X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    *huggles the breath outta Seahen*

good for you!!
    Thanks. Leave some breath for next weeks game!

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    looks like she's seducing Jack with her eyes......giving him a "you want me don't you?" look that he will definitely respond to this time unlike in Broca Divide.....
    LOL

Broca Divide:
    Want me?
    No. No, not like this, for crying out loud!

Ark of Truth promo picture:
    Want me?
    Do you even need to ask?

Comment

Well, I've got to scat. Night shippers!! Have a great week...tomorrow's Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        This is more Sam based comment than S&J so I guess I'll throw it in spoiler tags
        Spoiler:

I think I'm in the minority here, but I had no problem with Mitchell having command of SG-1 over Sam. True, she probably deserved it more, but I think she serves the TV show better by being in "the scientist" role. When she was in command of SG-1, she didn't have anyone to technobabble to except herself. True, she could "babble" to Teal'c and Daniel to explain her decisions but why should she? She's the commander, it's up to them to advise her on her options so that she can make an informed decision, not her tell them why she's making a decision. O'Neill, and later Mitchell, was basically a tool that TPTP could use as a chance to explain the science to the audience. By bringing in Mitchell, Sam's back in the Scientist role and has someone to technobabble to. So, what I'm saying is it serves the show better for Mitchell to be in command, not that it makes sense if that were a real senario. Mitchell was the senior officer as he was a Lt Col before Sam was-so the show did get it right that he was the ranking officer of the team. Although if this were a real senario, SG-1 probably would have been broken up after a few years to spread their expeirence around.

Now on Atlantis, I think her being in command works great since they already have a scientist, who can still babble to Sheppard, so they're not losing anything by bringing her in, in fact I think they are gaining a great sounding board for both Sheppard and McKay, since Sam's experience cover's both their expertise.

Oh and you're right, TPTP should so totally include in a Carter centric episode in season 5.
        I agree!!

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
        I'm just curious, but how do we know he was a Lt. Col. then? Was it on his uniform or something?

Ah, camo. We have dress-up days every Friday for the football games, and last week was camo. There were so many mini SG team member look-a-likes!

Sometimes, if a student is upset they aren't line leader, I tell them they're my second in command. That usually makes them happy.

I also have a student named Sandra...and I have, on accident, almost called her Cassandra. It was no coincidence the night before I'd written a chapter to my fic involving Cassie.

Yes, I have SG moments all the time...everywhere.
        LOL!!!!!!! How cute!!

Originally posted by zuz View Post
        Here it is another Ark of Truth promoshot.

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

I have to find a really nice pic of Jack in desert cammos and add it in the above one.
        looks like she's about to take on the universe....

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Why do guys clam up and get nervous when they think they have said something wrong? I'm chatting to my friend and asked if he's coming to see fireworks with me tomorrow night... he replied that he will wait to see if "the others" decided to come.

I said "what? I'm not good enough?"

I was only joking, but he got a bit worked up trying to take back his words.

Hmmm... even more OT stuff:

Spoiler:
        I moved all my stuff back home today... I'm here for the summer. So yes... I'm am watching Stargate in my mother's basement.
        your friend needs to be slapped upside the head....

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        *blushes furiously*

Thanks, mara...you are kind. But don't sell yourself short! *prods and points at secret santa list*
        ((((((((((((Susannah)))))))))))))

so modest ya are.....but you are good with pics and.....stuff.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

The infirmary scene in Grace is of course a great comparison to the scene in Threads where she's finally got the courage to be emotionally honest with him and as a result finally gets her answer.
          yes. *sighs*

i think by moving on, but moving on to another man, sam *really* saw how wrong it all was. deciding to ignore your feelings or putting them in a room was one thing, but actively going through the process and being with another man... i think sam saw how much she was truly in love with jack. when pete got serious with sam is when i think the comparisons started. would this be a nice life, or would this be the perfect life with the right choice? sam's heart one out, after some serious suffering first.

sally ((( )))
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

Re Grace:

In the infirmary scene when Sam calls Jack 'Jack' I never saw it as anything more than her thinking she was still hallucinating.
            me too.

which is why when jack said 'excuse me', sam realized that she was back in reality, so no more kissing and no more building up the nerve.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

am going to work on chapter 3 of my sam /jack fic on wednesday,started a daniel/sam fic tonight.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
              Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
              http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                Thanks APA, saved me the search...but see she says story with pics!

