• Show
Clear All

maybe it's the over use of spandex?????
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      Ooooh did you say men in spandex? Now that gets my vote...
      Spoiler:
      NOT
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Must be it. And some like leather. And the girls dress with more skin showing than not. Oh! It's really the third Stargate series!

Suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

yeah, wrestling sooooooo doesn't appeal to me. I'll turn the tv off first.

other than the cheesiness of it all. where the HELL is science fiction in wrestling?????
          Gold and silver lamé / mylar, revealing costumes that are not of this culture, and fighting styles / moves that are unusual, look cool, and won't work in the real world. Honestly - I think that's the whole definition. People wear costumes in gold or silver lamé and/or mylar, that are revealing and clearly not of this culture, and they fight with each other in ways that are rarely seen in modern, occidental culture. Therefore, it's science fiction.
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

imagines teal'c in spandex........

falls off my chair laughing

imagines hammond in spandex........

grabs the bucket

next thing you know, sg-1 will run into a some cool folks with green rings

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              You know they made a big deal in S9 about getting the band back. Unfortunatly the new lead singer stunk.

Even though Jack was the man, SG-1 was a team. With Cam in charge, its Cam and the other guys.
              I found the getting the band back together story idiotic, mostly because it was painfully obvious that the "band" had obviously been separated for the express purpose of having Mitchell bring them back together.

Obviously, Sam's absence was necessary but it could have been handled a lot better. The "she went to Area 51 last week" was nothing more than a cheap stunt to put Mitchell in the lead. Daniel and Teal'c didn't need to have left the team at all.

If the only way the character of Mitchell could be fit into the team was to break up the team, then the character should have been rewritten or scrapped altogether.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I saw that video of RDA and BB discussing S9 and showing a clip of them in a F302 (?) It's disgusting when you see your one of your favourite characters being forced to say lines that you know he just wouldn't, not to mention RDA saying what a great job BB was doing. Oy the business of force feeding actors to say what you want them to
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  It's disgusting when you see your one of your favourite characters being forced to say lines that you know he just wouldn't
                  As far as I remember, Hammond never referred to SG-1 as the band before he was made to congratulate Mitchell on bringing them back together (I notice that Mitchell took credit, even though it must have been painfully obvious to him that Vala and the Ori were responsible)

The Daniel I remember prior to Season Ten would have objected to Sam losing command, as would Teal'c. Even if Sam never said anything, she would have been less than pleased at being demoted.

Poor Jack isn't the only one who has been forced to say and do things that he wouldn't have ordinarily to help back up the brand new shiny hewo.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    Having just taken a look at the new S10 cast photos, I think it's easy to tell where things are heading. Sam Carter relegated to the back row, Vala in front.

<sigh>

And did anyone else notice that, unusually, the majority of the photos seem to depict more actors than characters?

Albion
                    I agree that these photos are absolutely horrendous and it is painful to look at them. I did go back and look with regard to your comment about vala being the front and Carter the back in the photo of the five (yuck) of them. I see that differently - I see AT/Carter and CJ/Teal'c as the focal point of the photo. They are the center point and the highest point. When I look at the picture I am drawn to them not down below to CB/vala (hhhmmm seems appropriate actually that vala is at the bottom as the character does troll the bottom of the sci-fi bad cliche barrel for me) or sideways to MS/Daniel or bb/mitchell (and this is a horrible, horrible photo of BB - it actually makes me squint, and my eyes water to look at his eyes - they look glass - almost as if he is blind).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      I saw that video of RDA and BB discussing S9 and showing a clip of them in a F302 (?) It's disgusting when you see your one of your favourite characters being forced to say lines that you know he just wouldn't, not to mention RDA saying what a great job BB was doing. Oy the business of force feeding actors to say what you want them to
                      While I'd imagine RDA has no issues with BB (why would he? why would anyone, right?), and I don't really see the guy saying anything disingenous, it is interesting to see everyone kinda fall into Hype Mode.

Comment

you guys do have to rembmer, to rda, ben is a friend. he's a fellow actor. he's a person.

he's not cameron, he's ben browder...teh guy that went skiing with rda and at and joe flanigan a few months ago

of COURSE rda will say nice things about him. I'm sure the two get along and i'm equally sure that rda knows, if he said 'well cameron sucks adn ben is...eh...' that he'll be creamed for sour grapes adn being childish

sigpic

Comment

you guys do have to rembmer, to rda, ben is a friend. he's a fellow actor. he's a person.

he's not cameron, he's ben browder...teh guy that went skiing with rda and at and joe flanigan a few months ago

of COURSE rda will say nice things about him. I'm sure the two get along and i'm equally sure that rda knows, if he said 'well cameron sucks adn ben is...eh...' that he'll be creamed for sour grapes adn being childish
                          Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't see RDA having any issues with Ben Browder (or even the character, for that matter...), but everyone's got the "Everything is Awesome!" mentality. So, beyond the friendships/acquaintances on set, I tend to take everything with a grain of salt.

Comment

and i fully understand how annoying the 'he's so great' is. it irks me and i have a feeling that it'll just get more and more 'in your face' as the season nears.

however i also know that hell will freeze before anyone at skiffy says anything remotely negative about the cast, crew or show.

sigpic

Comment

and i fully understand how annoying the 'he's so great' is. it irks me and i have a feeling that it'll just get more and more 'in your face' as the season nears.

however i also know that hell will freeze before anyone at skiffy says anything remotely negative about the cast, crew or show.
                              Unless they want to place blame for why-oh-why S10 tanked of course... That's when names will subtly fly all over the place.

I really do wonder who their patsy is gonna be when it's all said and done. We should probably start a pool. I mean, we probably have about four "viable" options from which we can choose, right?

Comment

oh, they won't blame themselves, they'll blame us. they'll blame network competition, they'll blame the economy, they'll blame teh budget....they won't blame any of them.

face it, this show is on thier resumes. i can guarantee you that no one on the writers/producers/directors will take the blame.

B@B will say that skiffy cancelled it. skiffy will blame ratings, money, us, etc. and everyone will come away smelling like a rose

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X