This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I love it when he inadvertantly comes up with these ideas and he has no clue half the time....The looks he gets on his face is priceless at times!
    lol yeh, I love the way he just stands there looking all confused while she's busy techno-babbling. And what I also love about all those times is that you always get an insight into who Sam is as well, everytime it's her idea but she gives him credit just because he's the one that psarked the idea in her - very Sam, IMO. (And anti-Mckay, lol...still love him though )

Anyone else having trouble with GW, it's taking ages for me to move thread to thread or even reply?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      "Tabula Rasa", another good Sam episode airs at 4 pm EST and "The Seer", the other one where Sam has a major role is on at 6 pm EST.
      I just watched The Seer. It's one of my favs from the current season. Sam's awesome and Shep...*thunk*
      Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
      That was when JM said there was a scene in which Sam mentioned she was recommended for the post by O'Neill, and AT and a writer both came by and said it would have an "appearance of impropriety" so they added Woolsey's name. They never used the scene, I think, but we all thought it was a nice thing since it implied that the actor and writer thought there was a relationship between O'Neill and Carter.
      Yep!
      Originally posted by Nikki View Post
      So I was just watching 'The Torment of Tantalus' and I just love the way that Jack can always come up with an idea/comment which seems dumb or flippant to everyone else but can usually give Sam an amazing, life saving idea. They just work so well together, intellectually and physically (by that I mean in the field...out of the gutter people ). So that got me thinking, when else has Jack inadvertently given Sam an amazing idea? So far I've come up with three times:

1. 'Torment of Tantalus'
      Spoiler:
      Danny: "Great, shoot it!" Danny walks away. Teal raises his Staff and shoots it. Nothing happens. "Now what?"

Jack: "I'm obviously no scientist but uh, couldn't we use that Ben Franklin thing?"

SCEAN CHANGE: HALL

Sam: "The element of the gate is made up of a superconductor. It'll observe energy in may different things: Heat, Nuclear, solar, static, if we could channel a lighting strike into the gate, it might provide us with enough power to dial in and make it through."

Teal'c: "How do we attract lightning to the gate?"

Sam: "Not directly, we will have to rig something up on the roof. And hope that the sudden and enormous charge doesn't destroy the gate's mechanisms."

2. 'Bane'
      Spoiler:
      Janet: "Colonel...from the looks of it, we only have minutes."

Jack: "Captain...is there anything your Tok'ra memories could..."

Sam: "I know, sir, I know. I can't just access them at will. Believe me, I've been trying..."

Jack: "Oh, it's too bad you can't zap it with those paddles like they do on...E. R. That guys that's...What?"

Sam: "It couldn't be that simple."

Janet: "Defibbing would kill it."

Sam: "...but we've done our best to synthesize almost every environmental condition the Goa'uld larva has inside Teal'c's pouch...

Jack: "What?"

3. 'Avatar'
      Spoiler:
      CARMICHAEL: This can’t go on for much longer. We’re gonna have to make a decision pretty soon about forcibly removing the connections.

O’NEILL: Y’know, it’s too bad we can’t hook up a joystick to this thing – give him a little help, a little back-up, maybe.
      (Sam, Lee and Carmichael turn round to stare at him.)

LEE: Actually, we could link up another chair and send someone else into the same simulation. Oh – it wouldn’t make any difference; the processors would network and the second person would just fall victim to the same altered elements in the simulation that have already trapped Teal’c.

CARTER: Unless the new player had an advantage. (She looks at Jack.) Sir, you may have done it again.

O’NEILL: Yes. ... How’d I do it this time?

CARTER: These graphics are being generated by a data recorder that’s tracking the game. It’s actually interfaced into the system between the chair’s processor and Teal’c. The chair decides what’s gonna happen – Teal’c responds. Those responses are then incorporated, processed, and we see the results. It’s a continuous loop of ever-changing data.

O’NEILL: Oh(!) Still waitin’ on my good idea.

CARTER: The recorder causes a two second delay between the programming in the chair and the experience in Teal’c’s mind. He won’t know the difference but we could use it to our advantage.

Do we have any more?
      I really love it when he does that! I can't think of any others at the moment...but I do like in Red Sky when he was sooo excited about being right!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Ugh. GW is slooooooooooooooooooooow...
        But, on the bright side: Today's the day of the Return of SGA!

Funny, I did not used to really like SGA, but after seeing it this season... I'm hooked
        It's Shep eh...that hooked you up (Just kidding)
        You know, I love the commentaries. Especially the ones with AT (including the unending one ), she's just so funny!
        I have watched every ep with commentary and there are a few nice Shippy remarks (D&C, Sacrifices, Lost City, Evolution...). It is however, dissapointing that there's a lot of talk about, say, guest actors hobbies during some key scenes...

