X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs Caldwell View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    Love this one.
    Man it hurts so much to take img tags off. *mops up tears and gutter splash*
    Hey APA splashed in the gutter and made a mess. A compete turnaround, I am working the mops.
    yup...I warned Susannah....resistance is futile....

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    OK, let's see if I remembered everything...

Virtual GREEN (since I have none for real) for luvnjack and Bekki for the picspams and CQ for the awesome captioning and Bekki again for the poetry and more awesome sigs and Terrah and Krissie and SamJackShipLoverfor posting the AT3 stuff (fangurl squeeeee, especially to SJSL's post about AT and the ship)

Whew.

CONGRATS ON 1600 POSTS BEKKI!!!
    and
    CONGRATS ON 6400 JANN!!!

OK and now the multiquote...

Thanks It seemed oddly appropriate

Sounds awesome to me! Looking forward to it

((((mad gater)))) I sympathise, the same thing happened to my old dog last year, it's so sad

Thanks! Wow, I passed 300 already I'm talking way too much here...

Don't they just? And I have a whole other theory (which probably someone else has already come up with before but hey) about how their experiences over the course of the series mirror each other's too. I could post at length but won't if it's already been discussed over and over and therefore would just be stating the obvious But then again I will if people want me to Or if I get bored or the thread gets slow

Good idea! Does one person want to take responsibility for this or should any of us if we notice it's been a while?
    Dog OT:

Spoiler:
    The vet diagnosed her with old dog vestibular disease...a fairly common ailment in old dogs usually brought on by a middle ear infection....ans he said most dogs usually make a full recovery though they may still suffer from an occaisional head tilt for the rest of their lives.....I'm willing to put up with that if it means we don't have to put her down just yet....basically this disease is making her confused about her position in space....meaning she quite literally can't tell up from down or left from right right now....and she looks worse off than she actually is...vet says she should improve within 72 hours and suggested dramamine to help with the motion sickness she has as a result of this hopefully temporary loss of balance due to this disease. And she'll probably have to go on antibiotics to treat this possible middle ear infection. But I'm hopeful my dog will make a full recovery from this and have a few more years with us....

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
    Ok, so you got me on numbers 6 and 8 But I have them now..........
    And if you have more at home.........go home now!
    (And if the Mods knew how much it really hurts to take off all those img tags, they wouldn't do it to me And then, I have to preview the post to make sure I got them all *sob*)
    (((((((((((((((((((((jumble))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

YAY ON 1000 JUMBLE!!

HUZZAH!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        ATTENTION!

If you wish to participate in Operation Penguin Blitzsqee (AKA, MOP), please click on my sig to visit the site. What is MOP, you ask? Read on...

We penguins are usually happy go-lucky little creatures. However, our favorite couple, Sam Carter & Jack O'Neill have yet to have an on-screen confirmation of their relationship. Thus, we began Operation Penguin Blitzsquee, an effort to remind The Powers That Be that True Love does, indeed, conquer all! We will be blitzing TPTB's mailboxes with all things lovely and shippy in August. Post cards are slated for the first week in Aug. and I need help deciding what gets sent after that. We'll also be sending your shippy memories (as posted on the forum).

Check it out here.

I definitly want to join! I have a vid, and I would love to send a ton of postcards.
        sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
        I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
        Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          You guys are all love!

Last night at work someone jokingly asked me if my army of penguins are all named Without hesitation I pointed to each of the 12 penguins on my t-shirt in turn saying:

ROFLMAO!!!! That's great!!!

I just went to the fair last week and won a stuffed penguin! I can't decide on a name though. I only have one, so I don't want to pick Sam or Jack until I have two penguins, so I don't know what to name it. But it's very cute.

My friends find me obsessed. And my family. I try to explain the things that make total sense to us (ie. penguins, side arms, zats, fishing, shipping, etc.) but they just give me the "crazy" look, so I don't try to explain as often as I used to. At least I have you guys!!!

(((FAMILY)))

EDIT: I have Halmark Channel on. Bekki's avatar was just on!!! He was stalking someone! And she was blond!!!! I wonder if he was type cast as a stalker of blonds, lol?!
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Nothing major, but JM answered a question on his blog tonight about the chronological placement of Continuum vis a vis S5 SGA...

Spoiler:
            PG15 writes: “Does Stargate Continuum now happen after Carter leaves Atlantis in Search and Rescue?”

