X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also...

GOOD MORNING SHIP FAMILY

Favourite ship moment of the day...

In Citizen Joe where Jack and Sam are flirting over the phone at the start. Also noticed for the first time ever he talks about Kerry in the this convo, yeeuggh...I'm so blind (or deaf depending on how you look at it)

Comment

reposted with permission, and please pass it onto any AT3 attendees that might not get it

Happy New Year everyone! Well the Gabit machinery is now well and truly soldiering along nicely, and has pushed up the gears to get everything done in the next 16 weeks (if it's not done by the 17th week then it's too late!!!).

So it's that time where I ask all Cocktail party ticket holders for AT3 to send me an email and let me know if they do or don't have any dietary requirements, vegetarians, vegans, allergies etc. I can then make sure that if necessary a separate plated meal is brought to your table which will not cause any problems. The reason I have to know how many vegetarians there are is so we cater enough of that sort of option. I need to know within the next two weeks please as I will be seeing the catering manager at that point at the hotel.

Even if you emailed me last time or at AT1 could you resend. It saves me ploughing through my last spread sheet and I can start afresh.

Mail should go to:- [email protected]

If there are Samandans who are coming to AT3 who do not frequent this thread could you give them the heads up on this please. I will also post to the Yahoo group and our own forum.

Thanks everyone!

Julia
      G4
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starflight View Post
        Mary, Was it perhaps this picture:

In spoilers for size:

Spoiler:

[/SPOILERS]
        It is SO weird to see Chris Judge without the gold Jaffa symbol on his forehead!

Mornin, Shippers. Gonna go work on stuff (like my lack of sleep, maybe an S/J sig or three, a mini-fic, that kind of thing).
        Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
        "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
        sigpic
        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

this is a little OT, but i have to ask

Spoiler:
          has anyone else had a really really bad week or is it just me?
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Sciffy Alert!

SciFi Channel is running a Stargate Atlantis S4 marathon today in anticipation of tonights back-half of the season premiere.

The episode "Reunion" is scheduled to air at 1 pm EST, for those of you who may have missed
            Spoiler:
            seeing the picture of Jack in Sam's quarters as she unpacks.

"Tabula Rasa", another good Sam episode airs at 4 pm EST and "The Seer", the other one where Sam has a major role is on at 6 pm EST.

FYI!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              Before I head off to bed, shippers, I have just one thing I want to share.

I've had, in mara's absence, the pleasure of beta-ing a couple of chapters of gater62's fabulous fic Migraine...and I was so inspired by it that I was compelled to write some song lyrics (...even had some music that went with it but while my head will retain the words, my fingers can never find the same melody twice, I'm afraid ) ...anyway...maybe some of our more talented musicians out there could do something with it...

Spoilered cuz...well, it just seemed like the thing to do...

Spoiler:
              In Your Eyes I’m Home

by AstraPerAspera

The stars that I gaze upon
              Are not the stars I’ve known.
              The winds that gently kiss my face
              Blow from far shores unknown.
              As far from you as I can be, adrift and all alone;
              It matters not because I know no matter where I roam,
              I see your face and in your eyes…I’m home.

I’ve fought the fight a thousand times
              And weary I have grown.
              Surrender beckons oh so sweet,
              My burdens freed and flown.
              Yet I survive, though far from you, emboldened, if alone;
              It matters not because I know no matter where I roam,
              I see your face and in your eyes… I’m home.

At times I’m lost and so afraid
              Of what I’ve got to lose.
              I’ve risked it all and in the end
              I finally have to choose.
              But when it’s done and I can see
              Your eyes of love for me,
              It’s in those eyes I finally know…I’m home.
              This was so beautiful! *sniffs* I totally agree with Brooke. When I first read it, my immediate thought was it needs a video!

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
              Heres the link for my just finshed Shippy Angst Vid

Enjoy!!

Apoligize
              I enjoyed your vid so much Atlantis Babe! Truly angsty!
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                CONGRATS ON 200!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
                Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                Congratulations on 200 posts!!!!
                Thanks mad gater and Sarai!
                --Kate

Comment

Heres the link for my just finshed Shippy Angst Vid

Enjoy!!

Apoligize
                  Oh my! That was beautiful Atlantis Babe! Great vid!!! You should submit it to Kawoosh! So angsty! Love it!
                  --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    I thought
                    Spoiler:
                    that the scene had definitely been cut from the ep. I thought the question was whether it will make the extras DVD for S4 of SGA. Isn't that what Martin had say-so over---which deleted scenes made the disc?

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
                    You're right. It's just that his recent comments contradict other things he's said about that scene in the past- ergo we doubt the veracity of anything he's said about it.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Gater62, I can't wait to read your fic! I'm sure it's great!!

Wow, everyone has been so busy! *Thinks to self, "We are the knights who say NEE!"* I think I will have to do a vid in the next couple of weeks. I miss hanging around with you all. Such a bummer to be working my...well...bum off during the busy discussion times!

VSS, how is your corner of MT treating you?
                    You'll love that fic of Gater62's though I'm going to spam her PM box until she gets it done. And my little corner
                    Spoiler:
                    of MT isn't bad, got some snow after Christmas- big windstorm yesterday knocked over the covered bench my husband built in the garden- and yesterday my son wanted to know "Mom, what's the windiest state in the country? Then I open the paper and see they're putting in a wind farm in Baker.