But then again, maybe my key scenes are not general key scenes
        See I like some commentaries too, but what you say during some scenes they just talk about stuff that I go like....I don't care...so I can never fully watch an episode with commentaries(or I have to be really bored, like during summer vacation once)

And key scenes...well that is different for everyone I think

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        I never notice these things until someone points them out to me.....I probably wouldn't notice if it come up and slapped me on the face!
        he he I have the same thing! Only I will notice them 'cause my brother says it, I'm mostly watching other........things...but my brother sees all that stuff. He even sees it when actors had fun before the scene because they are still to happy for it and all...then he rewinds it for me and it's true...kinda creepy but then again it's cool to watch it with him and his...picky-ness because if a serie has one regular actor that is good then he doesn't watches it...SG he did, only I never asked him about S9 and S10, so I can't give answers on that, I only know he doesn't like the Ori concept.
        But sometimes he sees earlier shippy scenes then me, and that's kinda cool( I love my brother )
        Argh, went rambling again. But just wanted to say that SG has mostly good actors and that I love SG. But I still don't understand how Sam(if we keep everything realistic) but how Sam has time to do on make-up and eyeshadow, mascara everytime she goes on a mission... That's the thing I don't like, but I do understand it...from a show perspective...
        (let's not even start with all the make-up Teal'c wears )
        And I dont understand how Sam can have long nails and well cared for if she goes off in the field and all I could never do that, my nails would be eewwwie....

Just like today when I watched Paradise Lost again(hey Jack is just hot in there, and such sweet/cryable shippy scenes there) that after Jack has been MIA for 4 weeks his nails are still very short and all...am curious how he managed to do that

Ah...sorry...just a girly girl rambling in here
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
          I enjoyed your vid so much Atlantis Babe! Truly angsty!
          thanks, i wanted to use the song but i had no idea where it was oging and i ended up with that lol

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
          Oh my! That was beautiful Atlantis Babe! Great vid!!! You should submit it to Kawoosh! So angsty! Love it!
          i have no idea how to submit it lol, thanks for the edback

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post

<Snipped for length>

Not just you.
          (((((VSS)))))), lets hope next weeks a better one ay

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
          (((Atlantis Babe and VSS))) I hope you both have a better weekend than week! You all need a hug:

Thanks gater62
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Yes...GW is being a pain in the mikta tonight...

Just want to share a shippy flash from today...especially in light of all the talk this week that may have left people down and discouraged.

I don't know...maybe it was the blue jello I had for lunch (seriously! I was at this cafeteria and they had blue jello! Of course, I had to have some...)...but I was musing over the past couple of seasons and thinking about Sam in Atlantis, and really, when you think about it, except for the fact that we'd really like to see more blatant ship, there is absolutely no way, IMHSO, to deny that Sam and Jack are together.

I know we've said this all before, but sometimes I think it never hurts to remind ourselves what we know. Yes...it's the shipper's credo...from Not Exactly...to "d'oh!"...to "Fishing"...to shoulder touching in The Shroud...to Jack's mention of Sam twice in The Return...to
            Spoiler:
            Jack's picture in Sam's quarters...to the fishing picture on the credenza in her office
            ...we are being told without actually being told...and while we may yearn for (and in some cases believe we deserve!) more, I for one can't say I'm unhappy with what we've been given.

Take, for example...
            Spoiler:
            the pictures in her office. I was thinking specifically about those as I was rewatching S4 of SGA this afternoon...and while we see solo pictures of Jacob, Daniel, Cassie and Teal'c...the only picture with Sam herself in it is the one of her and Jack fishing. Anyone walking into that office and thinking twice about those pictures would understand that there's meaning in that picture. And of course the viewers, who understand the coded reference to fishing, know exactly what that meaning is. You don't put a picture like that in your office if you've broken up with the guy. You don't put a picture like that in your office if you don't want people to see you as a couple. You don't put a picture like that in your office if it doesn't have a deep personal meaning for you. And you certainly don't keep a candid picture of you former CO in your quarters if you're not in love and involved in him. She's too old for a school-girl stunt of keeping a picture of someone she's not involved with in her room...and if she's broken up with him, then I would think a picture would be a too painful reminder of a relationship that didn't work out.
            IMHO, then, there's only one conclusion to be reached. And that is that they are together! (We'll save the "married/notmarried" issue for another time!)

Anyway...that's my blue-jello induced rambling for the day. ATM I'm in my shipper happy place and anxiously anticipating the next part of SGA, hoping (x 14!!!) for another subtle hint! I'll be back later with the summary of tonight's ep!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              While I'm not going to chime in on whether a certain poster is a troll or not, I do have sympathy with disillusioned shippers who have either given up completely on any resolution or who simply are unable to continue to hope for a resolution. Some are sad; some are bitter. Of course, some manage to express that in a way that doesn't insult those of us still wishing and hoping and I hope those shippers still feel that this is a safe place to come and express doubts or share their pain.
              i agree. we've always tried to be a place where any type of s/j shipper could come here and talk, whether in happiness or sadness. i only have probs when someone literally goes out of their way to say things they know will upset...

