S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    But maybe if the Season Nine DVD sales are abysmal TPTB will learn from their Season Nine mistakes and not do to Atlantis what they did to SG-1.
    The problem with that is I don't gove a rip what they do to Atlantis. While I don't hate it I just don't care about it. I'll watch if I'm not raging about SG-1. Otherwise...click. THe only current character I like is Zelenka. And Beckett a bit. Other tahn that I got nothing.

They (Sony) make me laugh. S9 comes with S10 sneak peaks at Best Buy. If they want to get the fans who left (or who are thinking about it) because of the writing in S9 they needed to add bloopers from earlier seasons or something. Though I guess that would be admitting S9 wasn't The! Best! Season! Eva! A sneak peak of S10 is not enough to make me buy, that's certain. <yawn>

Suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
      They (Sony) make me laugh. S9 comes with S10 sneak peaks at Best Buy. If they want to get the fans who left (or who are thinking about it) because of the writing in S9 they needed to add bloopers from earlier seasons or something. Though I guess that would be admitting S9 wasn't The! Best! Season! Eva! A sneak peak of S10 is not enough to make me buy, that's certain. <yawn>

Suse
      Mmhmm. And to make matters worse, judging by The Portal, several portions of the "sneak peek" contain footage regarding S9 (and Ben Browder/Cam, natch). So MGM's idea of a "sneak peak" differs vastly from the general definition, I think. It's certainly not worth even the $9.99, if that's what it is, though I'm probably gonna cave in the hopes of proving myself wrong.

Someone, anyone, who's purchased this disc, please tell me it's worth it.

Comment

OK... Just finished the second download, for those interested... Yeah. It was a SEVEN-MINUTE DOWNLOAD. Out of twenty. Add those seven minutes to the two minutes on Prototype, and you've got yourself nine minutes about Cameron.

NINE. MINUTES.

Now, for the math freaks amongst us, that leaves approximately 11 minutes for the alleged sneak peak into S10. I haven't seen any Vala sites advertising a special two-fer on her, but I'd be mighty surprised if she didn't have her own part of the disc.

This, I promise, is not meant to be a bash on anyone. It's just further proof of the network/production company's not-so-soft sell of the new characters/actors.

I mean, it'd be different if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hades that even FIVE minutes would be devoted to the three original characters AS A WHOLE. Not separately. I'm not greedy. I'd take three minutes that even remotely showcased the oldies.

Alas, snow don't fall in Hell, so that's a negative.

We'll see.

Grr.
        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 15 June 2006, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          OK... Just finished the second download, for those interested... Yeah. It was a SEVEN-MINUTE DOWNLOAD. Out of twenty. Add those seven minutes to the 2 minutes on Prototype, and you've got yourself night nine minutes about Cameron.

NINE. MINUTES.

Now, for the math freaks amongst us, that leaves approximately 11 minutes for the alleged sneak peak into S10. I haven't seen any Vala sites advertising a special two-fer on her, but I'd be mighty surprised if she didn't have her own part of the disc.

This, I promise, is not meant to be a bash on anyone. It's just further proof of the network/production company's not-so-soft sell of the new characters/actors.

I mean, it'd be different if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hades that even FIVE minutes would be devoted to the three original characters AS A WHOLE. Not separately. I'm not greedy. I'd take three minutes that even remotely showcased the oldies.

Alas, snow don't fall in Hell, so that's a negative.

We'll see.

Grr.
          For the love of truth in advertising...

Considering that TPTB-Continuum likes to act as if there are no other characters than Cammie-poo and Vala-kins in Stargate, it's a no-brainer (in what appears to be their own language) that they'd invest their attention where their infatuation lies. Too bad for them that all their advertising inspires me to do is not part with my money, while entertaining myself at their expense with all the free opportunities for major mockage they provide.

: officially disgusted :
          ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

The sale of the DVDs is more important than one would think and I think they already know S9 is going to tank in sales--thus the stunt of S10 sneak peeks.

Should be interesting.......................

Comment

i think that does have something to do with it. s9's ratings were lower and i think they fear that dvd sales will be lower too. thus the more catering to the scapers with the ben/cam focus

eh, keep it up. if they're the only fans that matter to skiffy, go for it.

and just like s7 and the 'thank god the universe has corrected itself and daniel is back' flop, s10 wil be the same.

for a network that spends so much time and money messing with the fans, they sure as hades don't pay much attention to them. which will only hurt them where it hurts the most...thier ever so precious bottom line
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I got it! Mitchell is a Tok'ra. The not so forthcoming alliance between earth and the Tok'ra has compelled them to infiltrate Stargate Command with a forced blending (breaking their own rules out of desperation)--only something went really wrong--the host Mitchell proved to be so immature, silly and manic that the Tok'ra is trapped--surpressed by the ever oblivious Mitchell!

Ok--I know--but if I cant play I will cry

Comment

Having just taken a look at the new S10 cast photos, I think it's easy to tell where things are heading. Sam Carter relegated to the back row, Vala in front.

<sigh>

And did anyone else notice that, unusually, the majority of the photos seem to depict more actors than characters?

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                    For the love of truth in advertising...

Considering that TPTB-Continuum likes to act as if there are no other characters than Cammie-poo and Vala-kins in Stargate, it's a no-brainer (in what appears to be their own language) that they'd invest their attention where their infatuation lies. Too bad for them that all their advertising inspires me to do is not part with my money, while entertaining myself at their expense with all the free opportunities for major mockage they provide.

: officially disgusted :
                    You know they made a big deal in S9 about getting the band back. Unfortunatly the new lead singer stunk.

Even though Jack was the man, SG-1 was a team. With Cam in charge, its Cam and the other guys.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      You know they made a big deal in S9 about getting the band back. Unfortunatly the new lead singer stunk.

Even though Jack was the man, SG-1 was a team. With Cam in charge, its Cam and the other guys.
                      hey i am still trying to figure out what wrestling has to do with Scifi. All this thinking about their motives behind the show is just too much for my poor little brain.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        hey i am still trying to figure out what wrestling has to do with Scifi. All this thinking about their motives behind the show is just too much for my poor little brain.

Yup. I'm one of those weirdos that thinks wresting isn't the lowerst common denominator - it's a zero or in the negatives. I despise it. Even more than seaosn 9. So it would make sense that Skiffy airs it.

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

yeah, wrestling sooooooo doesn't appeal to me. I'll turn the tv off first.

other than the cheesiness of it all. where the HELL is science fiction in wrestling?????
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

other than the cheesiness of it all. where the HELL is science fiction in wrestling?????
                            Yeah. At least with the other crap SciFi shows if you get drunk, squint your eyes and do a headstand you could call it science fiction(ish).

Wrestling - not so much.

Though they both require a suspension of disbelief. So I guess it qualifies. :roll eyes:

Suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

yeah you see-that was my thought exactly. even my son-although he watched it-also was wondering what wrestling had to do with scifi (which he does not watch nor have an interest in)
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                                Yeah. At least with the other crap SciFi shows if you get drunk, squint your eyes and do a headstand you could call it science fiction(ish).

Wrestling - not so much.

Though they both require a suspension of disbelief. So I guess it qualifies. :roll eyes:

Suse
                                well maybe the only scifi part in the wrestling is in the fi part-you know-the fiction. it is, after all, a soap opera for men.

Comment

Working...
                                X