Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Joe not leaving the show because we'll definitely have no one to root for us. They can bring RDA but it could be a part like the first three episodes 0f S9. Crap!
    sigpic

Comment

I guess by now everyone has read the RE cut out scenes. Well I think Joe went in everyway possible even making a love interest between Daniel and Mitchell. Think about if they kept that scene between Mitchell and Daniel fans would have gone off the wall but the almost kiss between Sam and Matouf we have to eat.Talk about insensitivity!
      sigpic

Comment

If Joe is leaving because of the current state of the fandom, that would be a crying shame.... personally I love his style. His snark is gold and I'll miss his blog.
        sigpic

Comment

I know we're all getting very upset about the implications of RE. IMO we should trust the Sam Carter we know and love. I am convinced that the
          Spoiler:
          nearly kiss with Martouf
          was a resurgence of the memories of Jolinar. We know Sam has had a hard time in the past separating those feelings from her own (confession to Narim in 'Pretense'). The emotional shock of seeing
          Spoiler:
          Martouf alive again
          could easily be enough to allow Jolinar's feelings for her mate to resurface. I have posted before with my interpretation of the
          Spoiler:
          nearly kiss. Sam definately pauses BEFORE noticing the asgard. IMO she is suddenly aware that this is a remnant of Jolinar and stops. Then notices Kvasir and thanks him for the excuse not to make the BIG mistake!
          Just my opinion. Gotta keep positive!
          I know TPTB keep yanking our chain. Of course, in a way, they have to. Its UST that keeps us on the edge of our seats! Much as we want to see the happy S/J resolution I don't thimk it'll happen until the very last reel.

Keep Shippin'
          Last edited by jg-1; 25 January 2006, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            Did everyone read JM Blog? He's leaving GW!
            well-anybody remember the commercial-"you asked for it. you go it. Toyota."

he asked for it and got exactly what he asked for.

last friday nite for example he went trolling after RE for reactions and he got it. man was basically pancaked by what he read.

i suppose he is bailing on this because it got hot and it got ugly and it still is.

i'm not surprised
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Good day and good evening! Bumping the thread back to page one. Please go read Joe's cut scenes from RE and if you read them them again. I just came up with a theory of my own (from TPTB point of view) Sam and Jack are really not together. They have an understanding that there exist a love which can't be expressed as yet! Jack is out of the picture, Sam is lonely and now sees no light at the end of the tunnel. Matouf appears into the picture, feeling of friendship, relief he's alive in another dimension, Jolinar's old feeling pop up and sense I'm tired I need someone to lean on and the almost kiss occurrs. Then she finds out from Janet that she's on maturity leave (hint-hint) that is why she didn't come through also. Now there is hope that they will get together and live happily every after. I could be crazy but please read RE cut threads again. It may relieve some of the tension and I really think Joe meant RE as hope for the shippers that everything will be fine at the end. I think the almost kiss should have been thought out a little more but with Peter directing and you know how he stands with us. I think Joe might have been a little hurt from all the negativity about RE and really though this was his best and that is why he has left GW. Joe if you are still lurking- RE was good unto that almost kiss scene!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jg-1
                I know we're all getting very upset about the implications of RE. IMO we should trust the Sam Carter we know and love. I am convinced that the [spoiler] nearly kiss with Martouf [/spolier] was a resurgence of the memories of Jolinar. We know Sam has had a hard time in the past separating those feelings from her own (confession to Narim in 'Pretense'). The emotional shock of seeing
                Spoiler:
                Martouf alive again
                could easily be enough to allow Jolinar's feelings for her mate to resurface. I have posted before with my interpretation of the [spoiler] nearly kiss. Sam definately pauses BEFORE noticing the asgard. IMO she is suddenly aware that this is a remnant of Jolinar and stops. Then notices Kvasir and thanks him for the excuse not to make the BIG mistake! [/spolier] Just my opinion. Gotta keep positive!
                I know TPTB keep yanking our chain. Of course, in a way, they have to. Its UST that keeps us on the edge of our seats! Much as we want to see the happy S/J resolution I don't thimk it'll happen until the very last reel.

