This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday, DM!

I just found this facebook quiz (and I'nm not sure if this link will work...but oh well,) And, me being me, I think it is highly important that you ALL take this quiz! (if you have facebook!)

QUIZ!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      Happy Birthday, DM!

I just found this facebook quiz (and I'nm not sure if this link will work...but oh well,) And, me being me, I think it is highly important that you ALL take this quiz! (if you have facebook!)

QUIZ!
      Not finding it Bekki

Edit: Ok, got it......... and I'm definitely NOT

I see they're unsure about you though

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Thanks for the link...and are you still following RDA Jumble? I think she quietly still thinks of him...

as for the pics...OMG...it's just scary how much he looks like my dad there! same way of getting on the photo, same form(body), the hair is exactly the same...scary! but I do like the pictures! He looks happy

Well, of course he does I hope you remembered to send him a Father's Day card. *stern mom look*

I think Granny protests too much
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Hehehehee, Spudbutt.

Certainly not impossible, our own Moon revolves around the Earth the very same way. One side is always dark, one side always illuminated. All it means is that the moon's (or in this case, P3X-797's) day is the same amount of time as its year, meaning that it takes the same amount of time to turn 360 degrees on its axis as it does to revolve 360 degrees around the planet or sun. The people of the Land of Light would be positioned right on the divide, but it certainly is possible.
          Hm, I had forgotten this fact (but still, a perfect division of light and dark?)... and how would that effect life on the planet? I mean our moon is devoid of plant/sentient life... I don't know, it just seems like it was too much of a stretch for me.

Loved the kiss though

Comment

Happy Birthday, DM!

QUIZ!
            I took the quiz and am DEFINITELY not a potato. I was relieved. No way did I want to be Miss Idaho!!! Although I'm married, so would that make me Mrs. Idaho? But I live in Minnesota... so I'd actually be a Tater Tot and would probably be made into tater tot hot dish...

SGU/movie talk

Spoiler:
            I'm looking forward to the SQUEE potential of the movie

It does look like RDA is slimming down. I still can't thunk him though. I'm 26, he's 60 and my dad is 54... Although I will admit I find RDA very cute in the earlier part of SG1

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              Hm, I had forgotten this fact (but still, a perfect division of light and dark?)... and how would that effect life on the planet? I mean our moon is devoid of plant/sentient life... I don't know, it just seems like it was too much of a stretch for me.

Loved the kiss though
              Here's a nice little discussion Toomi and I had about this from the other thread. I like her idea of a permanent eclipse. It's in spoilers because it probably bored the other shippers to tears. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=697

Also, LOL on the hot dish! But if you weren't made into that, you'd be lefse, for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                Here's a nice little discussion Toomi and I had about this from the other thread. I like her idea of a permanent eclipse. It's in spoilers because it probably bored the other shippers to tears. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=697

Also, LOL on the hot dish! But if you weren't made into that, you'd be lefse, for sure!
                It was a good discussion. Overall, it's still my least fave shippy episode (the next one is Affinity because of Mr. Potato Head and his stalker tendencies. Plus I have to suffer through his "You are my cheeseburger" romantic look and the make out session in which I just pretend that Sam was secretly fantasizing about Jack and/or McDonald's French Fries).

Also, the other reason I'm not a big BD fan - the costumes for the planet civilizations were a little... or a lot... hokey. Probably the result of low budget and being a new show. I forgive a lot of the bad costuming because the acting rocks LOL

Side note about fanfiction.net ratings:

Spoiler:
                So I'm working on my next chapter and I'm trying to decide whether or not to push it up to an "M" rating. I don't do graphic sex, but I think I might be pushing it in this next episode. On one hand, I don't want to turn people off and I've read stories with T ratings that I think have done more than my story... Thoughts?
                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 22 June 2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

It was a good discussion. Overall, it's still my least fave shippy episode (the next one is Affinity because of Mr. Potato Head and his stalker tendencies. Plus I have to suffer through his "You are my cheeseburger" romantic look and the make out session in which I just pretend that Sam was secretly fantasizing about Jack and/or McDonald's French Fries).

