the Watchers arrive.

And, with that, it'd be back to Stargate SG-1 in a much more tenable version, IMO.

(And now I've just scared myself a lot more - I roamed over to the Updates section of the Highlander - The Source site, and found this: http://www.highlander-thesource.com/news-updates.html

Spoiler:
            Oh, dear God - the Immortals are gonna quest to find the Holy Grail! I think the Highlander writers and the Stargate writers have been hanging out together. Oy! Enough with the Holy Grail, folks! Go find yourselves some other legends to despoil! Please!
            Meds. I need meds.)

No! No, no, no, no! Our male hewo will not have a female sword! He cannot have a female sword - it's, it's... Let's just say that I think a magical sword of the female persuaion is anatomically impossible on Stargate as long as the writing staff is exclusively of the male persuasion.

Though I dare say it's safe to assume Cam is in love with his magical sword. ::tries very hard to look innocent - fails ::

To me it looks like the background to the various swords in Stargate season 9 would go something like this: "The sword is male. The sword MUST be male! All swords must be male! The swords cannot be taken away from the guys. Swords are an essential guy-thing. Girls are supposed to know this, and only touch swords in order to get them into the hands of their rightful male wielders, per Valencia in Camelot!"

/double-entendre

/sarcasm

But that's only my opinion.

Ahem.

If we have to have swords on Stargate (I don't think they belong there at all, to start with), I think I'd like it if something analogous to the final version of Mercedes Lackey's Need - with the caveat it worked for men, too - found its way into Cam's hands. Can you imagine Our Hewo with the mind of a cantankerous, opinionated, supremely knowledgable and supremely competent 10,000 year old female master warrior and mage housed in his magic sword, constantly in his head, giving him an honest, even biting, ongoing critique of his performance as a fighter and a leader - and forcing him to pay heed to it? Everything he does, the sword is there to tell him what he did well, and what he did badly - or wrong - and how to do it better, if not right, without a single grain of sugar-coating. And if he doesn't listen and learn... the sword takes over and makes him do it right. No amount of angst and enthusiams and wibbling and unfortunate previous experiences can get him out of the sword's lessons. Best of all - if the sword were like Need, the magical nature of the blade would prevent him getting rid of it, too. (Then again, if the rest of SG-1 had any sense, they'd Super Glue the thing to him, anyhow.) He'd have to listen to the thing, and demonstrate he'd learned from it, before it would release him and move on to straighten out another bearer. Preferably Vala.

But gee... there'd go another 6 - 10 seasons getting those two straightened out..
            Last edited by MerRu; 02 January 2007, 06:03 PM.
            Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
            So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
              The scary thing is that I can actually see Cambo as an idiot Immortal newbie. He actually died in the fight in Antarctica, came back Immortal, and whoever told him about what he now is, didn't manage to impress the need to be discrete about it on him. So it's all "Whoo!!! I'm Immortal! I can charge all alone into enemy fire and live to tell about it! Wooo Hoo!!!!! So let's CHAARRGGE!!!!" and "And I can afford to goof around forever - 'cause I got forever, y'know." to him.

I wonder if one of the MacLeods could come over and straighten out this newly Immortal twit before he spills the secret of Immortality to the US Air Force, and gets a bunch of mortals killed to boot? Please???

Of course, I can also see Methos deciding Cam is such a hopeless twit that he whacks him quietly in a dark corner of the SGC parking lot one night, blames the three broken light bulbs and staticky spot in the surveillance video from the meager Quickening on some EM discharge from the Gate, and then declares that Ba'al and his clones knew what a hero Cam was to his people, so they must have eliminated him at the earliest opportunity to explain the body.

And then Mac and Methos jointly shove Vala into Amanda's hands to be dealt with (or at least taught a little discretion in her chosen trade ) and exit before the Watchers arrive.

And, with that, it'd be back to Stargate SG-1 in a much more tenable version, IMO.