Keep Shippin'
                nah i don't think the memories of "jolinar" had anything to do with this-they like yanking people's chains.

after viging us the hint in threads-they've decided to back away from it.

remember in interviews the excuse for area 51 was Cassie. and the scene was just off-there was no reason for it.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                  well-anybody remember the commercial-"you asked for it. you go it. Toyota."

he asked for it and got exactly what he asked for.

last friday nite for example he went trolling after RE for reactions and he got it. man was basically pancaked by what he read.

i suppose he is bailing on this because it got hot and it got ugly and it still is.

i'm not surprised
                  Sad but he should know we are a little depress here and just in a whining mood! I think he was really excited about this episode and we blew it away!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    Good day and good evening! Bumping the thread back to page one. Please go read Joe's cut scenes from RE and if you read them them again. I just came up with a theory of my own (from TPTB point of view) Sam and Jack are really not together. They have an understanding that there exist a love which can't be expressed as yet! Jack is out of the picture, Sam is lonely and now sees no light at the end of the tunnel. Matouf appears into the picture, feeling of friendship, relief he's alive in another dimension, Jolinar's old feeling pop up and sense I'm tired I need someone to lean on and the almost kiss occurrs. Then she finds out from Janet that she's on maturity leave (hint-hint) that is why she didn't come through also. Now there is hope that they will get together and live happily every after. I could be crazy but please read RE cut threads again. It may relieve some of the tension and I really think Joe meant RE as hope for the shippers that everything will be fine at the end. I think the almost kiss should have been thought out a little more but with Peter directing and you know how he stands with us. I think Joe might have been a little hurt from all the negativity about RE and really though this was his best and that is why he has left GW. Joe if you are still lurking- RE was good unto that almost kiss scene!
                    I think the
                    Spoiler:
                    almost kiss
                    was just the straw that broke the camel's back and Joe got the brunt of it. So far we have gotten over the past 2 years:
                    Spoiler:

Evils:
                    1) Sam engaged to Pete
                    2) Jack in bed with Kerry
                    3) Way less than what we expected as a Resolution
                    4) Sam left the SGC because of Cassie(yeah right)
                    5) Jack in DC/Sam in Nevada
                    6) Lack of confirmation of Sam and Jacks relationship

Goods:
                    1) Always
                    2) Fishing(maybe alone, maybe not)
                    3) Not exactly

Even though we have gotten some good things, they are definitly out weighed by the bad. I think having to deal with Pete and Kerry in season 8, then the vagueness of their current relationship is pissing people off. They promised a resolution, I am still waiting. Deciding to do nothing is not a resolution, its dragging it out for one more season. I am sorry Joe got bashed because I don't think the current situation is all his fault.

I haven't seen RE yet, but from what I hear it was pretty good until that scene. Most of the complaints I heard was about that scene. I think alot of us just don't know what to think. He could have counteracted the scene with maybe a Sam phone call to Jack.
                    Last edited by Rogue; 25 January 2006, 05:02 AM.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      snip

I haven't seen RE yet, but from what I hear it was pretty good until that scene. Most of the complaints I heard was about that scene. I think alot of us just don't know what to think. He could have counteracted the scene with maybe a Sam phone call to Jack.
                      They could have counteracted the scene by not doing it at all!!!!!

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Blog
                        We started to break the 200th episode today and discussed the possibility of a special guest star. Fingers crossed.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                          They could have counteracted the scene by not doing it at all!!!!!
                          That is so true!
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

200th.Episode.Special.Guest.Star.Fingers.Crossed.Hmmmmmmm?
                            sigpic

Comment

HAS to be RDA. He was an actor and a producer on the show for such a long time, there's now way he doesn't want to come back for the 200th episode.
                              And when they have to say what's really going on with Sam and Jack.
                              There's a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.

There's another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

Please excuse my mistakes, I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good

Comment

Originally posted by Nina
                                HAS to be RDA. He was an actor and a producer on the show for such a long time, there's now way he doesn't want to come back for the 200th episode.
                                And when they have to say what's really going on with Sam and Jack.
                                uh not to sound over pessimistic-okay okay-i am overly pessimistic-"not exactly"

Comment

Working...
                                X