This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
    I just thought that if they were having a really good time he would be hopping out without the boxers!!
    <SPLASH!!!>

There are no words to describe how deeply into the gutter that sentence sent me...
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
      Hi welcome to the thread!
      Gatecon thread: Go to the Briefing Room Board on the Stargate Forum- then you go to Stargate Fandom -Web sites, conventions, fan campaigns, music videos, art and more! You see the Gatecon 2008 Thread. Have fun!
      Thanks for your help! will head over there now
      sigpic
      Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
        Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been a fan of the show since around the end of season 8. I actually started watching Atlantis first and then got hooked on SG1 as well. How excited was I to find a place that's dedicated to my two favorite Stargate characters - Sam and Jack!

Since I'm still finding my way around this site, I have a question that may be OT here but maybe someone can put me in the right direction - I'm attending Gatecon in August. Is anyone here attending? Is there a thread for this topic specifically?
        thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to the thread!!

I hope you drop by often and have fun posting! (And reading...)
        You'll find your way soon enough
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Quarantine:

Spoiler:
          I loved this ep. There is much love for eps that have wonderful character moments and this one was chock full of them!

My interpretation of the ogling was that it was unintentional. I thought it was hilarious. I am sure Zelenka has notice that Sam was beautiful before (who wouldn't!) and it is a bit disconcerting to be trapped with your boss in a small space. Then add on top of that the fact that she's not only hella smart (Loved his comment about her altering the tablet so fast) and beautiful...

He wasn't expecting her to take off her jacket and she was turned towards him when she did it. Since he's a bit shorter than her, his eye line is a bit lower. Who wouldn't be startled by the sudden appearance of your boss's cleavage in your lower peripheral vision. Of course you are going to look. But he quickly looked away and looked terribly uncomfortable.

I thought all the scenes with those two were wonderful. Zalenka was clearly uncomfortable and Sam was oblivious to it, focused on solving the problem.

And the pigeon thing was very Jack-like.

It was also great to see Sam spouting technobabble. I think they have handle the transition for her character very well. While some were complaining in the beginning of the season that Sam was different, I think it made sense. Sam would have handled it just like she did - step back and get a feel for things, letting the others get used to her as she gets used to the new command. Now that she's obviously more comfortable, she's more inclined to just jump right in there. If she'd been spouting technobabble from the first ep, it would have come across as too overbearing.

I really like where Sam is right now.

And as for the Katie/Rodney status. I think she was going to say yes. She was clearly hiding her disappointment in that last scene. I would also like to think that she cares about him enough to understand that he isn't ready and continue with the relationship as it stands until he is. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ljevans View Post
            Has anyone gone to any of the anti-ship threads to see what they are saying about last nights SGA?

Spoiler:
            I enjoyed last night's episode and agree with everyone that Sam was very relaxed, oblivious to the fact that Zelenka thought she was hot and sexy, and that her attempt at humor was VERY JACK-LIKE! I also think that when Zelenka didn't get her humor that she really felt a pang of loneliness and missed Jack trememdously at that point.

My concern is that the whole episode was about the ships and the quarentine lockdown was almost a secondary story. This could possibly add fuel to the anti-shippers fire because they might think the story was lame and insist that the SCI FI has to be the most important thing and say that otherwise you just have a romantic drama. Please, don't throw things at me - I am not saying that this is what I think - just my fear that others might think this. If TPTB get a lot of negative feedback from this it could strengthen their resolve to give us less S/J. So, what I'm saying is - I hope that last night's SGA episode was well received by EVERYONE. If TPTB can do an episode that is really all about Ship and it is well received by everyone then they might not be so afraid to give us what we want.

PTB, if you are reading this, what we want is a Big Honking Kiss between our reality Jack and our reality Sam!!!

Ok, running away now so as not to get hit from rotten tomatos being thrown at me!
            I think that TPTB realize that they can't make everyone happy. There will always be groups of people that chronically dislike everything about the show (appearantly some people are only watching to torture themselfes )

That's why I believe that our Ship is safe. We got hints that are too small to really 'out' the S/J Ship, but that are also to big to be ignored or to say that the Ship has sunk. Anti's will always like to fire torpedos at our or any Ship, just like we like to smother them in clouds of fluff. It's what we do
            But I don't think that the PTB will care any more about the anti's then that they do about 'us'...

Plus, everyone keeps nagging on about more character developement in SGA, right? Well, Ship is the way!
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Welcome to the thread!!

