This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Of course it's only TV and I will not care one bit if we don't get the ship because I have other older shows which will always mean a lot to me , (SG1 won't mean so much if TPTB destroys or ignores the ship by the end of season 10) and I also have new shows starting at the moment and they really have everything I really enjoy . Stargate is not that important to me now either but I reckon that Tptb destroyed my interest in the show .

I have moved on but again like any other shows I watch, I like them to finish on a quite high note . All I need to see is Sam and Jack walking together , Jack holding Sam around the waist ..and say "Let's go home " .That's all I need to see in SG1 as I don't think we will get a kiss ..not in that show .

Even if we get a "Let's go home " ,It does not mean that I will buy the season 9 and 10 , no way because it was too little too late ( mostly ignored = bad storytelling ) and also I don't really care much about the new team at all but at least if there is a movie , I may go and watch it !!!

Caty
    I agree.

I don't want that much either, just knowing for sure is enough. TPTB didn't completely kill my interest because I still very much like Sam besides the ship. And even if they have done a bad job with her recently I still like the intrigue and action that is Stargate. Maybe it's not that good anymore but I still like it. Even more when it's about Sam or the ship.

And I have SGA to hold on also. They have great potential too!

Comment

Hey gals. Hope you all cheer up soon. As for me, think I'm gonna take a break from the board for a week or two. Everyone seems a little down hearted and it's affecting the writing effort a bit.

Just remember, there's still Avalon and the Vancouver Arts thing that RDA and AT are both very involved in. Marketing strategy?

I'm thinkin
      Me too.

Talk to you gals later.

Sig. made by RepliCarterje just for me
      Get RDA on Canada's Walk of Fame: Click this link to find out how
      Love dogs? Have it in your heart for a big barrel of love? Go to malamuterescue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
        when u guys do those great pics like the "consulation" one and all that would u be able to say what eps they are from?? thanks
        I don't remember the scene for the 'consulation' one. Most of the time I remember the episode when I see a pic but that took some time and memory.
        And, maybe it's a manip? Two different pics put together? Nolamon?

Comment

Is there something extra on our General's dog tags????
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee
            when u guys do those great pics like the "consulation" one and all that would u be able to say what eps they are from?? thanks
            That's actually from Atlantis' McKay and Mrs. Miller (Sam) and from season 8's Lockdown (Jack).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
              Is there something extra on our General's dog tags????
              Yet again, a great manip!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Lesleyp
                Hey gals. Hope you all cheer up soon. As for me, think I'm gonna take a break from the board for a week or two. Everyone seems a little down hearted and it's affecting the writing effort a bit.

Just remember, there's still Avalon and the Vancouver Arts thing that RDA and AT are both very involved in. Marketing strategy?

I'm thinkin
                Me too.

Talk to you gals later.

Lesleyp

2 weeks??
                we'll miss you

come back soon
                or better: change your mind and don''t go at all
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover
                  Lesleyp

2 weeks??
                  we'll miss you

come back soon
                  Yeah, what they said!!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Maybe Threads was filmed before RDA decided to stop with the show? And they just don't know how to continue the ship without him (doesn't seem difficult to me lol )? And if he would have stayed things would've been really different in S9&10?

But still, it is sooo wrong for them not to finish what they themselves started in S1-8

Me too, I can think of many shippy scenes with one person missing . I don't know if you watched Alias but in season 5 , regarding the ship (Vaughn/Sydney) ..Vaughn was there only for the 2 opening episodes ...then gone and he came back for the last 3 episodes ..but the season was ever so shippy nonetheless because he was still an integral part of the mythology and his name was mentionned by Syd in every episode .

May be TPTB did wrong to send Jack to the homeland security !!!.. may be they should have made his exit a little dramatic a la Lost city !!! so that his name could be mentioned a lot more . ..or they should have made sure that Jack was still an integral part of the storyline by him sending reports from Homeland security and keeping in touch with the team a bit more by phone calls ..ect...

Also ,when Vaughn came back in Alias , he was used extremely well and not for cameos appearances like Jack is at the moment .
                    All those Cameos of Jack seem inconsistent and when he turned up in episode 200 , they all looked like they hadn't seen him for ages like 1 year ..which is very bizarre because he was still alive and kicking in Washington DC . there was no need for that . The team should have stayed in close contact no matter what .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                      Taking a break...
                      I like your breaks Nolamom...You can take more breaks if you want cause I love them

As for the discussion that is going on atm...don't take everything to personal...everyone is intiteled to their own oppinion...and respect that... I mean just don't hurt otherones feeling....

