This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    At least when Mulder left the show, Scully didn't act like he had dropped off the face of the Earth.
    Amen to that. It's like the pox has visited his house and no one wants to get contaminated.

Comment

Sometimes I just don't get TPTB. OK Lots of times I don't get them but I'm watching Entity, an amazingly shippy epi and it was written by PDL. The same doorknob who thought
      Spoiler:
      ship between alt Sam and Cam would be a good idea.
      I mean, come on, Jack is one blink away from tears and at the end it's all he can do not to put his hand on her leg but there's nothing between them? Just don't get it.

Comment

At least when Mulder left the show, Scully didn't act like he had dropped off the face of the Earth.
        now i'm not really as up to date on my x-phile knowledge as i used to be but, when mulder left, didn't he actually disappear and scully didn't know where he was? not really the same thing.
        Spoiler:
        sam knows where her man is. shes not on a quest to find him. he's in washington.

Comment

Currently I am watching season 9 of the x-files. Even though Mulder isn't on the show, they still work the ship into the show. For example receiving a email from Mulder. Mulder and Scully are apart and they still find ways to show that they are thinking of each other. I know the circumstances were different between RDA and DD, but still they chose to show the relationship even when the other wasn't around.

Actually I wasn't really a Mulder/Scully shipper, still not. I just noticed it when watching the DVD.
          Last edited by Rogue; 10 March 2006, 02:39 PM.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            now i'm not really as up to date on my x-phile knowledge as i used to be but, when mulder left, didn't he actually disappear and scully didn't know where he was? not really the same thing.
            Spoiler:
            sam knows where her man is. shes not on a quest to find him. he's in washington.
            Actually I just meant that at least Scully said Mulders name now and again. In season 9, she isn't looking for him, she is just waiting for him to come home. She might not have known where he was, but at least we saw that she was thinking about him. They could have easily wrote another plot that didn't involve Mulder at all.

If SG-1 TPTB had wrote the X-files, Mulder would have disappeared without explaination, nobody at the FBI would have known he was gone or cared, Scully would have been shipped to every old bf she had. They then bring in Doggett, even though he doesn't have x-file experience he is now in-charge of the x-files with Scully reporting to him. His name even appears in the credits before hers. Reyes soons shows up spitting out sexual comments everyother line and hitting on every man in site. Finally Mulder miraculously reappears without an explaination and is in a couple of real lame scenes.
            Last edited by Rogue; 10 March 2006, 03:10 PM.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Actually... I have to admit that I kinda wish something had happened to Jack. Something Hundred Days-esque. Not the Laira bit now ( ) But the trapped off-world bit, or something to that effect. Some genuine reason why he's not there. Even if he had been given command of an off-word base. This isn't so much a ship issue, cos they probably still wouldn't mention him, although it would give us the odd decent opportunity to have an angsty or tender moment.
              But I DO NOT buy the fact that Jack would not be helping to fight the Ori. There is no way that Jack would be sitting behind a desk, not actually doing anything about it!! And he certainly wouldn't be sitting in his cabin or at his lake, not doing anything about it. Jack would not be able to keep away. That's actually the thing that bothers me the most about this season!

Comment

Actually I just meant that at least Scully said Mulders name now and again. In season 9, she isn't looking for him, she is just waiting for him to come home. She might not have known where he was, but at least we saw that she was thinking about him. They could have easily wrote another plot that didn't involve Mulder at all.

If SG-1 TPTB has wrote the X-files, Mulder would have disappeared without explaination, nobody at the FBI would have known he was gone, Scully would have been shipped to every old bf she had, then he would miraculously reappear without an explaination.

sigpic

Comment

I agree with that Rogue The x-files ship (M/S)was handled much much better ( IT's A REAL TREAT )than Stargate SG1 ship (S/J) and I still watch all my x-files DVDs boxsets because TPTB brought me enjoyment to the very end and Scully did miss Mulder alot and she did mention his name ..She was also thinking like him a lot and some episodes in season 8 and 9 were centered around Mulder even if he was not in it .. and they were shippy ...think about "Trust no one "For example .

I agree that may be, Jack missing in action on another planet would have been a better idea for the Sam amd Jack shippers but Sam would have been a cry baby and that particular TPTB had enough and didn't know how to finish a grown up relationship ..What a big mistake they made !!!!!

I could not care less about the SG1 boxsets that I have on my shelf anymore ..I don't watch them .. I recently taped over all my VHS SG1 tapes to record some educational programs for my kids ..and I know that I will never watch season 9 again , not even in reruns . Season 9 was a real let down , a complete shamble and I really hate what TPTB has done to that beautiful ship of season 3 and 4 and also destroying the end of the episode "Threads" .

Caty

Comment

Spoiler:

Mulder left for protection ( Protecting him and his family) and Scully knew about it ..he had to be away for a while but Scully was in touch with him through e-mails ..Anyway ..no excuse for SG1 TPTB , they should have left Sam mention Jack's name at least once or twice during season 9 if she is with the guy ...and what did Jack do exactly at Homeland security for the whole season 9 ?!!! .I though we were supposed to hear that Jack was present in spirit through the season !!! huh!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                      Greetings, I'm in the Philly area! Sugarshaker and I are waiting for trupi and LOL4JACK to join us. WE WANT SHIP. WE WANT SHIP. WE WANT SHIP!!!
                      Hi Nell!!! Sugar!!

I hope they get there before it begins!

Comment

i actually gave up on the x-files. but i was never a m/s shipper anyway.

i'm glad they've kept jack on earth. the only other thing i would have accepted would be for him to be on the alpha site.

Comment

i actually gave up on the x-files. but i was never a m/s shipper anyway.

i'm glad they've kept jack on earth. the only other thing i would have accepted would be for him to be on the alpha site.
                          I think the Alpha site would have been a great idea At least we may have heard about what he was doing once in a while .

Caty

Comment

and it would take less travel time for sam to visit too

Comment

and it would take less travel time for sam to visit too

Yeah, I suppose so and she could have gone back through the gate one day , and said to Teal'c or Daniel that she had to help Jack on something important regarding whatever TPTB felt like at the time It could have been really in character too and Jack would have still been present in spirit and therefore great for the show and all the RDA/Jack fans

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                                Yeah, I suppose so and she could have gone back through the gate one day , and said to Teal'c or Daniel that she had to help Jack on something important regarding whatever TPTB felt like at the time It could have been really in character too and Jack would have still been present in spirit and therefore great for the show and all the RDA/Jack fans

Caty
                                and there would be no query as to whether they were in the same chain of command, so that argument would be eradicated. as far as I'm aware at the moment its not a prob because there are enough people between them in the CoC, but that's just what I've heard. to be honest, with some of the creative license they've taken this year, i don't care if its an issue or not!

Comment

Working...
                                X