X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    Both: Please don't fire! Please!
    I think if Jack ever saw his/their daugher with a zat gun, he'd absolutely freak. Remember what happened with Charlie? And while there's less chance she could do herself fatal harm with a zat, it's still a weapon. He was quite skittish when Nefreyu wanted to look at the bow and arrow, and that he *definitely* couldn't have hurt himself with!
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      You know, I love the pic and I kinda liked the episode but...the guy in the back kept distracting me...and not in a good way!: I'm sorry but it just looks wrong!!
      You mean the guy with the huge manboobs? I agree. I just don't like my guys overdeveloped. Jack is juuuuuuuust fine. Or Jonas, of course.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Y'know, I was watching Children of the Gods last night for the first time in a long time, and had a thought. During the scene in the pyramid where they're all eating their evening meal. Skaara presents Jack with his "moonshine" and there's a hilarious reaction on Jack's part to the rather strong beverage. But what interested me came next: he hands the cup/bowl thing over to Sam to have some.

What I wondered was if anybody ever wrote a fic or thought about writing a fic where, maybe even years later, it comes to light that, in the Abydonian culture, once they drank from the same cup, they were married. There are several cultures on our planet where a couple drink from the same cup as part of their wedding ceremony, so it's not so far fetched.

What does everybody think? Know of a story? Think it's feasible for a story plot?
        - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
          Exactly. I agree. You can try to find some logic if you look hard enough, rather its far fetched or not, in almost anything, but I can't find any logic in Sam saying yes.
          While I don't think it's logical, I can see the reason Sam accepts the proposal. She went on the blind date (whatever) with Pete as an effort to get on with her life, as a relationship with Jack is seemingly out of the question. Yes, she's attracted to the guy, but part of her knows it isn't quite right. But she doesn't want to keep her life on hold waiting for something that may never happen, she wants a chance to be happy. As Pete now as some clearance, she thinks he may be her best chance at having a normal relationship. So despite her misgivings, she says yes.

But even her determination to have a normal relationship wasn't enough to dispell her misgivings as the reality of the wedding dawns. There's no way she would have been able to go through with it.

Please keep in mind as you read this that I haven't seen season 8 in over a year (apart from 'Threads' and 'Moebius') so I may be off on my theorising. Also, it's just the way I see it. It's not logical, but matters of the heart rarely are.

Comment

[quote]
            Originally posted by chelle db
            That scene in Grace where jack says "Excuse me?' coz she calls him Jack really erks me! Regs schmegs...they're still friends and they nearly lost her and he has to respond like that - what a dill!!

Originally posted by Buc252
            He didn't say "excuse me" because it was against regs. He said "excuse me" because he was surprised - that's it! No regulations involved, and no reprimand in his voice whatsoever. Just surprise.
            That's exactly the way I took it--he was startled and then when he saw his reaction embarrassed her, he covered by rattling on.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              I felt in season 7/8, Sam's character was really taken a hit to advance this story line. Such as
              Spoiler:

1) Ignoring Petes stalking tendencies
              2) Showing Jack the ring then proceeding to talk about the pros and cons of marriage to Pete.
              3) Then the big acceptence/makeout scene while on duty.
              Yes, Rogue, I agree. I just hope such lapses (bad writing) are behind us now.
              (*crosses fingers, toes, knees, ankles, arms, eyes*)

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                Yeah I never got that one myself... how is it possible that she would be engaged with Jonas? he doesn't have the looks like O'neill (he doesn't have a look at all) He is crazy and wants to rule everything
                but maybe he was different before he went to that planet? but I don't know... I mean you can not change that much in a few years
                but she gave back the ring for that reason so...
                She fell into the trap that a lot of women do. She genuinely loved the guy, she knew that he had problems, and she thought she could help him through them. The fact that she knew it was bad and had the strength to get out only shows her intelligence. Take it from someone who's been there...

I also think that Jonas wasn't as crazy when they were together. The events on the planet no doubt deepened the megalomania (or whatever you call it), and chances are that he had slowly been getting more and more deeply disturbed after they broke up, when he no longer had her tempering influence.

Does that make sense?
                Sorry if someone's already posted a similar response.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                  Oh wow!! How cool - 23 years huh? Congrats!! And what a guy - he's taking you to Shore Leave. My man won't even watch SG with me let alone take me to a con. Mind you, we really don't get any con happening in our neck of the woods. *sobs...sniffs* Have fun at Shore Leave!
                  I think the secret (seriously) is to marry your best friend.....but actually.....I'm taking him to Shore Leave.

Comment

I really don't understand how this thread can get on page 2! There's always so many posts to read when I do my daily check in!

Anyway, here's a wallpaper I made last night. It's based on 'Entity', and while that may not be the most appropriate theme for a wall, I felt like I needed to do it.

Enjoy. Snurch if you wish, I don't mind.

Comment

Want to post nice pics!
                      She was soooooooo looking at his lips...

A bit of touching:

Now it's all mirroring:

BTW => love all the moments-pics that have been posted here!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                        Want to post nice pics!
                        A bit of touching:

What episode was that one again? I recognise the others as 'Deadmans Switch', but I can't place that one.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                          What episode was that one again? I recognise the others as 'Deadmans Switch', but I can't place that one.
                          Message in a Bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluestring
                            a girl and a guy can just be friends,
                            but at one point they will fall for each other,

maybe temporarily...

maybe at the wrong time....

maybe too late...

or maybe FOREVER.

(Sam and Jack? Which one are they or are they none...)
                            Do you really believe that a man and a woman cannot just be friends but that inevitably they will fall for each other? Because that is the belief of some people who want to hold women back from positions in business, the military and whatever. I myself think that a man and woman who start out as friends and then fall for each other will have a strong marriage, having seen examples. However, I also think a man and woman can be friends, but if one of them misinterprets the other's actions or banter, the friendship can fail. Some cultures do not think male-female friendship is possible. We know Jack/Sam ship is canon. What about shows where it is not canon and people ship for certain characters who are shown only to be friends? Are shippers maybe hurting the idea of male-female friendship being possible? Well they're only shows, so maybe I'm getting too serious.

Comment

Okay you guys...this shipper is in serious need of a good fan fic....a loooonnng one (novel lenght) with some Jack thumping, lots of angst, lots of ust & rst...mystery and/or action, season 8 and up...and I read loads of them already on ff, sgarchives(did I mention Heliopolis?) , here on GW...anybody can help?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                                Do you really believe that a man and a woman cannot just be friends but that inevitably they will fall for each other? Because that is the belief of some people who want to hold women back from positions in business, the military and whatever. I myself think that a man and woman who start out as friends and then fall for each other will have a strong marriage, having seen examples. However, I also think a man and woman can be friends, but if one of them misinterprets the other's actions or banter, the friendship can fail. Some cultures do not think male-female friendship is possible. We know Jack/Sam ship is canon. What about shows where it is not canon and people ship for certain characters who are shown only to be friends? Are shippers maybe hurting the idea of male-female friendship being possible? Well they're only shows, so maybe I'm getting too serious.
                                I think it's more the idea of people shipping characters that makes others think that way. I am a shipper, and the couples I ship I do so because I see the potential for something more than friendship in their chemistry. That does not mean that I think that men and women can't simply be friends. Look at Sam and Daniel for instance. Or Sam and Teal'c, Sam and Mitchell... (I could go on...) Male/Female friendship is definitely possible.

Okay, yes, it's only a show. I think I may be getting too serious too...

PS, Thank you L.A. Doyle!

Comment

Working...
                                X