This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Jennifer, I don't think you should have hesitated in sending this. We can always agree to disagree here. You are a great addition to this thread...and your comments have cheered me up more than once.

<cut>

I say this not as an indictment of your opinion. Normally, I think you are spot on. I'm simply not willing to let TPTB off the hook on the premise of "business reasons." I just feel very strongly on this issue. TPTB don't have to marry them off for me to be satisfied. I just want one onscreen BHK between our Sam & Jack (minus alien influences, AU or any other plot device that would allow TPTB to skirt the issue), and I want an open acknowledgement that they are pursuing a romantic relationship with each other. Those two things would satisfy me. It's not too much to ask for a decade of devotion to a storyline that they created and built themselves.

IMHO. Rant over. Thanks for listening.
    Sure, no problem. And I actually agree with a lot of what you said. I *personally* think they are making a big mistake. I just can understand why they think they are doing the right thing. Make sense?

Slightly OT, I'm currently in the process of reading through a mystery series and last night I suddenly realized that, during the course of almot 20 books, the guy has met the girl, fallen in love, gotten married, and had a kid. Strangely enough, he has managed to continue solving crimes despite having a life. Now, I assume since these books have been regularly republished throughout the English speaking world for almost 100 years, the obvious ship can't have hurt sales too much! This happens a lot in literature. Why is it that ship can be allowed to progress so nicely through a series of books but it is considered death in many circles for it to progress on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Ticked off, but hopeful. Ah, to be a shipper. And shouldn't we be asleep? I know it's late in our time zone!
      For me, it's early. Best time to squeee... before everyone else wakes up and wants breakfast! And I have the VCR to myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
        Spoiler:
        did anyone see what sam put in the treasure chest in the quest
        It was some piece of technology, looks a bit like a portable radio with the headfone wires rapped around it, but it's pretty hard to say!

Spoiler:

Comment

i doubt if it was anything jack worthy or sentimental she wouldnt hav parted with it
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
          http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
          http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            You go, girl! I'm not buying S9, no way, no matter what! But if S10 turns out all right...I'm still open to that!
            I'm buying 9 and 10. If it's just for the bonus or whatever sweet smiles Sam shares with us.
            It would be stupid to have a gap in the collection and I promised myself I would buy all the DVD's!
            But I know for a fact TPTB won't make much money with the S9 DVD's. 3/4 don't want to buy it

Comment

Man, all it takes is one anti comment to send me running back here as fast as I can! It was an accident, I promise I didn't stray into the anti thread. It burned my eyes and depressed me for approximately 2.4 seconds. Then I high-tailed it outta there and remembered I have THE best ship EVER.

Comment

i doubt if it was anything jack worthy or sentimental she wouldnt hav parted with it
                You know about what that makes me think? If she had never given Pete's ring back she could have put that one in. For closure.
                Doesn't that remind you of a Mac scene in JAG? Where she gives Mic's rick to free an American prisoner or something like that.

Comment

Told yas, it get's her eveytime.
                  Lesleyp:

Seriously guys, just poppin in outta habit. Really think it's important to clarify. I'm not deserting the family. And my planned Hiatus has nuthin to do with the discussion of yesterday. One of our members was havin a bad day I think and needs a little love and understandin is all.

The reason is that I'm tryin to write you guys two sequels..lol They're both pretty intense, action, with shippy stuffage. And I keep getting drawn into conversations and away from my stories. Really, I try not to. Just not working for me.

So that's it. I'll be lurkin from time to time. I'm not gone,completely. Just trying to write, raise my kid, and work . Feel free to email if ya want.
                  I'll be back when I'm ready to start postin chapters.

I love S/J just way too much to go for good. And love hearin what you guys have to say.

As for the grits incident, I'll try to be brief:

Ya, brief. I like brief.

We have a breakfast cereal up here called "Cream of wheat". Cdns now know where I'm going with this...roflmao.
                  It looks very much like grits, but it's made, obvioulsy with wheat, not corn, and is not as coarse as grits.

It is eaten with milk, sugar, (I like brown sugar on mine) and I'll add maple syrup if I have it. Grits I learned in Kentucky is eaten with butter and perhaps salt and pepper.