Answer: Yes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Palmergirl/400.jpg

Congratulations, Bekki, on 1,600 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Good morning Ship Family! I have started the countdown to summer vacation-woohoo!
                Boy...do I hear you! I've already started counting.
                Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                Jenn always made lots of slides for the episode...others discussed throughout the week(when ever it was quiet you could start over that episode) and lots of people made artwork for it...that is where my first wallpapers are based on...the weeks discussions...

*sigh* good ol' days...
                Way back when...back in the day...last year...
                Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                Does anyone know what Brad Wright was looking for in here? There must have been some reason he was specifically spotted in here.
                He was drawn to the power of the ship.
                Originally posted by nickatell View Post
                I know I haven't been around lately, but I wanted to thank you for my kind birthday wishes. Trupi, you are a sweetie. I still check back with you guys from time to time and I am thrilled the crusade marches on. Even though I am not here as much as I would like, Jack and Sam are never far from my thoughts and I too want confirmation. Keep up the good work fellow shippers, I am proud to say I am still a member.
                *hugs*
                Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
                RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON IS ON THE PHONE!!!
                Love the phone call.

Congrats on milestones and I starting liking the ship...soon after I started watching. No AHA! moment or anything...it was just there.

Comment

I'm really enjoying reading all the stuff from AT3. I've been reading here and over in Samanda all evening. I sure would like to attend one of the AT events. She was great at Shore Leave two years ago...but I know these special Amanda-only events are very intimate.

However...I'm very pleased to get to see RDA at Gatecon this year!!!! Yummy!

And BTW:

Congratulations, starlover1990, on 6,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, Jumble65, on 1,000 posts!!!
                  Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 06 May 2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    Hmmm. Which begs the question...maybe we should, at least once a day, have a post announcing MOP and giving the link to the site? Like Eve does when she's coordinating something like the Secret Santa or the Icons she made for Valenship...you know ATTENTION.....

That way, if we get any visitors to the thread...be they lurkers or TPTB they'll be able to find the website.

Just an idea.

This is a very good idea...because I'm not a visitor! I'm a family member, and I've been trying to figure out what's going on with MOP!!!

RL sucks when it takes time from your shipping...so I know I'd appreciate some info so I can get involved.

BTW...the Family is doing some incredible (and prolific!) art work lately. Must be Eve's new art thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      What was Brad W doing on the Shipthread?
                      Secretly reading our ideas for Shippy Scenes, Searching for the link to the Story of The Penguins, eating cookies, being amazed at how many jokes can be made about side arms, enjoying the artwork and poetry and deciding that The Ship should go On Screen in order to stop us from going crazy. Over at Bridge.

Eh...
                      And
                      Hope x 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Smilie by Zuz

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        (((josiane)))

obsessive behaviour...

I've mentioned this before, but if you think about it, it's crazy that we're here to talk about a relationship of two tv characters.
                        And that we're having so much fun doing that

Even in RL I think about this thread or the show.
                        I named pets after S/J.
                        My mother noticed my love for penguins.
                        There are two characters she knows by name: Sam and Jack.
                        I have pictures of AT and RDA hanging on my closet and wall.

I think it's pretty strange, but knowing that there are a few of you doing the same, totally justifies it

Oh, I was all over them.

...It. Over it. The Ship.
                        Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Uh-huh, it is a little crazy when you think about it. But I don't think anyone has ever accused us shippers of being sane

And hey, as long as we're having fun it's got to be good But yep, it's strangely comforting to know there are others out there who are just as nuts too ((((ship family))))
                        But we're a good kind of crazy. And how can you resist when they look at each other like they do?

They're just irresistible!!!

Alas, my bedtime is approaching.

Good Night, Ship Family!!!

* PS: Is no one speaking to me...or do I keep arriving at the wrong time to catch anyone? I'm starting to get a complex...

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

and second...I agree that she probably get misquoted a lot, but that's what happens in a fandom...also I think that she is a shipper...as is RDA(I hope) but outta interviews it just looks that way...well maybe they aren't that big of a shippers as we are but I believe 100% in it that they are shippers
                          i think they're shippers too, and i agree, just not as big or into as we are. no biggie.

Of course it is right that if S/J would have screwed the regs it would have been weird, Sam would never jeopardise(sp?) their careers, AT is right in it. So I can understand that it isn't a really big part of her character in the show...it's more important for other stuff...but I still like some confirmation subtle...and I really hope that what AT says that we will hopefully get something in the movies because now is the time and space right for it...I mean every movie needs some romance right? so why not finishing the first UST in RST...
                          the ship was never brought up in the show in the context that they were going to disrespect the regs to get together. i've read stories like that, though, and have enjoyed them, because fics explore things the show wouldn't or couldn't.

this storyline *needs* confirmation. you don't explore a story for 11 years without a pay-off.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                            But we're a good kind of crazy. And how can you resist when they look at each other like they do?

