No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think that TPTB would have learned their lesson on what drove viewers away. And now that they are setting the grounds for the movie, you would think they would take that into account...You would think that they were able to think

Obviously not, if we are going to be getting the same crap from S9 and 10 It's time to wake up, if you want the movies to do well, IMPROVE on what you did WRONG in the first place!

Oy there is no hope for the future of SG1
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      You would think that TPTB would have learned their lesson on what drove viewers away. And now that they are setting the grounds for the movie, you would think they would take that into account...You would think that they were able to think

Obviously not, if we are going to be getting the same crap from S9 and 10 It's time to wake up, if you want the movies to do well, IMPROVE on what you did WRONG in the first place!

I am reading so many spoilers and things lately that annoy me

I agree but you know TPTB will never admit they've done anything wrong, it's our fault for not liking everything they do

I don't like the sound of the finale, I wish they'd just stay away from the AU/time travel thing. I mean who cares what the team (if you can still call them that) will apparently be like in the distant future. That's it after 10 years? And then one of the movies is about time travel as well, don't they have any better ideas?

I think I'll go with the theory that was on this thread, I think, some time ago, that the original SG1 are stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebuis and S9 & 10 are some messed up AU pseudo SG team (or something like that).

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
        I think I'll go with the theory that was on this thread, I think, some time ago, that the original SG1 are stuck in an alternate timeline after Moebuis and S9 & 10 are some messed up AU pseudo SG team (or something like that).
        Ah yes, now that would work for me. What we see today is an alternate SG1. Someone should go back in time and bring the real SG1 back to the present timeline. Perhaps that could be the plot for the second movie?

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
          Ah yes, now that would work for me. What we see today is an alternate SG1. Someone should go back in time and bring the real SG1 back to the present timeline. Perhaps that could be the plot for the second movie?
          Someone (or two) who attended Avalon said RDA was not approached about the movie yet. TPTB will have two movies to put in the discount bins along with the Season 9 & 10 boxed sets.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
            Someone (or two) who attended Avalon said RDA was not approached about the movie yet. TPTB will have two movies to put in the discount bins along with the Season 9 & 10 boxed sets.
            they won't be able to discount it enough for me
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

they won't be able to discount it enough for me
              <snerk> I know what you mean, I turned down a free S9 boxed set
              -

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                I agree w/Nolamom that it does sound like another chance to screw things up and not leave anyone happy. I don't think I would have minded the Vaniel thing as much if, like you said, it hadn't been forcefed to us during these past two seasons -- AND if it was something that may not happen in our reality (and if we saw "our" Daniel's reaction to it as something like "Okay, THAT'S screwed up..." Though I doubt it would happen at this point).

It does sound eerily familiar to the Charmed finale. I think I'm at the point now where I'm going to rely on a more dedicated watcher to let me know how the ep went (she isn't very happy with S10 either - but she still watches for the sake of watching. She must have a stronger stomach than I).

I am looking forward to "The Road Not Taken" as well. It will be great to see Sam as something besides wallpaper for once, although I agree it's a whole other matter if it's actually done well.

I agree. They have gone from Science Fiction to Science Fantasy in two years. I've always thought when you mixed Arthur, Merlin, Knights, ..., etc
                it was/is a reciepe for cancellation.

As I've said before, on Charmed those PTB ended the Evil baby storyline just in time. These (Sg-1) used it exactly like JW did with Angel, and that
                show lasted past one and a half seasons after that . Also the name of the Charmed episode "Forever Charmed".

I'm hoping that "The Road Not Taken" is done well too. Time will tell.

Comment

To me, if no RDA in DVD movies= no spending money on DVD's.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                    To me, if no RDA in DVD movies= no spending money on DVD's.
                    and you would have thought that with no Skiffy stepping on toes, the PTB would be able to smarten up
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

and you would have thought that with no Skiffy stepping on toes, the PTB would be able to smarten up

Netu would freeze over before that happens.

Comment

Actually if you're really cynical (who me????) it's not hard to come up with an explaination. TPTB are really enamoured with their "really cool creation" Mitchell so it is understandable that they don't want anyone near him that would show him up as the two dimensional and pointless caricature that he is.

I sincerely believe that they want to continue on with a 3rd series with Hero, the Plot Device Boy and don't want Jack or Sam anywhere near him. Ugghh, I'm in extreme cynicism mode at the moment. Unfortunately I have yet to see evidence that they have learned anything over the last few years and see them killing the franchise very quickly unless they change their approach. I suppose what really irks me is that it is so unnecessary, they have a very talented bunch of people and all that seems missing is someone truely capable of steering them in the right direction.
                        -

Comment

This is the way that Stargate ends
                          Not with a bang but a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            I suppose what really irks me is that it is so unnecessary, they have a very talented bunch of people and all that seems missing is someone truely capable of steering them in the right direction.
                            Too true! How far they have fallen from the storytelling of seasons past. When even guest stars had more substance to them in one episode than Hero-Boy has had in a season and a half!
                            sigpic

Comment

Good point Mandy.I said something similar to you in another thread.Someone at MGM needs to open there eyes before it's too late.There is very little chance the Movies will be a success if it is going to be more of the same from Season 9 and 10.I think many Fans are going to wait before running out to buy the DVD's.I know I am.

Comment

I read that, too---couldn't believe what I was reading. Yet it's so typical of tptb (they don't deserve capitals) that I don't know why I was so surprised. They've bent over backwards trying to distance themselves from original Stargate in order to "recreate" it, so much so that viewers have left the show in droves. Most viewers, whether they like the new SG-1 or not, have a healthy respect for Jack O'Neill and acknowledge that he's a huge piece of the Stargate puzzle.

As far as RDA's not having been approached about the movies, it reminds me a little too much of Amanda having to go to tptb because she hadn't been contacted by them regarding a Season 10 contract. I really find that kind of disrepect hard to understand especially when RDA and AT have given so much of themselves in helping to make Stargate SG-1 the hit it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X