As for me I am rather new at the forum but I have been watching since the beginning...I feel a lot of the negativism (if you can call it that) what others feel...I just don't try to post them here...and the one reason for that is cause I know some people get affected by it...So try to take that to an anti-thread or something like it...

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Me too, I can think of many shippy scenes with one person missing . I don't know if you watched Alias but in season 5 , regarding the ship (Vaughn/Sydney) ..Vaughn was there only for the 2 opening episodes ...then gone and he came back for the last 3 episodes ..but the season was ever so shippy nonetheless because he was still an integral part of the mythology and his name was mentionned by Syd in every episode .
                        May be TPTB did wrong to send Jack to the homeland security .. may be they should have made his exit a little dramatic a la Lost city !!! so that his name could be mentioned a lot more . ..or they should have made sure that Jack was still an integral part of the storyline by him sending reports and keeping in touch with the team a bit more by phone calls ..ect...

Also when Vaughn came back in Alias , he was used extremely well and not for cameos appearances like Jack is at the moment . All those Cameos of Jack seem inconsistent and whenhe turned up in episode 200 , they all looked like they hadn't seen him for ages like 1 year ..which is very bizarre because he was still alive and kicking . there was no need for that . the team should have stayed in close contact no matter what .

Caty
                        I didn't watch Alias.
                        But I do think TPTB has missed out on so many possibilities regarding RDA / Jack. And I don't only mean the ship, but also teamwise. After 8 years the team means a lot. And like Trupi said, you don't just replace the old ones with some new ones.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          (...)I feel a lot of the negativism (if you can call it that) what others feel...I just don't try to post them here...and the one reason for that is cause I know some people get affected by it...So try to take that to an anti-thread or something like it...
                          I do the same thing...I really think about what I'm going to say and how others might take it, and 'No offense' is not going to make everything OK. It might tone down the rebound effect of the comment, but not cancel it out.
                          Now, to be on topic + = VERY HAPPY SHIPPER!!!! (*hint**hint* TPTB!!)

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

Lesleyp

2 weeks??
                            we'll miss you

come back soon
                            I think they just said it good...don't go Lesley... we will miss you just to much...I mean you really are a great part of this so...we are always sad if one of the family goes
                            But if you think you have to do it...well just know you will be missed...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              I agree.

I don't want that much either, just knowing for sure is enough. TPTB didn't completely kill my interest because I still very much like Sam besides the ship. And even if they have done a bad job with her recently I still like the intrigue and action that is Stargate. Maybe it's not that good anymore but I still like it. Even more when it's about Sam or the ship.

And I have SGA to hold on also. They have great potential too!
                              SGA is very good mythology -wise and I really like the team but if tptb kill the ship or give as little as they can in SG1 , then I don't expect a great ship either in SGA and that bothers me a little , no matter if the mythology is great . I like my ship and don't like the TPTB to mess with it too much . They can mess a little with it and it's allright and every TPTB do it to a certain extent even with shows like X-files , Alias , Jag ect ..the ship was a bit messed around at one time or another . Even in "Lost" the ship is messed around ( Kate/Sawyer/Jack) but I have great faith in JJ Abrams and other producers ..so all good .

SG1 producers have not stopped messing around with the ship for ages and they don't seem like they want to stop ...so to me it says everything regarding SGA too . I will still watch SGA unless they really disappoint me with the only ship I really like in it .

Caty

Comment

I noticed there's been some grousing about the fact that
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam wasn't at the SGC when Jack was there in the beginning of "The Return," or even later when he contacted Landry to tell them the Replicaters were attacking Atlantis. I think it's perfectly fair to assume that Sam was busy on a concurrent mission. ("The Quest," part 1, perhaps?)

Neither did we see or hear from Jack when, at the end of SG-1s Season Nine, Sam was left floating, lost in space.

Which is not to say that including Sam and Jack in these episodes wouldn't have been a great idea. It just didn't happen, for whatever reasons (logistics, budget, availablity, etc).

I thought RDA did a great job with SGAs "The Return." My only complaint was that he wasn't the center of attention, the complete focus of the episode. Oh well.

From what I have read about "The Return," part 2, Jack will really get into "the swim of things," including a scene where Jack dives into the water to"pull the plug" and stop the drowning of Atlantis and everyone residing in Atlantis. I am also looking for some great scenes next March between Woolsey and Jack.

Let's keep writing TPTB and tell them we want more Jack and Sam. RDA told Starlog Mag he's ready to do more work!

Comment

Working...
                                X