Also, the other reason I'm not a big BD fan - the costumes for the planet civilizations were a little... or a lot... hokey. Probably the result of low budget and being a new show. I forgive a lot of the bad costuming because the acting rocks LOL
                  I happened to be browsing through RDA's website and the list of movies he's been in and came across this: "Richard has a small guest role as 'Spud', the conceited and self-absorbed boyfriend" in the 1984 "Odd Jobs" movie.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I happened to be browsing through RDA's website and the list of movies he's been in and came across this: "Richard has a small guest role as 'Spud', the conceited and self-absorbed boyfriend" in the 1984 "Odd Jobs" movie.
                    But... but... HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A POTATO!!!

:: sniffles ::

I mean I love RDA to death, but when it comes to being a potato, takes the lefse.

Comment

But... but... HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A POTATO!!!

:: sniffles ::

I mean I love RDA to death, but when it comes to being a potato, takes the lefse.
                      Agrees with all comments!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        Wow! Cute! I've never seen that one! I thought I had seen them all--LOL!

Verona, do you know if that's a real behind-the-scenes pic or if it might be a manip?
                        It's real it's a continuity shot they must number in the thousands a lot of the time(at least on stargate at least) the actors goof and mess about on them. It does look a little maniped though so know what you thinking but very fun none the less.

Comment

*Does the 250th post dance*

(actually, you really don't wanna see that. Try to imagine something in between Carlton of The Fresh Prince and Chandler from Friends and you'll get the idea...

*Tries to image all SG characters like a Mr Potato Head*

*Wonders if he should do the dance nekkid on this thread, just for the occasion*
                          My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            Hmm, so all Spuds are alike?
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Kirdy_Mulder View Post
                              *Does the 250th post dance*

(actually, you really don't wanna see that. Try to imagine something in between Carlton of The Fresh Prince and Chandler from Friends and you'll get the idea...

*Tries to image all SG characters like a Mr Potato Head*

*Wonders if he should do the dance nekkid on this thread, just for the occasion*
                              CONGRATS ON 250!!!!

Congrats on your officer commissioning

Comment

It does look like RDA is slimming down. I still can't thunk him though. I'm 26, he's 60 and my dad is 54... Although I will admit I find RDA very cute in the earlier part of SG1

Like being old enough to be my father ever stopped me...

Spoiler:
                                Seriously, RDA is the same age (give or take a few months) as my hubby, although I am 11 years older than you so it's not such a stretch for me. I have a bit of a"history" of finding older men utterly delectable if I am honest. You're only as old and the woman you feel and all that,

QUIZ!

I am NOT. Quite reassuring although I thought I might be turning into one given the bag I bought only last week has started sprouting already... *goes off into housewifely rant... *

Side note about fanfiction.net ratings:

Spoiler:
                                So I'm working on my next chapter and I'm trying to decide whether or not to push it up to an "M" rating. I don't do graphic sex, but I think I might be pushing it in this next episode. On one hand, I don't want to turn people off and I've read stories with T ratings that I think have done more than my story... Thoughts?
                                That bolded bit made me howl with laughter for some reason!

Re fanfiction.net ratings:
                                Spoiler:
                                FF.net lists graphic sex etc. as Mature Adult of which they don't allow those stories (although I've found a few on there I'd consider a bit beyond just mature). The problem with ratings is, depsite guidelines, they tend to be quite subjective - even film board ratings are prone to this. For instance I notice both Continuum and Ark Of Truth are rated 12 in the UK but...both contain scenes of people getting killed violently and also beaten up as well as swearing - Ba'al for instance is see being riddled with bullets and Daniel says "Oh s***"... I'm not sure I'd consider that suitable for a 12 year old.
                                Sorry, I completely digressed there; the point being ratings are going to be subjective depending on the person rating so I would say, if you think it might border on M, rate it M to be on the safe side. Better that people think you over cautious than read it and be offended.

Ah, missed the ficathon. Lots of back reading to do there then. I was supposed to write a story for it but, RL kind of took over for me the last week... long, boring story! I'll try and make up for it some time soon.

Happy birthday Dee!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X