<snip for space>

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    <snip for space>
                    I keep reiterating this; JM has plenty of experience in keeping the gossip and hype of the TV industry alive. He's yanking our chains, it's ALL about building up the hype so more people watch/buy the series.

Let's not count our chickens before they are hatched....
                    Maybe we should count our chickens before they're dead.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    So, I dropped by to catch up and figured I would add my own two-penny worth to recent discussions.

(spoiler for space)
                    [SPOILERS]While I'm not going to chime in on whether a certain poster is a troll or not, I do have sympathy with disillusioned shippers who have either given up completely on any resolution or who simply are unable to continue to hope for a resolution. Some are sad; some are bitter. Of course, some manage to express that in a way that doesn't insult those of us still wishing and hoping and I hope those shippers still feel that this is a safe place to come and express doubts or share their pain.

There's no doubt that last ten years of shipping has been a roller-coaster; there have been ups (D&C, BtS, Entity, Threads) and downs (Chimera, Affinity). I am still hopeful. So long as there is the possibility of an unambiguous resolution with the continuation of the franchise and the actors prepared to play the characters on screen, I'm hopeful.

But after ten years, I understand those of us who have given up. It's a long time. I am continually staggered that TPTB seem to fail to realise that any benefit in keeping the audience guessing about the state of play has now been seriously eroded; people do give up after so long, drift away and move on to other shows.

My own disappointment at the lack of a resolution beyond the ambiguity of Threads and fishing is huge because for me it feels like that invisible contract a writer creates when introducing a storyline has not been honoured because it has failed to pay off in the expected way. I've invested my time and energy in that storyline and it doesn't feel like I've been repaid for that yet even though I watch for more reasons than just the ship, and I try to keep in mind that it's their creative vision not mine.

Equally, I can get annoyed at some of the anti-ship statements made by actors and TPTB over the years; all of them have had a hand in creating the dynamic and the storyline so why disappoint fans by failing to follow-through or playing mind-games?

They are entitled to their opinion as I am entitled to mine and I can appreciate that after ten years actors want to play something different with the characters; the writers want to move on. I am equally continually staggered that it seems to go ignored that by resolving the ship completely it would give a new angle for the characters (marriage & happiness) and would enable them to move onto other stories.

But.

Here I am and I am still hopeful that at some point, someway I'll get the resolution.

Maybe it's because I keep in mind that it could be worse; my other favourite TV show hinted at a ship between characters and then dropped it completely without any resolution when it was cancelled. Many of the ships I've followed have never had a resolution before the shows have ended. So maybe for me while the shows are still on air, there is always that hope that maybe, possibly...

So I'm still going to be hopeful despite my disappointment and the comments of others. I may temper that hope with caution because of my past disappointments but while there are TV movies, SGA and the actors are still interested in playing the characters...well, let's play the music and dance.
                    Green for you. Well-put. The bolded part irritates me the most, especially since ship is popular with the general fan base- even the anti-shippers know that. I just don't get why TPTB and especially the writers would want to see a popular story arc, and perhaps the longest-running arc the show has- fizzle out. It boggles the mind from a practical standpoint, never mind how someone feels about the ship.

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                    <snip for space>
                    I think now that RDA is off the show and she can't be tagged as "jack's girl" she's more open to it if what JM has said recently (ok a few months recently) in his blog to be true (can't recall what specifically but I remember it had to do with the shooting an ep in the first half of SGA season 4 and AT comeing to him worried about something that was S/J related). Only AT knows what her true thoughts are.

<snip for space>
                    That was when JM said there was a scene in which Sam mentioned she was recommended for the post by O'Neill, and AT and a writer both came by and said it would have an "appearance of impropriety" so they added Woolsey's name. They never used the scene, I think, but we all thought it was a nice thing since it implied that the actor and writer thought there was a relationship between O'Neill and Carter.

this is a little OT, but i have to ask

Spoiler:
                    has anyone else had a really really bad week or is it just me?
                    Not just you.

Comment

(((Atlantis Babe and VSS))) I hope you both have a better weekend than week! You all need a hug:

sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by starflight View Post
                        Mary, Was it perhaps this picture:

In spoilers for size:

Spoiler:
                        http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/starflight_sg1/NUC-06PR-0002.jpg

I think I have an 8x10 of this picture - or at least one from this event. I will have to check when I get home and see if it this exact one.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        I know! Teal'c and Landry = teh yum.
                        Dude. I think I developing a bit of a 'net crush on you. You rock

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          Congratulations, Nikki, on 4,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, sillyscipia, on 900 posts!!!

Congratulations, john and teyla for life, on 200 posts!!!
                          CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!

how cute!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!
                            Can't remember if i did congrats but if i didnt...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MILESTONERS!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              Dude. I think I developing a bit of a 'net crush on you. You rock
                              *giggles and twirls hair*

Oh good. Because my 'net crush on you is well and truly developed.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*giggles and twirls hair*

Oh good. Because my 'net crush on you is well and truly developed.
                                *giggles* Sweet. We can fangurl an crush on eachother then.

*ahem*

How 'bout that 'ship!

Comment

Working...
                                X