This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    So, are we going for The MOP Squad then? I'll happily make some badges for everyone. I'll do the personalised thing again if everyone wants their name on it

I was thinking last night that we could agree a central message for our communications with tptb, so that we're showing a united front with our postcards. Obviously we don't want them all identical, but if we have a main focus I think it would help. Even without spamming tptb, they got the message that we wanted a wedding, and they delivered (ok, not quite the way we wanted , but it was a wedding neverthless). So I think we stand a far better chance of getting our resolution if we ask specifically for it.

I was thinking along the lines that we could make suggestions for what we want to see on screen, then vote on the ideas over the next week or so so that everyone gets a chance to have their say.

What does everyone think?

Edit: Thinking about it, it'd be great if there were loads of different badges for the MOP squad, especially since we have so many of us who like to make stuff.....and lots of sigs sporting the desire for our resolution wouldn't go amiss either
    I like the idea

p.s. what did MOP mean? I'm lazy to look for it
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Goodnight!!! Have fun at hockey

Well - here are my speedy photoshop efforts anyway

Heeeee! Love it. I think I will be quoting "...and possibly flippers..." all day at work. So when people start throwing stuff at me, I will know it's your fault!

(((Jann)))
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
        are you offering to make pretty things Oma?? *smiles sweetly*

Well, I was....then I thought, why not volunteer everyone to make pretty things

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I like the idea

p.s. what did MOP mean? I'm lazy to look for it

I think it was Jann? Bekki? APA? umm....nope, can't remember ....who dubbed the whole thing Operation Penguin, so MOP is Members of Operation Penguin. Not particularly original or clever, but we seem to be doing lots of mopping around here lately, so at least it's topical
        sigpic

Comment

Well, I was....then I thought, why not volunteer everyone to make pretty things

I think it was Jann? Bekki? APA? umm....nope, can't remember ....who dubbed the whole thing Operation Penguin, so MOP is Members of Operation Penguin. Not particularly original or clever, but we seem to be doing lots of mopping around here lately, so at least it's topical

Oh and I kinda started making wallpapers, will post all of them at the other thread when I'm done, but I wanted to share this one now. It's not exactly Sam/Jack, but it's related...sort off

3.1.jpg
          sigpic

Comment

So, are we going for The MOP Squad then? I'll happily make some badges for everyone. I'll do the personalised thing again if everyone wants their name on it

I was thinking last night that we could agree a central message for our communications with tptb, so that we're showing a united front with our postcards. Obviously we don't want them all identical, but if we have a main focus I think it would help. Even without spamming tptb, they got the message that we wanted a wedding, and they delivered (ok, not quite the way we wanted , but it was a wedding neverthless). So I think we stand a far better chance of getting our resolution if we ask specifically for it.

I was thinking along the lines that we could make suggestions for what we want to see on screen, then vote on the ideas over the next week or so so that everyone gets a chance to have their say.

Edit: Thinking about it, it'd be great if there were loads of different badges for the MOP squad, especially since we have so many of us who like to make stuff.....and lots of sigs sporting the desire for our resolution wouldn't go amiss either
            I like the idea You can make!

I can make badges but I don't know how much internet I will have after tomorrow...since I'm going on vacation...same place as last year so I know we have internet, but I don't know how much access I have to the laptop

erm not me...I don't think that deep I think it was Chelle with the idea we had to do something, then I remember saying that we should make something and send it(poems and artwork) then I thought it was someone else that came back on the penguins...

But who started it ...no idea I think it was a co-operative thing

And the mopping...erm...well...I know I *didn't* start with it...I just cause it... I know APA and Luvnjack do the most of the mopping...they are our cleaners
            *runs away and hides in corner that those two can;t find*

oh and Jasmina I love your wallpaper, but I can;t remember one of the guys on the right side...the lowest one of the two...I do remember his (cutey) face...but not name. Who is it?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

<snip>

oh and Jasmina I love your wallpaper, but I can;t remember one of the guys on the right side...the lowest one of the two...I do remember his (cutey) face...but not name. Who is it?

Glad you like it
              And that's Aden Corso from "Forsaken" in season 6.
              Last edited by jasminaGo; 26 April 2008, 01:21 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a great idea Oma. I'll happily make some stuff, only probably tomorrow now as it's getting pretty late and I've drunk a lot of wine tonight so I doubt my efforts would be any good right now, haha! Sigs and badges here we come...