So long as there is the possibility of an unambiguous resolution with the continuation of the franchise and the actors prepared to play the characters on screen, I'm hopeful.
              i feel the same. heck, i could take a scene where neither sam or jack are even on the show anymore but they say they got together.

But after ten years, I understand those of us who have given up. It's a long time. I am continually staggered that TPTB seem to fail to realise that any benefit in keeping the audience guessing about the state of play has now been seriously eroded; people do give up after so long, drift away and move on to other shows.
              i know. they think we give up on that ship and move to another. well, we do, but on *another show*. we give up and move away from the show, not just switch to another ship on the same show.

My own disappointment at the lack of a resolution beyond the ambiguity of Threads and fishing is huge because for me it feels like that invisible contract a writer creates when introducing a storyline has not been honoured because it has failed to pay off in the expected way. I've invested my time and energy in that storyline and it doesn't feel like I've been repaid for that yet even though I watch for more reasons than just the ship, and I try to keep in mind that it's their creative vision not mine.
              it's like spending a lot of time getting one after another ingredients of a mouth watering recipe, expecting to see the entire dish shown at the end. but it gets to the end and we never see the dish they'd spent so much time making me want. i want to see it and taste it!

I am equally continually staggered that it seems to go ignored that by resolving the ship completely it would give a new angle for the characters (marriage & happiness) and would enable them to move onto other stories.
              *nods*

So I'm still going to be hopeful despite my disappointment and the comments of others. I may temper that hope with caution because of my past disappointments but while there are TV movies, SGA and the actors are still interested in playing the characters...well, let's play the music and dance.
              *nods*

while the show goes on, hope continues. while the actors still play the characters, hope continues.

we've got 'continuum' to hope with, the third movie to hope with, atlantis to hope with, the third series to hope with.

while i DO believe that sam and jack are together (married ), i want to see/hear the proof of it. there.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

here's something i'd like to throw out to the shippers. if/when they show that sam and jack have gotten together (meaning we see or hear it), do you think you'll lose interest?

my answer: HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!

i don't only enjoy the chase, i want to enjoy living at the destination i was going for. and there's soooooooooooooooo much to show with sam and jack being together, which could be revealed bits and pieces at a time over time. it's so simple a concept that i can't believe... it's all in the writing. simply and no more.

thoughts?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  just noticed a MAJOR continuity error in Season 10, Episode 14 "The Shroud".

In the first scene where you see Jack he has two stars on his jacket... (spoiled for size)

Spoiler:
                  http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg252/sarailovesjack/shroud0094.jpg

In the second scene (talking to Daniel) only one star...

Spoiler:
                  http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg252/sarailovesjack/shroud0123.jpg

Anyone else noticed this? Maybe one fell off... I'm far too beady-eyed for this time of night.

I have to admit I never notice those kinds of things the first time around as I am to busy drooling over one certain brown eyed General-yummy!!!

Yes...GW is being a pain in the mikta tonight...

Just want to share a shippy flash from today...especially in light of all the talk this week that may have left people down and discouraged.

I don't know...maybe it was the blue jello I had for lunch (seriously! I was at this cafeteria and they had blue jello! Of course, I had to have some...)...but I was musing over the past couple of seasons and thinking about Sam in Atlantis, and really, when you think about it, except for the fact that we'd really like to see more blatant ship, there is absolutely no way, IMHSO, to deny that Sam and Jack are together.

I know we've said this all before, but sometimes I think it never hurts to remind ourselves what we know. Yes...it's the shipper's credo...from Not Exactly...to "d'oh!"...to "Fishing"...to shoulder touching in The Shroud...to Jack's mention of Sam twice in The Return...to
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack's picture in Sam's quarters...to the fishing picture on the credenza in her office
                  ...we are being told without actually being told...and while we may yearn for (and in some cases believe we deserve!) more, I for one can't say I'm unhappy with what we've been given.

Take, for example...
                  Spoiler:
                  the pictures in her office. I was thinking specifically about those as I was rewatching S4 of SGA this afternoon...and while we see solo pictures of Jacob, Daniel, Cassie and Teal'c...the only picture with Sam herself in it is the one of her and Jack fishing. Anyone walking into that office and thinking twice about those pictures would understand that there's meaning in that picture. And of course the viewers, who understand the coded reference to fishing, know exactly what that meaning is. You don't put a picture like that in your office if you've broken up with the guy. You don't put a picture like that in your office if you don't want people to see you as a couple. You don't put a picture like that in your office if it doesn't have a deep personal meaning for you. And you certainly don't keep a candid picture of you former CO in your quarters if you're not in love and involved in him. She's too old for a school-girl stunt of keeping a picture of someone she's not involved with in her room...and if she's broken up with him, then I would think a picture would be a too painful reminder of a relationship that didn't work out.
                  IMHO, then, there's only one conclusion to be reached. And that is that they are together! (We'll save the "married/notmarried" issue for another time!)

