S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    There should be a universal footnote that can be used for all of us... Hmmm...

Did anyone see the pimpage ad for RDA in S10 on Sci Fi? I never saw it, but I read about it, and I was wondering what anyone thought of it.

I <3 RDA.

I expect some contrived bit about how much he's gonna be in S10. But of course they'll conveniently forget that Atlantis is getting the brunt of his work.

Though I've never done this before, I'm seriously considering writing a letter to them, per a certain gray-haired fellow's suggestion... Anyone interested in doing the same? He seems to think it'll work (which says to me that we're talking about a S11 here - but we won't even touch that ). The cynic in me says otherwise, but at least I can say I was pathetically proactive... or something...
    I don't think they want him in SG-1 because it takes away from their new leading man. They want the focus to be on Cam and Vala.

Speaking of S11, does anyone think that Teal'c, Daniel and Sam will be apart of SG-1?
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I don't think they want him in SG-1 because it takes away from their new leading man. They want the focus to be on Cam and Vala.

Speaking of S11, does anyone think that Teal'c, Daniel and Sam will be apart of SG-1?
      nope I don't-I think that Chris will be on the Free Jaffa Spinoff and Michael will be on Atlantis facing off against McKay and Amanda will be at Area 51 in X-files redux.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

I'm still wondering if Sam and Teal'c are a part of S-10!

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

I totally agree, Sg Gato. I worry that there will be too much focus on Vala, or on Vala and Daniel's relationship and that Teal'c and Sam will become wallpaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
            I totally agree, Sg Gato. I worry that there will be too much focus on Vala, or on Vala and Daniel's relationship and that Teal'c and Sam will become wallpaper.
            For Sam if the ep doesn't involve one of her old bf and for Teal'c it it doesn't involve a Jaffa story line, then thats what they will be wall paper.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

those guys haven't learned the old saw from here in Texas.

"If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                Sam, Teal'c and Daniel will be used only if they can be worked into Vala and/or Mitchell's adventures as supporting players.

I doubt that they will have any stories or development in their own rights.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Sorry to switch topics but, I just looked at the ten new cast photos for season ten. I was so annoyed. Vala has two that are totally by herself. None of the other characters even have one. They have some group shots that are done by gender I guess. I did some totals on how many of the ten pictures each is in.

Daniel: 4
                  Sam: 4
                  Teal'c: 4
                  Landry: 2
                  Mitchell: 7
                  Vala: 5

Does this look fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    Sorry to switch topics but, I just looked at the ten new cast photos for season ten. I was so annoyed. Vala has two that are totally by herself. None of the other characters even have one. They have some group shots that are done by gender I guess. I did some totals on how many of the ten pictures each is in.

Does this look fair?
                    No, but it is far from surprising.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Does this look fair?
                      no:gasp:. fairly accutrate representation of the show though. are they done releasing photos?
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        no:gasp:. fairly accutrate representation of the show though. are they done releasing photos?
                        I don't know. I just looked at Scifi, and they don't even have any of the season 10 photos up yet.

Comment

Does this look fair?

Where are the promotional photos? Thanks.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Does this look fair?
                            I think what you said proves our point.

Rogue

Comment

Does this look fair?
                              It makes sense that Mitchell would be in the most photos as he is the leading man. They would`ve done the same with O`Neill.
                              Landry is a lesser character so he is in the least photos.
                              Vala is the other new character so she would also be in the majority of the photos for the purposes of advertising her presence.
                              Everyone knows who Sam, Daniel & Teal`c are so it makes sense that they would be in less photos than Mitchell and Vala cos they don`t need so much advertising - everyone knows they`re there.

They`re simply putting more advertising dollars on the new characters of the show as any show would do. They need to let the viewers know they are there and maybe peak the interest of people who have left SG-1 or have only skimmed it and might be brought in more deeply just to see who the new characters are.

Gees, that was a much shorter post in my head!
                              Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                              Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

anyone have links to the promo shots from past seasons?
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X