As for making sure that the stuff all is obvious that it comes from us together, well if we have MOP badges and generally sign ourselves off as Members of Operation Penguin then I guess that'll do it And yes, it would be good to agree on what we're asking for - I guess pretty much just confirmation (no hints, no possible other meanings, not in deleted scenes, just actual no room for doubt confirmation!) that Sam and Jack are together. Confirmation that we've interpreted all the hints since the end of season 8 correctly Personally I don't really mind what form that confirmation takes, as long as there's no wiggle room for once! But you're right, we should all agree and frame our request in a consistent way to have the maximum chance of success

If that makes any sense... excuse me if not, or if it's rambly or otherwise ranty... as I said, a lot of wine... really should go to bed!!!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hey, how fast do you guys post - tis amazin!
                  anywho... you've probably all seen it as its from aaaages ago me thinks, but what the hey i found it amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6333oBgXg

sigpic

Comment

I just had a shipper moment... reading the news.
                    The story is "Polar bears 'at risk' in Canada"
                    so that *kinda* cheered me up, until I realised it was the animal...
                    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      I just had a shipper moment... reading the news.
                      The story is "Polar bears 'at risk' in Canada"
                      so that *kinda* cheered me up, until I realised it was the animal...
                      Haha, I saw that too, glad it wasn't just me!
                      At least it wasn't Penguins...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Shippers!!!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        Goodnight!!! Have fun at hockey

Well - here are my speedy photoshop efforts anyway

Oh that is so sweet. See, Sam is soooo in love

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        *Waves at thread*

Hi shippers! Haven't been around much-school is wearing me down! I do have a ton of papers to grade and a house to clean, but I'm living in denial right now.

Off to try and catch up with the thread.
                        (((((((((((Amy))))))))))))

Denial can be a good friend Amy

I like the idea of us all signing off the same way...MOP squad or whatever.

Can I make a small suggestion. I prefer the use of the word confirmation rather than resolution.

We got resolution with fishing. And I think TPTB feel that way. Also there's further scope for them to give us not so much with 'resolution', and - heaven forbid, try and tell us they've only just now gotten together. 'Confirmation' denotes more of unequivically letting us know that Jack and Sam have been together since Threads/Meobius. Just MHO
                        sigpic
                        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by Erin_emm View Post
                          Hey, how fast do you guys post - tis amazin!
                          anywho... you've probably all seen it as its from aaaages ago me thinks, but what the hey i found it amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-6333oBgXg

Thanks for posting. I squeeeeed at the one part with RDA.

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                            Hi Shippers!!!

Oh that is so sweet. See, Sam is soooo in love

(((((((((((Amy))))))))))))

Denial can be a good friend Amy

Can I make a small suggestion. I prefer the use of the word confirmation rather than resolution.

We got resolution with fishing. And I think TPTB feel that way. Also there's further scope for them to give us not so much with 'resolution', and - heaven forbid, try and tell us they've only just now gotten together. 'Confirmation' denotes more of unequivically letting us know that Jack and Sam have been together since Threads/Meobius. Just MHO :0
                            I agree Mara, it's definitely confirmation we should be after now rather than resolution - as you say, resolution was fishing in the eyes of TPTB, and really in the eyes of Sam and Jack too. So now we want confirmation of that resolution!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post

We got resolution with fishing. And I think TPTB feel that way. Also there's further scope for them to give us not so much with 'resolution', and - heaven forbid, try and tell us they've only just now gotten together. 'Confirmation' denotes more of unequivically letting us know that Jack and Sam have been together since Threads/Meobius. Just MHO
                              LOL, that's the word I was groping for. Confirmation Thanks Mara!

I've made my first MOP Squad sig

Think I made myself clear enough? Although I was struggling to come up with a 1 or 2 word description of the WoO kiss Help, anyone?
                              Last edited by Oma-1; 26 April 2008, 03:07 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                I agree Mara, it's definitely confirmation we should be after now rather than resolution - as you say, resolution was fishing in the eyes of TPTB, and really in the eyes of Sam and Jack too. So now we want confirmation of that resolution!
                                Exactly!!

sigpic
                                Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Working...
                                X