X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sam/Cam scene in AoT?
    Spoiler:
    I'm sure I read here earlier that she said she would take him to dinner when he was recovered? Well I've just watched it and there was no mention of dinner, so how many versions are there? I'm still buying the DVD when it comes out, because I actually thought it was a great film. And, erm, am I the only one that felt that Jack was there, if only in spirit? Seems there were a lot of 'Jack-like' expressions in there......

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
      Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been a fan of the show since around the end of season 8. I actually started watching Atlantis first and then got hooked on SG1 as well. How excited was I to find a place that's dedicated to my two favorite Stargate characters - Sam and Jack!

Since I'm still finding my way around this site, I have a question that may be OT here but maybe someone can put me in the right direction - I'm attending Gatecon in August. Is anyone here attending? Is there a thread for this topic specifically?
      thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome Aurora1101

Have fun in here and post a lot!. Also 'bout the gatecon thread...I don't know but I think there is somewhere one...you just have to look....good enough

about Quarantine
      Spoiler:
      Loved the episode. It was funny, and cute. Liked the interactions between the characters. and Sams pigeon thing loved it...so...jack-like

Also cute to see Teyla in her pregnancy outfit...

and Keller/Ronon ship...wow..they almost kissed...twice(I found it twice atleast) ...hmmm...should we expect more there...have to watch out for that!

Then Rodney...OMG...he didn't propose in the end...argh...would have loved to see that play out...the engaged thing and all...in a way I feel sorry for Katie now...poor thing! But then again...she is with Rodney...couldn't imagine myself being that(my subconcious is btw a whole different story...since that ...dream/nightmare a couple of days ago)
      Would have loved to know what Katie would have answered if Mckay had popped the question...

That's all for now...now some Fanfic reading and SG watching...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        Plus
        Spoiler:
        He was too busy taking peeks of her boobs! I wanted to stick my finger down my throat with that scene
        I tend to go with how Amy interpreted it...
        Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        My hubby watched it with me.
        Spoiler:
        He even commented on how Radek was checking out Sam's cleavage! I thought personally that it wasn't intentional, and he was really uncomfortable! Poor Radek. He knows he can't compete!

Last night's postings were a lot more positive. I'm glad everyone is cheering up. Evolution tonight? Hmmm. Haven't seen that one in awhile and I'm stuck at school.

Saturday School OT
        Spoiler:
        Today is a teacher workday. We start with new kids on Monday so this is our day to get ready. It is required to be here (but I bet a lot of people don't show.) Youngest child's fever is down this morning, but she is still not feeling too well. My tooth only seems to hurt in the evenings and night!

Have a good day Ship Family! Since no kiddos are here, I might try to check in occasionally.
        Spoiler:
        I can't believe you have a work day on Sat! No fair! Hope it goes by quickly!!

Originally posted by ljevans View Post
        February 9th works for me! I guess I better get busy on my Valenship Fanfic!
        Oy, I'll never get anything done before the 9th!
        Originally posted by ljevans View Post

Spoiler:

My concern is that the whole episode was about the ships and the quarentine lockdown was almost a secondary story. This could possibly add fuel to the anti-shippers fire because they might think the story was lame and insist that the SCI FI has to be the most important thing and say that otherwise you just have a romantic drama. Please, don't throw things at me - I am not saying that this is what I think - just my fear that others might think this. If TPTB get a lot of negative feedback from this it could strengthen their resolve to give us less S/J. So, what I'm saying is - I hope that last night's SGA episode was well received by EVERYONE. If TPTB can do an episode that is really all about Ship and it is well received by everyone then they might not be so afraid to give us what we want.
        Spoiler:
        Well, if the anti's get mad, at least it will take some of the heat off SJ for a while. As for whatever feedback they get-it's almost too late to change Continuum, at least I hope... I think the episode was received well enough. Interestingly enough, I didn't hear so much complaining about Ronon and Keller as I did about the Keller character in general...

