X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
    So who's going first? Any takers?
    LOL...okay...I'll jump in...bear with me...I watched it earlier today and at present don't have it on...

My first thought is that this is another example of one of those great team episodes...even though the team isn't together. More in a sec!
    sigpic

Comment

Like we get in so many eps when the team has to split up, they still manage to all work toward the same end, each using their various gifts and skills. You see that here, I think.

Oh...and what I love most about this is that we get to see Sam start to spread her wings a little. I was comparing this with where she is now in Atlantis...how tentative she is here, making decisions...especially when Jack's around...and how in command she is in Atlantis. I love how they've let her character grow and develop and change like that...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        When did Dad arrive? That warrior is disguting looking! Sam looks a little queasy!
        Well, she did say she wanted to bring the Tok'ra in. It's nice to see Jacob...and it's nice to see him and Sam working together. And yeah...all that mucous and slime...bleech!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
          Feel better Brooke! Want to join in the Evolution discussion? Now that you've got ALL the discs!
          I would...but it seems I'm too late. Maybe I can catch you guys next time.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
            Feel free to jump in any time...it's two whole eps long!

Another thing that struck me about the ep...at least at the start...was the lack of Jack (ooh...that rhymes!). Sam seems to be running the investigation...coming up with the analysis...and the plan for capturing a live SuperSoldier. It's only when she's got it worked out that we finally see Jack.

As an aside...when I hear "supersoldier" I can't help but think X-files...you know...those guys with the things in the back of their necks. And these guys look like cutrate DarthVaders too...a double homage, perhaps?
            sigpic

Comment

I think Mara's writing a book....
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry. I just had a horrific run in with a very scary spider I swear now I can feel something crawling on the back of my neck

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                When did Dad arrive? That warrior is disguting looking! Sam looks a little queasy!
                Jacob looks a little queesy and disgusted to LOL!

Like we get in so many eps when the team has to split up, they still manage to all work toward the same end, each using their various gifts and skills. You see that here, I think.

Oh...and what I love most about this is that we get to see Sam start to spread her wings a little. I was comparing this with where she is now in Atlantis...how tentative she is here, making decisions...especially when Jack's around...and how in command she is in Atlantis. I love how they've let her character grow and develop and change like that...
                Yes absolutely. One of the things I love about SG-1 - - is their cohesiveness. They operate as a unit even when they're not together and this is a prime example.

I agree with Sam. It's wonderful how we get to see her growth.

I also noticed that her decision making was even more tentative when Jack's around. She's still getting into it...she really starts to become command Sam from the beginning of S7 IMHO...finding her own way, but her respect and admiration for Jack as an officer is astronomical and so when he's around I think she would be even more self conscious and afraid of making a mistake, perhaps afraid to be diminished in his eyes?

Interesting that the first scene we see of him is the walk and talk with Sam as she explains the plan - which she helped devise. You can clearly see her desire for his approval, coupled I think with some exasperation and amusement at his childishness.
                sigpic
                Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Sorry. I just had a horrific run in with a very scary spider I swear now I can feel something crawling on the back of my neck

Jacob looks a little queesy and disgusted to LOL!

Yes absolutely. One of the things I love about SG-1 - - is their cohesiveness. They operate as a unit even when they're not together and this is a prime example.

I agree with Sam. It's wonderful how we get to see her growth.

I also noticed that her decision making was even more tentative when Jack's around. She's still getting into it...she really starts to become command Sam from the beginning of S7 IMHO...finding her own way, but her respect and admiration for Jack as an officer is astronomical and so when he's around I think she would be even more self conscious and afraid of making a mistake, perhaps afraid to be diminished in his eyes?

Interesting that the first scene we see of him is the walk and talk with Sam as she explains the plan - which she helped devise. You can clearly see her desire for his approval, coupled I think with some exasperation and amusement at his childishness.

Watch out, Mara..they're everywhere!

(sorry...I couldn't resist....)

Yeah...I'm trying to figure out his comment when she asks him what he thinks of her plan...and he replies "I have some notes"... is he mentoring, teasing? Especially since he obviously seems not to entirely trust the plan when they get to the planet and Reynolds notes that he doesn't seem to have much confidence in Plan A...Jack answers that Plan A never works...

EDIT: Okay...I had to remove that thing...it was even creeping me out...!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                    No way, pop it on...even fast forward it. I'm always pausing them and rewinding them and stuff so I always get behind to.

Feel free to jump in any time...it's two whole eps long!

Another thing that struck me about the ep...at least at the start...was the lack of Jack (ooh...that rhymes!). Sam seems to be running the investigation...coming up with the analysis...and the plan for capturing a live SuperSoldier. It's only when she's got it worked out that we finally see Jack.