Anyway...that's my blue-jello induced rambling for the day. ATM I'm in my shipper happy place and anxiously anticipating the next part of SGA, hoping (x 14!!!) for another subtle hint! I'll be back later with the summary of tonight's ep!
                  Oh APA! That was so well put! Exactly what I was thinking, but could never ever put it as well as you.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    here's something i'd like to throw out to the shippers. if/when they show that sam and jack have gotten together (meaning we see or hear it), do you think you'll lose interest?

my answer: HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!

i don't only enjoy the chase, i want to enjoy living at the destination i was going for. and there's soooooooooooooooo much to show with sam and jack being together, which could be revealed bits and pieces at a time over time. it's so simple a concept that i can't believe... it's all in the writing. simply and no more.

thoughts?
                    sally
                    I completly agree. I would love more than anything to get real confirmation that they are together or married, and it would do nothing to diminish my interest. I'm rewatching the series for the second time, and I'm getting ready to start season 6. I finally got season 7 and 8 for Christmas to complete the series and I can't wait to watch season 8 to see all the wonderful shippiness.
                    slightly OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Unfortunatly, some jerk broke into my car and stole season 7 and 8 and some of my other christmas presents, so now I have a huge car repair pill to pay before I can even think about buying those seasons again. Sometimes people are such jerks!
                    sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
                    I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
                    Danielle

Comment

IMHO, then, there's only one conclusion to be reached. And that is that they are together!
                      while i DO believe that sam and jack are together (married ), i want to see/hear the proof of it. there.
                      Yes and yes.
                      Um....no. Jack's not even on the show anymore...so it would be pretty much like it is now-we look for tidbits about the ship-the only difference being we'd have proof they were together, not just know it in our hearts. If Jack were still around or in the movies...it would never be completely about the ship, we'd still have to watch for those moments because they'd still be few and far between, seeing as how they like to keep things professional-like. But if I knew for certain they were together, everything would have a...shippy glow about it(even more than it does now). I don't even know if this makes sense, but I have to go get ready for SGA to come on! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by vball2003_1999 View Post
                        I completly agree. I would love more than anything to get real confirmation that they are together or married, and it would do nothing to diminish my interest. I'm rewatching the series for the second time, and I'm getting ready to start season 6. I finally got season 7 and 8 for Christmas to complete the series and I can't wait to watch season 8 to see all the wonderful shippiness.
                        slightly OT
                        Spoiler:
                        Unfortunatly, some jerk broke into my car and stole season 7 and 8 and some of my other christmas presents, so now I have a huge car repair pill to pay before I can even think about buying those seasons again. Sometimes people are such jerks!
                        Spoiler:

That's horrible. It makes me sooo angry. *gives hug* I can't believe people can be so terrible.

Comment

Not a chance. I've seen them at work and rest. Now I want to see them playing and in love.

I've stuck around to see the rehearsal...now I wanna see the show.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

ya know i love the comentaries, in fact i have been educating my new flat mate on the joys of stargate andin particular the commentaries. I love to watch the ep with the commentaries more than i do the original ep what i do is put on the subtitles that way i still know whats going on, i have learnt so much froom listening to the commentaries that i will hopefully be able to put into use. I love peter deluise's commentaries absolutely hilarious, amandas are great as well and like some have said you find out some great tid bits about scenes that were cut and the direction they were going in see beneath the surface and lost city for eg
                            bex who is loving vancouver he he

Live for today, for one day there will not be a tomorrow

Help me get to film school

One Year, £8000 to raise. Just what will i do to raise it?

Comment

Carter! Didn't you tell me that you repaired GW's slow loading time?
                              Yes, Sir, I did. It was really just due to-
                              Ah-ah-ah!! Why aren't they here?
                              Who...?
                              The shippers. You know, our fans.
                              Oh. Well... I don't know, Sir. I'm sure they're lurking around here somewhere...
                              Why aren't they posting?
                              I don't know! Am I supposed to know everything?
                              *raises eyebrow* You are the genius here.
                              sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                i have no idea how to submit it lol, thanks for the edback
                                Sorry dude! Lemme be a little more specific. Click HERE to submit a vid directly, or go to the forum, get yourself an account, and then start a new thread HERE to show everyone your vid. Then the Kawoosh! people will post it for ya!
                                --Kate

Comment

Working...
                                X