So I'm at the Pancake House with their lovely breakfast buffet. Scoop up a nice bowl of "Cream of Wheat" - how lovely of the place to offer it...and well now you know. And they taste the same, with grits just a tad lumpier, which was fine with me, cause that's how I make my cream of wheat

Apparently I'm not the first Cdn to have done this at the lovely establishment as the waitress knew right off...I was Canadian...

So embarrassing.
                  I thought it was cute.
                  Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
                  Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
                  Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleyp

Told yas, it get's her eveytime.
                    Lesleyp:

Seriously guys, just poppin in outta habit. Really think it's important to clarify. I'm not deserting the family. And my planned Hiatus has nuthin to do with the discussion of yesterday. One of our members was havin a bad day I think and needs a little love and understandin is all.

The reason is that I'm tryin to write you guys two sequels..lol They're both pretty intense, action, with shippy stuffage. And I keep getting drawn into conversations and away from my stories. Really, I try not to. Just not working for me.

So that's it. I'll be lurkin from time to time. I'm not gone,completely. Just trying to write, raise my kid, and work . Feel free to email if ya want.
                    I'll be back when I'm ready to start postin chapters.

I love S/J just way too much to go for good. And love hearin what you guys have to say.

As for the grits incident, I'll try to be brief:

Ya, brief. I like brief.

We have a breakfast cereal up here called "Cream of wheat". Cdns now know where I'm going with this...roflmao.
                    It looks very much like grits, but it's made, obvioulsy with wheat, not corn, and is not as coarse as grits.

It is eaten with milk, sugar, (I like brown sugar on mine) and I'll add maple syrup if I have it. Grits I learned in Kentucky is eaten with butter and perhaps salt and pepper.

So I'm at the Pancake House with their lovely breakfast buffet. Scoop up a nice bowl of "Cream of Wheat" - how lovely of the place to offer it...and well now you know. And they taste the same, with grits just a tad lumpier, which was fine with me, cause that's how I make my cream of wheat

Apparently I'm not the first Cdn to have done this at the lovely establishment as the waitress knew right off...I was Canadian...

So embarrassing.
                    I thought it was cute.
                    Lesley! (((Lesleyp))) I will miss your posts and those cute little smiley stories. I guess I can handle it as long as I know you are writing. It is true GW takes one away from other activities...believe me, I know. See ya around and take care!

Comment

i d be pretty pissed if i was jack and she was still hanging onto petes ring, hopefully the had a closure ceremony of their own...throwing the ring into a fire or hot acid whilst dancing and making joyus love.not exactly in that order

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

i d be pretty pissed if i was jack and she was still hanging onto petes ring, hopefully the had a closure ceremony of their own...throwing the ring into a fire or hot acid whilst dancing and making joyus love.not exactly in that order
                        Yeah, but that scenario would have been good if she wasn't with Jack yet. Sorry, forgot to clarify.

If she was with Jack and still had the ring then I think the first thing they would have done together is make sure that ring burns in hell. Hahahahahaha!!!!* insert evil laugh sound*

We're going to miss you Lesley but if you keep writing then I'm happy. Take care of yourself and your kid. (((((Lesley)))))

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                          Lesley! (((Lesleyp))) I will miss your posts and those cute little smiley stories. I guess I can handle it as long as I know you are writing. It is true GW takes one away from other activities...believe me, I know. See ya around and take care!

She'll be back

Lesleyp: (((LA Doyle)))

And you got writin of your own to do Ms. Doyle.
                          What? You're gonna start pestering two of them
                          It's what I do

I'm a classy woman. I gave his ring back when we broke up.
                          Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
                          Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
                          Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

there is no doubt in my mind that sam and jack are together, after threads and moebius, so i ll be hopeful that when they next encounter each other it will be nothing but full of loving gazes, hand touching, kissing, flirting etc......i m being positive....only problem with this is if it doesnt happen then i will most likely be horribly dissapointed and lose faith in TPTB...

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

She'll be back

It's what I do

I'm a classy woman. I gave his ring back when we broke up.
                              ohh but hot acid is so much cooler!

sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

She'll be back

It's what I do
                                Yes sir! *salutes Jack* Well, no writing tonight(this morning). Ms. Doyle is off to bed. See you later shipper family.

Comment

Working...
                                X