As an aside...when I hear "supersoldier" I can't help but think X-files...you know...those guys with the things in the back of their necks. And these guys look like cutrate DarthVaders too...a double homage, perhaps?
                    Heheh...you know what I loved. It's Sam who names them 'Supersoldiers'. LOL! and the way Jack looks at her...

Supersolidier?
                    No? (she was a little worried that he would think it was dumb there I think)
                    It has a ring (Or something like that, I haven't gotten there yet )

I think Mara's writing a book....
                    Hey! Are you saying I have a tendency to babble?
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

No way, pop it on...even fast forward it. I'm always pausing them and rewinding them and stuff so I always get behind to.

Heheh...you know what I loved. It's Sam who names them 'Supersoldiers'. LOL! and the way Jack looks at her...

Supersolidier?
                      No? (she was a little worried that he would think it was dumb there I think)
                      It has a ring (Or something like that, I haven't gotten there yet )

Hey! Are you saying I have a tendency to babble?
                      LOL...hey...I'm the one with 4 posts in a row! Didn't know you were battling spiders...

Yeah...the naming thing is kind of a turn on his naming of things...especially after Star Trek...when he wanted to name the Prometheus The Enterprise... which is why I thought X-files...he has his scifi favorites...she has hers...
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh...and Jack gets his little Star Trek thing in when he tries to give the vulcan hand signal to the goa'uld once they're captured!
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember the look Sam gives Jack when Jack tells Sam he is going to rescue Daniel. It was very intense. Sam really seemed worried for Jack. I though the Ship came across as very intense. I enjoyed everything about Evolution.

Comment

Watch out, Mara..they're everywhere!

(sorry...I couldn't resist....)

Yeah...I'm trying to figure out his comment when she asks him what he thinks of her plan...and he replies "I have some notes"... is he mentoring, teasing? Especially since he obviously seems not to entirely trust the plan when they get to the planet and Reynolds notes that he doesn't seem to have much confidence in Plan A...Jack answers that Plan A never works...
                            Yikes! Are you trying to give me a heart attack!!!!

Embarrassingly I actually jumped at that little animation - my spider sense is on over drive apparantly

Yeah. I actually think it was both. I think she knows he's not gonna like the plan. Just like he didn't like the plan to destroy Anubis's weapon in the first ep - it's reckless and she knows it and Jack, while he goes along with them, hates the reckless plans. I think this is one of the reasons she's a little concerned as she tells him and wants his approval. She doesn't want him marching into Hammond and saying 'No Way in Netu'

As for Jack. It's dangerous and reckless and he doesn't seem as desperate throughout the whole ep to capture the thing as Sam is, he has no scientific interest in it. BUt he understands the strategic value of it, he just doesn't like risking his people. He knows by the way she's telling him about it that she really want his approval, so he's teasing her. While I think he does have genuinie concerns, he knows that he's gonna do it - all in all it's a good plan - but he can't help teasing her a little along the way IMHO.

As for Reynolds. Well Jack's right Plan A never works. The thing is, I think the rest of SG-1 wouldn't have been surprised by this order - JAck always likes to have a back up in these situations - and so wouldn't have even questioned it. But Reynold's doesn't know him that well so he asks about his faith in the plan. And frankly Jack never has any faith in plan A.

Hmm, did any of that make any sense? I kinda feel like I'm rambling incoherently again
                            sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                              I remember the look Sam gives Jack when Jack tells Sam he is going to rescue Daniel. It was very intense. Sam really seemed worried for Jack. I though the Ship came across as very intense. I enjoyed everything about Evolution.
                              I think they both seemed worried for each other. Jack was going off without back-up he trusted...and he was having to watch Sam go off on an equally as dangerous mission without him being there to cover her six. It was a very intense look...one of those looks that said more than a hundred words ever could.
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL...hey...I'm the one with 4 posts in a row! Didn't know you were battling spiders...

Yeah...the naming thing is kind of a turn on his naming of things...especially after Star Trek...when he wanted to name the Prometheus The Enterprise... which is why I thought X-files...he has his scifi favorites...she has hers...
                                Aww, and now they share them together

Oh...and Jack gets his little Star Trek thing in when he tries to give the vulcan hand signal to the goa'uld once they're captured!
                                LOL! Yeah, that was so funny. He's hilarious in the cell as he trys to tell the Goa'uld that they weren't actually there to kill him. And I swear you can almost hear all the other troops apart from SG-1 just thinking "Is he nuts?!" And I liked the "that went well" thing between Sam and Jack there too.
                                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Working...
                                X