S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
    Sad to say, but if for some reason SG-1 was renewed for S11, we would get still get more of the same. As much as I would like RDA back, he needs to move on and not look back. These guys have shown they have no interest in Jack being a major influence in the SG-1 world. RDA signs on for 5 shows and he is really only in one Sg-1 ep that has any meaning.

After what I've seen, I wouldn't want a S11 either. I'm ready to see them move on and see what new shows they will be on I hope all the actors the best and don't want to see them tied to this albatross.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      LOL

bimbo and the cranky git

TAOB&TCG
      It should probably be "Grouchy Git" for the sake of clliteration, but I like Cranky.

Maybe Mitchell could guest star as Multiples, the man of a thousand personalities - it'd add fun and excitement to the show if the audience never knew which persona he would adopt in any given episode.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
        Sad to say, but if for some reason SG-1 was renewed for S11, we would get still get more of the same. As much as I would like RDA back, he needs to move on and not look back. These guys have shown they have no interest in Jack being a major influence in the SG-1 world. RDA signs on for 5 shows and he is really only in one Sg-1 ep that has any meaning.
        lol

these boys have zero interest in ANYONE having any input into thier 'greatness'

do you know one thing AT said at AT2? she was asked if she'd direct again. and she said that coop said 'you're too busy to direct' and went on to say that he said that they couldn't write her out of an eps to let her direct it. and her response to that was 'like they wrote me out of the last one?'

add to that the arrogant and dismissive attitude towards anyone DARING to criticize their 'greatness' and the ever decreasing circle of 'creativity' at the bridge studios and cynical little me am picking up an attitude of 'we're fantastic, why can't you see it an we dont' want anyone else to have any input. they might spoil our fun'

i don't think they WANT any input from anyone else. They're the big fish in a tiny little puddle and they're enjoying being cut loose and allowed to run amuck and dont' even want to think about anyone else stepping up and saying 'umm, this doesn't make sense'...so tehy rig it so that no one CAN step up.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Hey, at least they're not teaching Vala about christmas customs and having a Christmas show...
          Spoiler:
          Didn't they tell you about the Holiday Episode? Oops! (covers mouth)
          sorry, didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag.
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

lol

these boys have zero interest in ANYONE having any input into thier 'greatness'

do you know one thing AT said at AT2? she was asked if she'd direct again. and she said that coop said 'you're too busy to direct' and went on to say that he said that they couldn't write her out of an eps to let her direct it. and her response to that was 'like they wrote me out of the last one?'

add to that the arrogant and dismissive attitude towards anyone DARING to criticize their 'greatness' and the ever decreasing circle of 'creativity' at the bridge studios and cynical little me am picking up an attitude of 'we're fantastic, why can't you see it an we dont' want anyone else to have any input. they might spoil our fun'

i don't think they WANT any input from anyone else. They're the big fish in a tiny little puddle and they're enjoying being cut loose and allowed to run amuck and dont' even want to think about anyone else stepping up and saying 'umm, this doesn't make sense'...so tehy rig it so that no one CAN step up.

Wait.... let me get this straight.
            Carter has no arcs. Carter is so well developed that TPTB have no idea what to do with her. Most eps Carter and Teal'c are given little to do but be wall papper. BUT AT is too busy to direct and cant possibly be written out of an episode? Can CJ still write an episode? Or is he too busy too? Hey I guess MS isnt that important since they are writing him out of at least 4 eps.... poor guy.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Wasn't AT nominated for an award for directing? Maybe Sam being indispensible as wallpaper isn't the only reason she isn't being allowed a second shot at it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by diversky View Post
                Also, I think that if S1/S2 Daniel saw how he'd be absorbed into the horror that is Vaniel, (THTIV) he'd have jumped into the nearest wormhole, never to return.
                "THTIV" - I love it And I agree with you. I can just imagine S1/2 Daniel somehow ending up in the future (around S9/10), getting an eyeful of Vaniel and going "good God, what have I become?"

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                  "THTIV" - I love it And I agree with you. I can just imagine S1/2 Daniel somehow ending up in the future (around S9/10), getting an eyeful of Vaniel and going "good God, what have I become?"
                  Remember in Absolute Power Daniel's dream, perhaps season 9 & 10 are just a weird flash back. They are not real at all - it's all happening in Daniel's poor demented brain which has suffered from oxygen depervation from dying too often. he will
                  Spoiler:
                  become an Ori and dominate the universe, never mind just a piddly galaxy.
                  sigpic
                  Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                  My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                    Wait.... let me get this straight.
                    Carter has no arcs. Carter is so well developed that TPTB have no idea what to do with her. Most eps Carter and Teal'c are given little to do but be wall papper. BUT AT is too busy to direct and cant possibly be written out of an episode? Can CJ still write an episode? Or is he too busy too? Hey I guess MS isnt that important since they are writing him out of at least 4 eps.... poor guy.
                    i didn't say that i understood the 'logic'

but yes, i wonder how the actor can be 'too busy' when coop has turned the character into nothing more than the exposition queen and empress of technobabble.

I could understand MS and CB being 'too busy' since tehy carry the lion's share of the arc, but i guess my poor feeble female brain can't wrap itself around the wallpapered characters being too busy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                      Wasn't AT nominated for an award for directing? Maybe Sam being indispensible as wallpaper isn't the only reason she isn't being allowed a second shot at it.
                      well, as we've seen from the reactions to criticism, they don't take crit well.

If i were an experienced director, i could possibly find it a bit ego-deflating to find a novice nominated for an aware for her only outing directing while I, with multiple eps to my name, do not receive such an honor

sigpic

Comment

Isn't it funny how Cooper manages to find the time to run the show, write episodes and direct. Of course, he's male, so is capable of doing all that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          Isn't it funny how Cooper manages to find the time to run the show, write episodes and direct. Of course, he's male, so is capable of doing all that.
                          well, he's not acting.

so i guess that's teh issue. Actors must not be able to write/direct

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            well, he's not acting.

so i guess that's teh issue. Actors must not be able to write/direct
                            Don't jinx it !!!!
                            There's still the DVD-movies !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Hey, at least they're not teaching Vala about christmas customs and having a Christmas show...
                              Wouldn't it be great, though, if they did an 'It's a Wonderful Life' Christmas special, where Cam gets to find out what the SGC would be like if he'd never been born...and it's great!
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

lol

that would actually be a funny homage...spoof 'it's a wonderful life' and have the result be that the sgc did just fine without cam

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X