Kay, coz that's about the only thing I can offer!

AHHHHHHH!!!!! Retina. Burning....help....

*sigh* I feel better...
                ah-ha! - looks like Jack's arm is touching Sam's hand in that shot....

Again??? Wasn't that how we got Adria???
                ROFL SUSANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Shippers...as much fun as I'm having, my body is telling me that it's 3:30 even though the clock on the computer says only 2:30...and since I have to get up relatively early tomorrow and would hate to fall asleep with my laptop on my lap like I did last night (still have crick in neck... ), I should pack it in.

And to leave you with some shippy images....

Later, mara! Night all!
                need a neck massage?

*rubs susannah's neck*

hope that helps....

heehee for the first pic:

Jack: You're packing the ZPM?!?!?!?!
                Sam: Yes
                Jack: But.....But......I wanna play with it some more
                Sam: No Jack. The new ship needs this thing.....but we can play later if a like....if you're good.....*winks seductively*
                Jack (smiling): Yes Ma'am!!

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
                How about some more behind the scenes shananigans...

I thought Shananigans was the name of an Irish pub....

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                CONGRATS

to Jena on Big Honkin 7,500

and

to mara on Big Honkin 2,400 posts!

WTG, gals!

CONGRATS FOM ME TOO!!!!!!!

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                Hey everyone I'm feeling the need to immerse myself in s/j shippiness
                Immerse away!!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                10 pages since yesterday? You've been busy. Sorry that I can't catch up properly.

Welcome TrueRomantic

I think I rewinded it more then once

SECRET SANTA'S LIST
                1. RepliCartertje
                2. luvnjack
                3. zuz
                4. L.A. Doyle
                5. cess525
                6. chelle
                7. APA
                8. Gater62
                9. mara
                10. SamJackShiplover

Of course I'm in. I can't remember what I made last year, but I do remember what I got ..... so cute ....

Well, you've come to the right place

Oldie but goodie:

NIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Yup, and we're supposed to believe Jack wants her to stop
                bet Jack got warmed up pretty quick

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                From me too!!!

Jena you aren't that cold hearted atleast IMO!

But it's unique...and I love them

WTG Jena!!

Yup...covered...all those gutter fishing thoughts...lovely...

I can remember what you gave me last year All those lovely pictures Squee...it was fun to do!

Argh...still tired as hell...Friend thought it was fun last night to go Lasergaming... (after me being already very tired) ...but plus point was that I won...and also had the best score of the day...
                you won a game of laser tag whilst being tired? either that means you are one extremely talented lady (gutter intended...) or your friend sux at laser tag badly.......

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                  Huh. What do ya know. This is my 5000th post in this thread. I love this place. I love y'all. *passes out blue jello* Cheers! *clinks jello glasses*
                  oh, my.

congratz on your suuuuuuupeeeer shipping capabilities!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Can someone tell me what rank Sam has in SGA 4? I'm thinking of writing a tag of sorts for Tabula Rasa, but I need her rank.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      Can someone tell me what rank Sam has in SGA 4? I'm thinking of writing a tag of sorts for Tabula Rasa, but I need her rank.
                      Enclosed in spoilers
                      Spoiler:

She is a Colonel.

Comment

I have a question maybe you all can help me with...it's been bothering me since I watched 200 last night in syndication...
                        Spoiler:
                        basically it's the wedding scene...and I know we really don't have to put this in spoilers, but I will anyway...

...we all assumed that the "Sam and Jack" wedding was Vala's contribution to the plot...but when I rewatched it, it occurred to me that maybe it was Daniel's...Vala pokes him and says "Everybody loves a wedding...!" but the camera focuses on him as he seems to stare of a little into the distance. And if you look at the actual wedding scene...Vala is only present for part of it...Daniel is there the whole time...there's the little joke with Jack about what people will think if Sam doesn't show up...and then Sam and Vala beam in and things get underway. Now...admittedly I can't see Daniel actually describing that to Martin aloud...but I tried to think of one of the scenes where Daniel actually suggested a plot-line for the movie, and while Cam, Sam, Teal'c (okay...it was Teal'c: Private Eye, but, still...) and Vala had all made contributions, Daniel hadn't. Not to say that this was his memory of the actual wedding...it's too hammed up for that...but still...if it is Daniel's way-out movie view of what Sam and Jack's wedding would look like in that context, it might very well have been based on a real event (no asgard, tho...). And I'm sorry, but the first shot afterward is of Sam with the "cat that swallowed the canary" look on her face. And like we've said: there are no random camera shots in this show.

