Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green to you, nell! That photo story is simply priceless! It made my day. THANKS!
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I made this little manip to pass the time till Season 10. I just can't wait!

Looking forward to Stargate fan awards 2006 in the meantime - so many new fabulous fan fictions to read!
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

@Nell: thanx for it, You made me really smile... I just love it those screencaps with tekst

Comment

@nell => you're fabulous girl!!!

Sam sick: I think Jack would do everything in his power to help Sam. But he wouldn't put people in jeopardy either. If he had to choose between Sam and a bunch of people, I think he would take the bunch of people. Not just for him but for Sam too. He knows she wouldn't want other lives to be sacrificed for her own.

Dad: Jacob wants what's best (Daniel) for his daughter I think. Not especially what would make her happy (Jack). I think he's a bit afraid of Jack and Sam together. Jack had a very dark past and I think Jacob knows more about it then we think. He doesn't want to see his baby girl hurt. And IMO Jack has better chances to do just that. Unintentionally or not.
          But you know what they say. Something about boyfriend/husband resembling their dads? Jack and Jacob have a lot in common!

Sam and Jack uncomfortable around each other: I was thinking about that in my bath and came up with something completely opposite my first belief. Thanks to Replicartertje who posted something that made me think.
          Anyway, here it comes.
          Maybe they're uncomfortable around each other sometimes because they don't know what feelings the other have. I think they're both insecure & unsure what conserns love. What if they don't want the other to know they still love the other? The thing Jack said in D&C could still be taken as a very deep friendship (although we see in Sam's eyes that she understood what he meant. And we see Jack's true feelings when he said that.).
          Because of the doubting they would stop the flirtyness around each other. And they wouldn't feel comfortable because they know it's not how they normally are. Acting like they don't care even if all they want to do is kiss each other senseless and more if affinity.
          It's difficult to pretend something that's not true. To play someone who's not you.

You understand?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i'm not sure if this has been posted yet/already, but here's a snippet of a carmen/jacob interview.

thanks to nearlycircular for posting it at the sam's a great character thread.

~~~

<from the official Stargate magazine>

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

~~~

my thoughts?

carmen sounds just like a dad! he doesn't understand how a woman would *want* a rogue (which jack deliciously is to me). he wants sam to settle down with someone nice and gentle and very much like her (not all parts, though, because sam's got that wild side to her).

but what i really liked was the end, where he mentioned about sam being happier with daniel being a father and husband.

uh, was there some kind of HINT going on there for where sam and jack are headed?

you never know... squees at the possibilities

sally
            I just have to chime in here. I disagree with CA's opinion. I really think Jack would make a better husband and father. I think Jack was a good father and husband before, only his career and the travel it involved being the negative. Now, Jack doesn't need that anymore. And Sam would understand if he did, same as Jack would understand Sam's career.

I think Daniel is the one not ready for the husband/dad 'thing'. I don't think he has room in his life for anything that would pull him away from his life as an explorer. His marriage to Sha're was not just a marriage. It was also a research & exploratory experience. If it wasn't, I don't think he would have ever married Sha're or been happy. And during his marriage, he did not have the option to travel through the SG as he does now. Sha're may have been an unhappy, lonely woman if he had. "Sorry honey, I would have been back weeks ago, but I had to figure out this inscription and then I traveled to.....blah blah blah."

We know that Sam wants more in her life. I think Jack wants that same thing. Daniel is happy where he is and doesn't want or need the distractions. And besides, Sam and Jack just click!

Personally, I think sometimes the actor's personal friendships enter into some of their opinions of the characters. IMHO, of course.
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by zuz
              I made this little manip to pass the time till Season 10. I just can't wait!

Looking forward to Stargate fan awards 2006 in the meantime - so many new fabulous fan fictions to read!
              WOW thats fabby Zuz Nice to see ya around the threads again

Comment

remember registration for Avalon opens tonight!!!!

(I'm going to have a nervous breakdown... i have a horrid feeling my computer is gonna crash! My godparents have said i can use their computer if mine breaks... oh how i love my family... and how i love THIS family... the shipper family! I'm desperate for a ticket (ESPECIALLY SEEING AS MY PARENTS SAID I CAN GO! WOO HOO!)

Good Luck on getting tickets guys! i'm gonna cry from happiness if i get tickets... and cry from utter dispair if i don't!
                Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  i'm not sure if this has been posted yet/already, but here's a snippet of a carmen/jacob interview.

thanks to nearlycircular for posting it at the sam's a great character thread.

~~~

<from the official Stargate magazine>

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

FAMILY MATTERS

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."

~~~

my thoughts?

carmen sounds just like a dad! he doesn't understand how a woman would *want* a rogue (which jack deliciously is to me). he wants sam to settle down with someone nice and gentle and very much like her (not all parts, though, because sam's got that wild side to her).

but what i really liked was the end, where he mentioned about sam being happier with daniel being a father and husband.

uh, was there some kind of HINT going on there for where sam and jack are headed?

you never know... squees at the possibilities

sally
                  SQUEEEE!!!!!

Comment

Here's a link to a promo for season 10 with Amanda Tapping... its so funny. i love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4Np...earch=Stargate
                    Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                    Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                    Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                      Here's a link to a promo for season 10 with Amanda Tapping... its so funny. i love it!

Love it too!
                      Her last line is hilarious!

Comment

Shippers, Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!!
                        I so love writing the little picture stories!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

remember registration for Avalon opens tonight!!!!

(I'm going to have a nervous breakdown... i have a horrid feeling my computer is gonna crash! My godparents have said i can use their computer if mine breaks... oh how i love my family... and how i love THIS family... the shipper family! I'm desperate for a ticket (ESPECIALLY SEEING AS MY PARENTS SAID I CAN GO! WOO HOO!)

Good Luck on getting tickets guys! i'm gonna cry from happiness if i get tickets... and cry from utter dispair if i don't!
                          Not long to go now. Why am I feeling so nervous? fcol.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                            Not long to go now. Why am I feeling so nervous? fcol.
                            LOL! Tell me about it! I'm already refreshing the page every couple of minutes!

Comment

That's great! ROFL! I can't wait till S10 starts!

Comment

Woohoo, Avalon ticket ordered!
                                Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                                X