(And now I've just scared myself a lot more - I roamed over to the Updates section of the Highlander - The Source site, and found this: http://www.highlander-thesource.com/news-updates.html

Spoiler:
              Oh, dear God - the Immortals are gonna quest to find the Holy Grail! I think the Highlander writers and the Stargate writers have been hanging out together. Oy! Enough with the Holy Grail, folks! Go find yourselves some other legends to despoil! Please!
              Meds. I need meds.)

No! No, no, no, no! Our male hewo will not have a female sword! He cannot have a female sword - it's, it's... Let's just say that I think a magical sword of the female persuaion is anatomically impossible on Stargate as long as the writing staff is exclusively of the male persuasion.

Though I dare say it's safe to assume Cam is in love with his magical sword. ::tries very hard to look innocent - fails ::

To me it looks like the background to the various swords in Stargate season 9 would go something like this: "The sword is male. The sword MUST be male! All swords must be male! The swords cannot be taken away from the guys. Swords are an essential guy-thing. Girls are supposed to know this, and only touch swords in order to get them into the hands of their rightful male wielders, per Valencia in Camelot!"

/double-entendre

/sarcasm

But that's only my opinion.

Ahem.

If we have to have swords on Stargate (I don't think they belong there at all, to start with), I think I'd like it if something analogous to the final version of Mercedes Lackey's Need - with the caveat it worked for men, too - found its way into Cam's hands. Can you imagine Our Hewo with the mind of a cantankerous, opinionated, supremely knowledgable and supremely competent 10,000 year old female master warrior and mage housed in his magic sword, constantly in his head, giving him an honest, even biting, ongoing critique of his performance as a fighter and a leader - and forcing him to pay heed to it? Everything he does, the sword is there to tell him what he did well, and what he did badly - or wrong - and how to do it better, if not right, without a single grain of sugar-coating. And if he doesn't listen and learn... the sword takes over and makes him do it right. No amount of angst and enthusiams and wibbling and unfortunate previous experiences can get him out of the sword's lessons. Best of all - if the sword were like Need, the magical nature of the blade would prevent him getting rid of it, too. (Then again, if the rest of SG-1 had any sense, they'd Super Glue the thing to him, anyhow.) He'd have to listen to the thing, and demonstrate he'd learned from it, before it would release him and move on to straighten out another bearer. Preferably Vala.

But gee... there'd go another 6 - 10 seasons getting those two straightened out..

ROTFLMAO--someone with my sense of humor!

Cam: This sword is heavy

Vala: Pull hard Cambo

Teal'c: Very hard, Cambo

Daniel: But Mitchell--I want to play with the sword.

Sam: Should I tell him that the sword is rigged to blow?

Jack: No...let him sink or swim I got time!

Hammond: What in carnation is going on here? I knew I should have never retired.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post

OMG! lolololololololol! ROTFL!

The second highlighted bit threw me a second. Til I remembered the character. <snicker> Chosen profession indeed!

Thought for a sec you were referencing AT.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Hammond: What in carnation is going on here? I knew I should have never retired.

Can't resist. Apologies

Hammond: What incarnation is going on here?

Evil incarnate I say! or What AU is this?

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Can't resist. Apologies

Hammond: What incarnation is going on here?

Evil incarnate I say! or What AU is this?

suse
                    No apologies--I never could spell. My english teacher hated me.

Comment

LOL

you know, i've seen a lot of highlander/stargate crossoves, which usually have daniel as the immortal - which kinda makes sense since he won't die, but this could actually be pretty funny

although i think, given cam's 'skill' with a sword, richie could take him
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Hey, I finally found a couple of clips of MST3K. LOL, I sure wish someone would do that to S9/10, such fertile ground
                        Ha, the other day I was thinking how much I missed MST3K and wished those guys were still around. I think S9/10 would be great fodder for them. Heck I've MSTed it myself most times

Comment

ROTFL!! Thanks for the laughs, I totally needed that!

Comment

Sam and Teal'c reaction after another one of Mitchell's ideas

Sam: Boy that was a dumb idea.

Teal'c: Indeed.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I thought swords were masculine.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                                I thought swords were masculine.
                                For Cam the rules can be changed.
                                (It's his character 'development'.)

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X