I hope you drop by often and have fun posting! (And reading...)
              You'll find your way soon enough
              Thank you! I'm not the brighest bulb when it comes to "net etiquette" so forgive me if I goof up. This is the first time I've joined a forum. And like I said in my previous post, these two are my favorites, so I couldn't think of a better place to start. thanks for the welcome
              sigpic
              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Spoilers for Quarantine:
                You can bet the farm
                Spoiler:
                McKay will not get the chance to ask Katie again. I though TPTB lost a great opportunity to have McKay take a step forward and instead it was more of the same McKay. TPTB seem to have real issues of having a major character get married.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                  Thank you! I'm not the brighest bulb when it comes to "net etiquette" so forgive me if I goof up. This is the first time I've joined a forum. And like I said in my previous post, these two are my favorites, so I couldn't think of a better place to start. thanks for the welcome
                  Welcome to the thread!

Really, IMO, the two main things to keep in mind are 'stay on topic (mostly)' and 'don't be a troll' (i.e. don't purposefully come in here to stir things up).

And have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                    Spoilers for Quarantine:
                    You can bet the farm
                    Spoiler:
                    McKay will not get the chance to ask Katie again. I thought TPTB lost a great opportunity to have McKay take a step forward and instead it was more of the same McKay. TPTB seem to have real issues of having a major character get married.
                    Maybe they just couldn't imagine anybody being able
                    Spoiler:
                    to be around him 24/7. I do enjoy some scenes with him, in spite of myself, but his same old "I'm doomed " stuff just about every week palls.(IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      Plus
                      Spoiler:
                      He was too busy taking peeks of her boobs! I wanted to stick my finger down my throat with that scene
                      I laughed, which started the cough again, but it was so funny
                      Spoiler:
                      when he flapped his shirt to cool off. It did surprise me, to have that little unintentional peeking bit (tho scripted, I'm sure)but what to expect when that's the clothing style all over Atlantis? The doctor sure looked 'professional' didn't she.

Comment

Spoilers for Quarantine:

I actually watched some of the episode last night and
                        Spoiler:
                        McKay really seemed like a child in the scenes with Katie. I give DH great credit to be able to play the McKay character. You think it has to be getting old though. After seeing the McKay chracter last night it seems hard to believe McKay will ever be ready for a serious relationship. Also with the Ronan/Keller scenes you knew the kiss would not happen. TPTB just love to follow the script with delaying the Ship.
                        Last edited by ses110; 19 January 2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Have a question regarding the AoT
                          Spoiler:
                          version which people are watching and reporting on. Wasn't it said that this was very preliminary? Could it be that the music with that Sam/Cam scene is not what's it's going to be in the finished product? (I'm saying this because a few comments were made about the music sounding "shippy, tho not 'our' shippy. Or possibly the final product could be edited differently, even.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                            Have a question regarding the AoT
                            Spoiler:
                            version which people are watching and reporting on. Wasn't it said that this was very preliminary? Could it be that the music with that Sam/Cam scene is not what's it's going to be in the finished product? (I'm saying this because a few comments were made about the music sounding "shippy, tho not 'our' shippy. Or possibly the final product could be edited differently, even.
                            The leaked AOT is almost complete missing only the credits and some CGI.
                            Spoiler:
                            About that scene - some thought it shippy, the majority friendshippy (even Amanda said in an interview she and Ben had fun with that scene, but should be interpreted as friendshippy - a mirror scene to the one in LITS) - the best would be to watch it for yourself and see how do you find it...

Comment

It's possible Gatetrixer. I do not think
                              Spoiler:
                              TPTB are going to Ship Sam/Cam and it's not suppose to be a Shippy scene. I'm not going to say I like the scene. I wish it did not happen. There is nothing I can do about and it's helps that I will not be buying AOT. I want to try to move on from the scene and try to be more positive.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                                Hi, again, Ship Family! I'm still behind a few pages, but I must catch some shut-eye. My head is starting to dip dangerously close to the keyboard.

Before I go, I'll put a proposal together for those who may not have seen the first post mentioning it:

How would you like to have Valenship
                                on Saturday, February 9?

Several people have already said that date works for them...but I wanted more to have a chance to respond. Or, is there another date you prefer?

Can we try to decide this by the end of this weekend...so everyone can start working on their stuff?

See ya later today!!!
                                February 9th is good for me. I can't wait, as I always love our special days.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X