I personally liked the ep-I just enjoyed it for what it was. *shrugs* Because sometimes, if all you do is watch with a critical eye, you'll nitpick the episode to death, and then it's no fun anymore. (IMHO) I find when I go to the ep thread, it's sometimes a downer after I really liked what I saw. It's like I never read the movie reviews from the critics because they usually hate the movies I love!
        Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
        Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been a fan of the show since around the end of season 8. I actually started watching Atlantis first and then got hooked on SG1 as well. How excited was I to find a place that's dedicated to my two favorite Stargate characters - Sam and Jack!
        Welcome!!!

I'm going away now...I don't feel so great...

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Okay, I think we need some fluffy fic recs. Here are a couple of my favourites:

Home Economics by Little Red

Blonde Hair by our own Caladria (Happy belated b-day!!!)
          Thanks for the recs! I really enjoyed them! Especially Home Economics-I was laughing so hard as I read it!
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Okay, I really am going soon...but I found some pics from last night on the Sam Thread, thanks to sg Gato...

Spoiler:
            Mimicking the pigeons...

Comment

Minor spoilers for AoT:
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
              All this discussion of what a kiss on the cheek means got me thinking--is there any other genre where a kiss on the cheek between singles would possibly be indication of ship? (in this case to those of the Sam/Cam persuasion) Can you imagine in a soap, or sitcom or prime time drama show thinking it meant anything except friendship? Or is it because our particular Sci-fi show has been cautioius with ships, while others haven't?
              ROFL. Can you imagine the 'coming next week' for that one... And instead of the BHK usually on the preview reel it's a peck on the cheek...

No, can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou View Post
                At any rate, I'll head back to my fanfics and leave y'all in peace. You know where to find me if and when you have more opinions to share about AoT. Drop me a line through email (available at my fanfic page) or my glowingpuddle.com site.

Take care, shippers!
                No! Don't leave. I don't think comments about negativity were directed at you. You are not ALWAYS negative and truly seem to enjoy the show. You fit into the first group she mentioned, those who are occasionally down, and need a place to vent. There are others, however, whose purpose seems to convert others into show haters rather than simply discuss our love for the show and the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                  Have a question regarding the AoT
                  Spoiler:
                  version which people are watching and reporting on. Wasn't it said that this was very preliminary? Could it be that the music with that Sam/Cam scene is not what's it's going to be in the finished product? (I'm saying this because a few comments were made about the music sounding "shippy, tho not 'our' shippy. Or possibly the final product could be edited differently, even.
                  Absolutely true!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                    With Sam
                    And in front of Jacob, no less:

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

LOL!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                          When your up in the middle of the night what do you do...GW! I would be up for this except I know I wont be able too because of the baby
                          Spoiler:
                          c-section is planned for the 7th since my baby can't flip over on her own...so I'll be still in the hospital.

Y'all have fun though give me something to read when I finally get home...the baby has things she needs to learn about shipping. Alright should go to bed too when your dad wakes up to go hunting and you are still up its a bad sign (at my parents for the weekend)
                          No excuse. Do you have a laptop? (joking... no wifi)

Seriously though, newborns sleep a LOT. Good luck, feel free to PM me with any questions, concernes, whatever as I've been through that twice.

Comment

SGA Quarantine, OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            My hubby watched it with me. He even commented on how Radek was checking out Sam's cleavage! I thought personally that it wasn't intentional, and he was really uncomfortable! Poor Radek. He knows he can't compete!
                            For some reason, I read this and immediately thought, "Of course, Radek has no cleavage." lol

Comment

AoT yet again:
                              Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
                              The Sam/Cam scene in AoT? I'm sure I read here earlier that she said she would take him to dinner when he was recovered? Well I've just watched it and there was no mention of dinner, so how many versions are there? I'm still buying the DVD when it comes out, because I actually thought it was a great film. And, erm, am I the only one that felt that Jack was there, if only in spirit? Seems there were a lot of 'Jack-like' expressions in there......
                              No, she doesn't take him to dinner. I believe that bit was made up by someone who sees ship in everything Cam and Sam do to see how we'd react.

I repeat. Did. Not. Happen. You're not going crazy. *hugs*

Comment

Hi Shippers! I'm home!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X