X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    great theory!

and see, there's actual evidence to support it.

Spoiler:
    1- sam not reacting to hearing/mentioning her father. 2- the timeline for when janet really died (teal'c said three years, i say it's only been two). 3- our sam making a move on another guy. 4- the sgc hiring someone without offworld experience to command THE sg team. 5- vala. 6- lam being allowed to work with her father. 7- jack disappearing off their radars (and hearts).

if they went this way, there's been 'clues' all around.

counts straws she's clutching at

sally
    Well thats one way to deal with it.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
      I wonder if they all look at the finished product that we see. What you intend and what is observed can be worlds of difference.

As for Marty and Sam, I agree - creepy. If Jolinar were still alive I could understand but with her dead -eeech
      It's just a theory but maybe seeing Marty again when he's been dead for five years just brought back Jolinar's feelings. She's been able to bury them since his death but it all came back with him. Even if she didn't appear confused by all this, she may have been nevertheless.

Comment

Hi Chums:

This is the first I've been on since Ripple Effect aired and I won't have much of a chance to catch up, so please forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum (which it probably has): Spoilers, Ripple Effect:

Spoiler:
        BLECHHHHHH! And our Sam initiated it! I've managed to convince myself that SG ended with Threads and that any nonsense such as this is just the writers sc***ing up, but it's not always as easy to play this mind game with myself as I'd like it to be.

Also, there were at least two other big problems with this episode:

1. How did evil SG-1 know to come to our universe to get the ZPM? How did they know they wouldn't end up in a universe overrun by the Go'auld or the Ori?

2. What happened to that little problem of two people from different universes coming in close proximity to each other? There should have been about 30 Sams doing that funky face thing from Point of View. How convenient that they just forgot all this.

It's kind of like someone bought the house you grew up in. You'll always remember it a certain way and like it that way, but they painted it weird colors and put tacky statutary out in the yard. Every time you drive by, you think about how great the place used to be and how disappointed you are to see what it's become. That's how I feel about s9.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I think it was inevitable that this happened, but I'm disappointed to see it so soon. Spoilers for Ripple Effect, sort of:
          Spoiler:
          IMO, the longer the series goes on, the more tempting it's going to be to TPTB to ship Sam with someone else. They have a female lead character, single, beautiful and brilliant. Never to be able to show any kind of sexual attraction between her and another character or to do any kind of romantic storyline is just too limiting. The longer it goes on, the more Jack will be a thing of the past and the more likely they are to ship Sam with other people. Sorry that this is so down, but that's what I think is going to happen.

OK, now I really am going to try to catch up a little.

sigpic
          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Ok. My R.E. fic is not quite turning out how I wanted it to. There's some major ship whumping in there, but it kinda explains a lot of things. It's tough, but when it's done, I'm hoping it'll be worth it. It's currently at about 5 pages, and that's just the pre RE stuff.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Ok. My R.E. fic is not quite turning out how I wanted it to. There's some major ship whumping in there, but it kinda explains a lot of things. It's tough, but when it's done, I'm hoping it'll be worth it. It's currently at about 5 pages, and that's just the pre RE stuff.
              Ship whumping is awesome! Love the angst. Long as there's some glimmer of hope in the end, angst makes the conflict sizzle, baby!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Grace Carter
                I was just thinking that!

Hey everyone, i'm new well i read the threads just don't write in them! until now!

Can't believe the big bosses spent eight years playing with a relationship then leave us nothing! i think (well hope and pray really) that there will be a revelation at the end of series that will tell all (see amanda interview on gateworld)

Alternatively, if the big bosses are scared of losing viewrs so they just keep in the air! make a decision and if they are true fans they will keep watching it! The decision has to be sam and jack. it has pointed that way of 8 years! see sense people

Keep the thread alive!

love me
                xx

ps) ace video by the way! send that to people in charge!
                Welcome, Grace Carter (what a lovely name! ). Whoo-hoo, you made your first post on the Sam/Jack Ship thread! Sweet! Oh, and nice post, too.

Just sayin', post lots; it's way more fun than lurkin', I guarantee!
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Ship whumping is awesome! Love the angst. Long as there's some glimmer of hope in the end, angst makes the conflict sizzle, baby!
                  Angst? That's a mild term. It's based on the
                  Spoiler:
                  long distance relationship
                  line and Sam's look in return. There's a whole lot of arguing going on. But as long as you shippers can take it, I'm gonna write it.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    I agree with you, I think NBC and Sony are having too much say in the show and slowly destroy it. I think certain writer have their hands tied and the actors are being told to be seen and not heard from. Maybe another reason why RDA jumped ship when he did! Saw the writing on the wall.
                    They have basicly lost their direction. I don't think it was necessary to change the show beyond recognition. They should have stayed true to the existing characters and story lines.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      They have basicly lost their direction. I don't think it was necessary to change the show beyond recognition. They should have stayed true to the existing characters and story lines.
                      or threw in the towel-called it something else and went from there.

otherwise-this is a frelling mess!
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        or threw in the towel-called it something else and went from there.

otherwise-this is a frelling mess!
                        Exactly or say this is a alternate universe SG-1, then I wouldn't really give a damn what they did to the characters because they aren't my SG-1.

Rogue

Comment

Exactly or say this is a alternate universe SG-1, then I wouldn't really give a damn what they did to the characters because they aren't my SG-1.
                          well Rogue as we have discussed many times Mobieus gave them an out. They can say-well nobody said that
                          Spoiler:
                          this reality was ours and that it was the same SG-1 as before they left. gives them room to chicken out.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

well Rogue as we have discussed many times Mobieus gave them an out. They can say-well nobody said that
                            Spoiler:
                            this reality was ours and that it was the same SG-1 as before they left. gives them room to chicken out.
                            That might give them the excuse, but it doesn't make it right. All they are going to exceed in doing is pissing people off.

Rogue

Comment

That might give them the excuse, but it doesn't make it right. All they are going to exceed in doing is pissing people off.
                              well in that aspect-at least concerning me-they have done just that. I don't care how wonderful their stories are from here on out-I'm done. Too bad I am not a Nielson home.

Comment

well in that aspect-at least concerning me-they have done just that. I don't care how wonderful their stories are from here on out-I'm done. Too bad I am not a Nielson home.
                                Yeah I regret turning that down a few months back.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X