Now, all of that...combined with the picture of Daniel in the tux, from that same scene...sitting in Sam's office in Atlantis...

...I'm just sayin'...

sigpic

Comment

Enclosed in spoilers
                          Spoiler:

She is a Colonel.
                          Really?
                          Spoiler:
                          Because how can she be in charge if that is true? Wouldn't she be outranked by Sheppard?

Also, is it the Daedalus that goes to Atlantis? And how often can people/supplies come through the gate from SGC?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen Undomiel View Post
                            Good afternoon everybody! I'm back from the country, and realized you went mad in that few days and wrote a LOT!

I think the adult age is 18 all over Europe...maybe except in the UK.

Welcome to the thread! I also dream about sg occasionally. Just last night I dreamt about Sam being an alterran in the past and with Sheppard. She sat in a shiney chair, and made something magic I think, not remember really now. Just that Sam and John were there, as ancients...a bit of strange.. (maybe it's the influence of that fic novel one of my friend writes...yes, novel, not short story)

But less than enough..

Congrats on 5000 post starlover1990!
                            CONGRATS FROM ME TOO JANN!!!!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            Interesting (the bolded part). I remember thinking exactly the same thing, that Sam had finally decided on pursuing Jack. I was so sure that was her decision. I was totally surprised when she didn't. I never really figured out what happened to make her change her mind.
                            I think TIIC changed it for her......

Darn it! That Lab is full! I hate being a freshman, I never get the classes I want.
                            there's still room in the "Massage techniques guaranteed to put you in the gutter" class....required part of the major in gutter studies....taught by yours truly.......and still plenty of room....I have infinite space for this class....

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                            Just had to finish this clip before I went downstairs...

But always remember...I'm 100% innocent
                            riiiiiiiiiiiight!!

better check that halo of yours.....looks dirty again to me......

Comment

I have a question maybe you all can help me with...it's been bothering me since I watched 200 last night in syndication...
                              Spoiler:
                              basically it's the wedding scene...and I know we really don't have to put this in spoilers, but I will anyway...

...we all assumed that the "Sam and Jack" wedding was Vala's contribution to the plot...but when I rewatched it, it occurred to me that maybe it was Daniel's...Vala pokes him and says "Everybody loves a wedding...!" but the camera focuses on him as he seems to stare of a little into the distance. And if you look at the actual wedding scene...Vala is only present for part of it...Daniel is there the whole time...there's the little joke with Jack about what people will think if Sam doesn't show up...and then Sam and Vala beam in and things get underway. Now...admittedly I can't see Daniel actually describing that to Martin aloud...but I tried to think of one of the scenes where Daniel actually suggested a plot-line for the movie, and while Cam, Sam, Teal'c (okay...it was Teal'c: Private Eye, but, still...) and Vala had all made contributions, Daniel hadn't. Not to say that this was his memory of the actual wedding...it's too hammed up for that...but still...if it is Daniel's way-out movie view of what Sam and Jack's wedding would look like in that context, it might very well have been based on a real event (no asgard, tho...). And I'm sorry, but the first shot afterward is of Sam with the "cat that swallowed the canary" look on her face. And like we've said: there are no random camera shots in this show.

Now, all of that...combined with the picture of Daniel in the tux, from that same scene...sitting in Sam's office in Atlantis...

...I'm just sayin'...

I want to believe.
                              Spoiler:

Seriously though, after hearing JM's take on his blog about the soprano's ending-specifically about POV camera angles, I think you may be on to something. I wish we could get a better shot of all the pictures on Sam's desk.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                Really?
                                Spoiler:
                                Because how can she be in charge if that is true? Wouldn't she be outranked by Sheppard?

Also, is it the Daedalus that goes to Atlantis? And how often can people/supplies come through the gate from SGC?
                                Spoiler:

Shepard is a Lt Colonel, which is one grade below Colonel, so she outranks him.

I'm not as up to speed on all the Atlantis stuff. I believe it is the Daedalus that usually goes to Atlantis. Other than that, I always get confused with who has what ZPM and how many, and whether it's depleted or if they even need one anymore. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X