No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uumm I think it is Robert Cooper who is the (SNIP) here. He is a bit of a (SNIP) isn't he?
    In so far as the writing quality is concerned, I agree that there have been some very significant holes and lapses in judgement which are infinitely controversial. But in so far as calling the writers cruel or derrogatory names is concerned, I'm of the mind that they don't deserve that kind of treatment no matter how angry a person gets about the storyline. Their work may rightfully be under scrutiny here and/or their voice as a "group" (ie-> tptb), but their specific personal integrities as individuals shouldn't be dissected insensitvely, imho.
    Last edited by minigeek; 11 December 2006, 10:31 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Somebody please inform AGateFan (Ignore list in my case) that there's something called "PRIVATE LIFE". Michael Shanks took the time off for two episodes when his wife gave birth to their second child late March and for the second time for another two episodes when his oldest daughter came to Vancouver to spend some time with her dad during summer holidays. This "poor guy" asked for the free time himself and wasn't written out deliberately.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        lol

these boys have zero interest in ANYONE having any input into thier 'greatness'

do you know one thing AT said at AT2? she was asked if she'd direct again. and she said that coop said 'you're too busy to direct' and went on to say that he said that they couldn't write her out of an eps to let her direct it. and her response to that was 'like they wrote me out of the last one?'
        add to that the arrogant and dismissive attitude towards anyone DARING to criticize their 'greatness' and the ever decreasing circle of 'creativity' at the bridge studios and cynical little me am picking up an attitude of 'we're fantastic, why can't you see it an we dont' want anyone else to have any input. they might spoil our fun'

i don't think they WANT any input from anyone else. They're the big fish in a tiny little puddle and they're enjoying being cut loose and allowed to run amuck and dont' even want to think about anyone else stepping up and saying 'umm, this doesn't make sense'...so tehy rig it so that no one CAN step up.
        Didn't AT direct and act in Resurrection? They are probably afraid she will put them to shame.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
          Somebody please inform AGateFan (Ignore list in my case) that there's something called "PRIVATE LIFE". Michael Shanks took the time off for two episodes when his wife gave birth to their second child late March and for the second time for another two episodes when his oldest daughter came to Vancouver to spend some time with her dad during summer holidays. This "poor guy" asked for the free time himself and wasn't written out deliberately.
          I guess its a good thing he didn't go on maturnity leave. He might of found his character assigned to Area 51 and his postion on the team filled with Pam Anderson.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
            Wouldn't it be great, though, if they did an 'It's a Wonderful Life' Christmas special, where Cam gets to find out what the SGC would be like if he'd never been born...and it's great!
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            lol

that would actually be a funny homage...spoof 'it's a wonderful life' and have the result be that the sgc did just fine without cam
            A friend of mine has actually started writing a fic like that - hopefully for posting at Christmas.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
              I guess its a good thing he didn't go on maturnity leave. He might of found his character assigned to Area 51 and his postion on the team filled with Pam Anderson.
              Ironically, he's going to be absent for four episodes - the same as AT at the beginning of Season Nine, though I doubt that we'll see Daniel return to the SGC only to find out that he's been replaced by somebody who is fluent in 1/23rd of the amount of languages as he is and who can barely spell "archaeology", "anthropology", "linguistics" or "mythology", never mind actually having any kind of experience in any of those areas.

Comment

Question: When did the anti thread become a messaging service for those with an extensive ignore list?????

Actually doing It's A Wonderful Life and using the first half of S10 would be good. Take Mitchell out and it wouldn't affect the storyline at all. Doesn't say much for the caricature now does it?
                -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Question: When did the anti thread become a messaging service for those with an extensive ignore list?????
                  I definitely didn't get the memo.

Actually doing It's A Wonderful Life and using the first half of S10 would be good. Take Mitchell out and it wouldn't affect the storyline at all. Doesn't say much for the caricature now does it?
                  Remove Mitchell from the equation altogether and SG-1 would be managing just as well, if not better, on their missions. He doesn't have a purpose and doesn't bring anything to the team that isn't there already - not exactly surprising given that the only reason he is on the team is because he decided that he deserved to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                    Why you are not on my ignore list so no one needs to tell me.

So it would appear TPTB can write MS out of the show for 4 episodes with no consequences unlike AT (and maybe CJ). That’s nice but totally misses my point. But then I wouldn’t expect you to get my point, since you shouldn’t be able to even see my point as:
                    1) I am on your ignore list
                    2) This is the Anti thread which you hate thus would (presumably) never be reading or posting in.

But hey I know what its like to be secretly interested but too scared to state your opinion. We have all been there holding our tongue and posting (most of us on topic) and thus needing a safe haven in which to post our views. So you are welcome to post all your anti views here. Just let loose no one will judge your misgivings of the show here (as long as we are talking about S10 thus not about your hate of previous seasons or RDA).
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      Remember in Absolute Power Daniel's dream, perhaps season 9 & 10 are just a weird flash back. They are not real at all - it's all happening in Daniel's poor demented brain which has suffered from oxygen depervation from dying too often. he will
                      Spoiler:
                      become an Ori and dominate the universe, never mind just a piddly galaxy.
                      Now, that theory makes a LOT of sense. I like!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                        Why you are not on my ignore list so no one needs to tell me.

So it would appear TPTB can write MS out of the show for 4 episodes with no consequences unlike AT (and maybe CJ). That’s nice but totally misses my point. But then I wouldn’t expect you to get my point, since you shouldn’t be able to even see my point as:
                        1) I am on your ignore list
                        2) This is the Anti thread which you hate thus would (presumably) never be reading or posting in.

But hey I know what its like to be secretly interested but too scared to state your opinion. We have all been there holding our tongue and posting (most of us on topic) and thus needing a safe haven in which to post our views. So you are welcome to post all your anti views here. Just let loose no one will judge your misgivings of the show here (as long as we are talking about S10 thus not about your hate of previous seasons or RDA).
                        Unfortunately, it is not a safe haven to post anti-views. If you do, you are liable to be reproached for them. Tsk, tsk. Someone doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the title of the thread...particularly the ONLY part.
                        sigpic

Comment

That is just wrong. I would give you green to make up for it, but I need to spread some around first.

You know it would make sense if you were rude and went into a pro thread and say something anti but you should not be dinged for posting on topic in any thread. Just MHO of course and sadly I am not Earth Czar (luckily neither is anyone else, even if they do think the universe needs to bow to their every whim).
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

And I thought this was a thread with the word Anti in it, which I thought was to be totally ignored
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Then I should be double double ignored as I am on "the ignore" list posting in a thread that should be ignored... so why did I get a message? I guess love conquers all.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                                Then I should be double double ignored as I am on "the ignore" list posting in a thread that should be ignored... so why did I get a message? I guess love conquers all.
                                I guess you just can't help being so Irresistible
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X