They're just irresistible!!!

Alas, my bedtime is approaching.

Good Night, Ship Family!!!

* PS: Is no one speaking to me...or do I keep arriving at the wrong time to catch anyone? I'm starting to get a complex...
                            (((((Melissa)))))

Everytime I check in you've checked out!!!!! We gotta time this better! Hopefully RL will treat you better and you can hang out more...we miss you!

Good Night, Melissa!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                              EDIT: I have Halmark Channel on. Bekki's avatar was just on!!! He was stalking someone! And she was blond!!!! I wonder if he was type cast as a stalker of blonds, lol?!
                              Tehehehehe!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                CONGRATS on 1000, JUMBLE!!!

This calls for a Jumbly crumbly bumbly hug

*hugs the stuffing out of Jumble*

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!!

I feel a poem coming on

1000 for Jumble
                                1000, Hooray
                                Today, I say
                                is a happy great day
                                Says Jumble to Bekki
                                "Why leap and why cheer"
                                Say I "Oh dear Jumble
                                because you are here\
                                and because you are awesome
                                because you are great
                                because Jack O'Neill
                                asked you on a great date!"

It's a crazy kind of day

gotta run to uni now (now that i have already skipped one tute)

(as a reminder to myself, I am on page 3535)
                                Aw Bekki, a poem just for me (((((Bekki)))))

He did??? And I never turned up because I thought it was just another dream

2000???????

Jumble...you're a thunk thread unto yourself!!!!

As to obsessive intense involvement with this particular ship, I once responded to a similar question several months back. And since I'm too busy writing the script for the 3rd Movie atm I thought I'd just repeat it here...

Spoiler:
                                Okay...well...for one thing, even though Sam and Jack are fictional characters, I think that 10 years is a long time for people to have invested in any storyline. I mean think of it...that's a decade...if you go by life expectancy of about 80 years...that's 1/8th of one's life. Some of us haven't been with them that long...but what we lack in time, I think we make up for in intensity, if I'm any judge of the number of us who own the DVDs and watch the reruns on Sciffy and other channels. So I think, even though, logically we accept them as "fictional", the amount of time we've spent with them has made them a very real part of our lives.

Having said that...I'd add that the people who portray these characters have done such a fantastic job of bringing them to life for all these years...of giving them depth and complexity above and beyond the scripted lines (more on that in a second), that I think we're able to embrace them even more as "real" people...especially as we've seen them grow and develop and change over time. Just like real people. And we've seen them when they're at their best, their worst, at their most excellent and at their most flawed. Which again, adds to their realism. And part and parcel of this is also the writing (cuz we can't forget the writers...w/o whom the actors would have nothing to say...no story to tell!). We can all cite examples where we think a storyline has strayed off-course, a character acted OoC from time to time, an aspect of the story we'd liked to have seen fleshed out more, but I have to say, in terms of how long the story has gone (and continues to go), overall, there's not much to complain about (okay...yes...resolution..we want resolution...but that's another matter... ) and the quality has been amazingly consistent over all.

Throw in a propensity that some of us have for the belief in the existence of the ideal pairing...the concept of soulmates, perfect lovers, true love (or, for any scoffing lurkers: Twuu Wuv...), destiny, however you want to define it...the exquisite angst of having that destiny denied...and then achieved...it's a classic storyline, told and retold for centuries. That it gets played out before our eyes by two people who are easy to look at, good at what they do, in a story framework that captivates and excites (hey...I like explosions too!!!)...I mean...what's not to love about it?
                                Aha! Methinks we've unmasked the PTB member of the Ship Family
                                Brilliant explanation APA To be honest, I can't remember what I used to do with my time before this obsession intense involvement grabbed me! (And I do mean the Ship, not just Jack )

Nothing major, but JM answered a question on his blog tonight about the chronological placement of Continuum vis a vis S5 SGA...

Spoiler:
                                PG15 writes: “Does Stargate Continuum now happen after Carter leaves Atlantis in Search and Rescue?”

Answer: Yes.
                                Lol! You beat me to it! This was what I actually came in to post!

Comment

Working...
                                X