S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Sure, Teal'c's done "the tortured one" many times, but why did the plot have to be completely usurped by Mitchell?
    Because he's The Star, of course. Season Nine was 'The Cam Mitchell Show', just as Season Ten looks set to be 'The Vala Show'.

To paraphrase Jacob, putting a 'Stargate: SG-1' label on it does not make it so.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

yep. it is slowly becoming Stargate 'Ex-Farscape actors'

like many have said, it's not that new folks have joined it's HOW those new folks are being crammed into the show...using a sledge hammer and pry bar and they are forcing the others, you know those simple folks that kept the frelling show on the air for EIGHT years, into the background and off the show.

but that's ok. Cam and vala are FUN!!!
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They posted my letter over at sci-fi.
        "Browder is still channeling Crichton"

If anyone is interested
        http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html

I know some may dis-agree but I am surprised they actually read it never less posted it!

Comment

what address did you use?

i sent letters to skiffy and they came back

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

There's a place to e-mail comments to SciFi Wire on the Wire.

I thought they legally had to have a place to have letters sent. And were required to keep them (both good and bad) on file for a certain length of time.

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i thought so too. but the last two i sent were returned.

sigpic

Comment

i thought so too. but the last two i sent were returned.
                I just e-mailed skiffy at [email protected] to get an accurate snail mail address. What one did you use so I can compare?

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                  I just e-mailed skiffy at [email protected] to get an accurate snail mail address. What one did you use so I can compare?

Suse
                  1230 avenue of the americas
                  NY NY 10020

sigpic

Comment

All TPTB keep saying that S10 is gravy.... maybe that’s the problem.

Let’s say that every week for 8 years I have gone to my favorite restaurant and ordered my favorite meal. Every week it was good; sometimes better then others, but always decent with about the same amount of Steak, Bake Potatoes, Corn, Green beans and peach cobbler on the same good clean plane white plates.

One day I go in to order my meal and the waitress says "sorry, we can't get anymore bake potatoes our supplier called it a career. We are replacing the bake potato with some scallops ". I figure that’s fine, I like scallops well enough. So I say "go ahead and give me the usual except now with the scallops".

I wait and wait and then they bring the plate out and its like 75% scallops with ham and a bunch of lima beans and pinto beans, sure the steak is still there (tiny as it is) and the corn (a few kernels)...the green bean has been completely relegated to the pattern on the fancy\artsy plates. The peach cobbler is the only thing that’s about the same portion but the recipe has been changed to make it more watered down. But the killer, what really destroys the meal is that it is all smothered (especially the peach cobbler) in this big azz nasty cheesy sauce.

They tell me it’s fancy. They tell me it’s NEW and All the rage. They tell me everybody with taste loves it..... To me it’s something repulsive that happens to be named the same as my favorite meal.

Stargate SG-1 is the biggest bate and switch since new coke (Pepsi).

Stargate SG-1 started out the season as SG-me and it never changed... just who the "me" was changed... It went from Vala to Mitchell and now its going back to Vala with her side kick Mitchell. No thanks I cant even pretend to like this crp anymore and must warn all others away. Friends dont let friends catch botulism.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The e-mail to express grips or praise regarding Sci-fi and its programming is
                      [email protected]

I have e-mailed to the feedback addy as well but you wont get any response.
                      It does seem they at least read them and that is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                        There's a place to e-mail comments to SciFi Wire on the Wire.

I thought they legally had to have a place to have letters sent. And were required to keep them (both good and bad) on file for a certain length of time.
                        No. What you are referring to are the FCC rules pertaining to broadcast licensees. Because broadcast licenses are given with the implication that the station has to serve the community, they are required to keep files and show them the next time their license is up for renewal. It's also at the STATION level, not the network level.

None of this applies to cable. None of those rules apply because cable doesn't use any of the electromagnetic spectrum or have to get a license to operate or anything.

Comment

Company of Thieves spoilers...
                          Spoiler:

Eeesh, not really digging the idea of yet another guy having the hots for Sam. Come on writers, either ship her with Jack and finish that plotline or give her a ship hiatus. Seriously.

Return of the hallucinogenic corn! And I thought that awful storyline would have gone the way of the dodo! Fooled me, PTB! Speaking of OTG, you would think that Mitchell would have learned his lesson about impersonating a baddie.

And does anyone else think that the "undercover clothes" the team is wearing = more HAWT leather outfits?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            Company of Thieves spoilers...
                            Spoiler:

Eeesh, not really digging the idea of yet another guy having the hots for Sam. Come on writers, either ship her with Jack and finish that plotline or give her a ship hiatus. Seriously.

Return of the hallucinogenic corn! And I thought that awful storyline would have gone the way of the dodo! Fooled me, PTB! Speaking of OTG, you would think that Mitchell would have learned his lesson about impersonating a baddie.

And does anyone else think that the "undercover clothes" the team is wearing = more HAWT leather outfits?
                            as to the clothes...do you have any doubt????

these kids can't restrain themselves when it comes to the T&A factor

it'll be leather, lots of it, less per person and all tight

sigpic

Comment

as to the clothes...do you have any doubt????

these kids can't restrain themselves when it comes to the T&A factor

it'll be leather, lots of it, less per person and all tight
                              clothes? clothes? you mean they may actually let the women wear clothes?
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

ok guys, i'm posting here as a MOD this time.

from now on, TIIC, referring to 'the idiots in charge' is not appropriate to use here. I'm not gonna go back and edit posts. i simply do not have the time, however i am officially asking everyone to stop using it. and if you see a post from now on that uses this acronym to report it.

this comes directly from darren and is not negotiable

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X