• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diantha
    I feel so stupid for having to ask but:
    Spoiler:
    What is a Picard/Crusher ripoff?
    Haha, yeah, I was wondering this too (having been too young to be any kind of shipper when TNG was on...)

Comment

L.A. Doyle, congratulations on getting 2,300 posts!
      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
        L.A. Doyle, congratulations on getting 2,300 posts!
        what she says
        CONGRATULATIONS LAD

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925
          Hey! I'm a relatively new poster here on gateworld, but a HUGE Sam/Jack ship fan...I wanted to ask, does anyone here know where I can find the Sam/Jack theme music? It's so sweet, and i've looked for it for a while without success. Anyone know?
          Hi! *waves* I've seen you over on the con thread. I don't know where you'd find that music. I have some Stargate CD's, but none with music past S1.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            Can you say......the death of Stargate-SG-1?
            Spoiler:
            If they pull a Picard/Crusher, THAT will be the end for me!! That is going tooo far! It would break my Shipper heart and spirit.
            Yes but...

Spoiler:

At least TPTB in Trek managed to do the right thing by Troi/Riker which arguably was the 'main' ship in TNG...even if we did have to wait for the last movie for it...and besides, in my universe Picard and Crusher are on the Enterprise together living happily ever after as Nemesis left it all open-ended.

Like sugarshaker said, I just hope they don't do anything to say Sam and Jack aren't together otherwise no amount of screen time with them marrying in a 'movie' suggestion scenario is going to pacify me.

sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Triskele925
              Haha, yeah, I was wondering this too (having been too young to be any kind of shipper when TNG was on...)
              Definition of a Picard/Crusher ripoff:

Spoiler:
              In the last episode of TNG, Picard and Crusher were shown as having married but divorced in the future (and alternate reality). Hence acknowledging the ship between the characters but providing no happy ending. Of course, TNG ended with Picard saving the timeline and returning to the present so leaving the future to write itself and the possibility of them getting together still alive.

A ripoff of this is for TPTB to show Sam/Jack married but divorced.

sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Hi! *waves* I've seen you over on the con thread. I don't know where you'd find that music. I have some Stargate CD's, but none with music past S1.
                Hey again LA Yeah, I have all the CDs too, and theyre all season one - someone should get on that, I mean its been nine years worth of good music since then...I wonder if anyone's considered compiling one.

In regards to next weeks epsiode, I have to say I'm getting pretty tired of alternate-universe-only-a-fantasy ship situations...I know it's a lot to ask for, but I'm hoping for maybe some reality ship in '200'...

Edited to say:
                Spoiler:
                ACK! A divorce?! I could NOT handle that...

Comment

Just a question in between, does anyone have a picture where Sam and Jack are smiling at each other, Sam with her huge smile?
                  Here's one of Sam's 200watt smiles for Jack from Proving Ground
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your explenation Rachel500 Makes sense now.

Comment

Re: the Brad quote - it was NOT Brad Wright. It was another Brad connected with the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        what she says
                        CONGRATULATIONS LAD
                        Thanks guys!

Comment

I feel so stupid for having to ask but:
                          Spoiler:
                          What is a Picard/Crusher ripoff?
                          Discussion of ST:TNG characters
                          Spoiler:
                          Jean Luc Picard was the Captain of the Enterprise in Star Trek:TNG. Beverly Crusher was the Chief Medical Officer on the Enterprise. The characters had a history because Picard, Beverly, and Beverly's husband (don't know his name) were all friends. Beverly's husband was killed. TPTB kept a "ship/no-ship" attitude with the characters. They would hint at "feelings", but never follow through or ignore what they had already hinted. When the series ended, the last episode had Picard jumping through the future/past/present. TPTB decided to answer the question of whether Picard and Crusher got together by having the characters get married then announce they got divorced a couple of years later. Supposedly it was because of their work. The viewers got to see NONE of the ship resolution and a sad end to the possibility of their togetherness. IMO, the movies didn't help because Picard's future with Beverly was sealed with the series finale. The movie ship just happened before the marriage and divorce.

I was never a fan of the Riker/Troi ship so that resolution didn't affect me either way.

Hope that helps.

Token ~

Comment

Just a question in between, does anyone have a picture where Sam and Jack are smiling at each other, Sam with her huge smile? Because there have to be scenes like that, but for some reason I can't seem to find a picture of it (need it for a sig, finally have somewhat more inspiration then a doorknob, so might as well make use of it). Or maybe a episode where you clearly remember a scene like that (with both of them in the scene on screen, so not like in small victories, where you first see Sam, then Jack).

Also on 200:
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm not to worried about there actually being anti-ship. Amanda did say both would be happy, and anyone *even* TPTB would realise that that just isn't the case with pure anti-ship. Besides we've already seen the (AU?) wedding scene, at least (however little) it's something right?
                            I hope this can help you a little, those are not spoilers just big pictures

Spoiler:

Comment

Just a question in between, does anyone have a picture where Sam and Jack are smiling at each other, Sam with her huge smile? Because there have to be scenes like that, but for some reason I can't seem to find a picture of it (need it for a sig, finally have somewhat more inspiration then a doorknob, so might as well make use of it). Or maybe a episode where you clearly remember a scene like that (with both of them in the scene on screen, so not like in small victories, where you first see Sam, then Jack).

<snip>
                              Well, the only scene that directly comes to mind is in Zero Hour.

Spoiler:
                              Big smile towards Jack.

End of a big smile towards Jack.

And congrats LAD!!!!!

Comment

I'd just like to say again that I just don't think that either AT or tptb mean the same thing by "non-shipper" that the S/J shipper family means by "anti-shipper." Non-shippers want to see stories about the various characters and the TEAM and would rather not have focus on any romance. ANTI-shippers, on the other hand, actively want to stop any hint of romantic interest between Sam and Jack specifically. BAM! BAM! BAM! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!

Having an episode that pleased both shippers and ANTI-shippers would be self-contradictory. But having one that pleases both shippers and non-shippers is entirely possible.

Bucky (with her high hopes on)

Comment

Working...
                                X