This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    You know I always had a suspicion that Sally actually liked the shrub and her dislike of him was just a cover up...the universe is starting to make sense now!

*hugs Sally*

See look you even have him in your post...awww You do like potatoes

*runs from Sally and her P-90*

and to stay on topic -
    *sally calmly and coolly thinks of ways of torturing regularmanda. she smiles evilly because... *
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      but he didn't let sam pick out the house with him. *he* chose it. while that rings of a romantic gesture, it also shows a forwardness that would tick the living heck out of me if i were on the receiving end. did he already have the furniture picked out too? (did he buy the dog already? )

i'm curious, where did you get that she described to him what kind of house she wanted?

but i didn't mean 'controlling' in a mean way, just that when sam said she couldn't tell him the details of her job, he ran a search on her and then followed her around to find out anyways. i can't ignore that when i factoring in his personality.

while i don't always agree with everyone's take on things, i *love* reading differing views, and it sometimes leads me to actually see something in a new light. and we're a nice bunch too, so that helps.
      SHANAHAN: Yeah! Isn't it great?! (They start to walk towards the house, Sam gazing at it in amazement.) Remember our first night together? You described the house you always wanted?

Snipped right from the transcript

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        SHANAHAN: Yeah! Isn't it great?! (They start to walk towards the house, Sam gazing at it in amazement.) Remember our first night together? You described the house you always wanted?

Snipped right from the transcript
        oh.

i barely listened to what he said, i was too intent on watching sam's reaction.

would i be a bad shipper if i said i've only watched 'threads' twice in all these years? (and weeks apart)

i can't seem to get myself to 'watch' older shippy eps, until i see the last piece of the puzzle fit into the sam/jack love story. CONFIRMATION will be that piece. then i'll watch them *all*.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow. I went out for the day, and came back to find myself pages behind!

Darn. Missed the episode of the week voting (would have picked Paradise Lost/Grace)
          Me, too. But that's okay.....it looks like i have a bunch of fic to go read, instead.

Comment

oh.

i barely listened to what he said, i was too intent on watching sam's reaction.

would i be a bad shipper if i said i've only watched 'threads' twice in all these years? (and weeks apart)

i can't seem to get myself to 'watch' older shippy eps, until i see the last piece of the puzzle fit into the sam/jack love story. CONFIRMATION will be that piece. then i'll watch them *all*.
            I find the shippy episodes inspire my fanfic writing I see the chemistry and I remember... and

I BELIEVE

LOL

CONFIRMATION OR BUST

Comment

You know I always had a suspicion that Sally actually liked the shrub and her dislike of him was just a cover up...the universe is starting to make sense now!

*hugs Sally*

See look you even have him in your post...awww You do like potatoes

*runs from Sally and her P-90*

and to stay on topic -

Comment

i just finished reading a nice fic. it's not huge on shippiness, but it's sam and jack and there's nice ship there.

http://anr.livejournal.com/348482.html#cutid1
                sally

sigpic

Comment

sam went to jack in 'lost city' to talk. and jack could have given her 'something' in 'affinity'. she tried, again, in 'threads', but things took a life of their own in that ep.

i wonder if sam felt jack didn't care anymore, *because* he didn't speak up?

just saying.
                  She was with Pete and engaged already and in Jack's eyes the door was definitely locked forever so why discuss them when it didn't exist. She needed to talk to him before going out to find Mr. Right
                  sigpic

Comment

No posts for over 8 HOURS!

Pretty picture!

sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'm with Sally in that I tend to be fairly equal in apportioning blame.

Jack did have opportunities to speak up about his feelings for her and show her directly that he still cared: he could have done so in Chimera when he realises she's started seeing someone and he could lose her, he could have done so in The Lost City when its fairly obvious he knows she's trying to tell him that she still cares about him and in Affinity he could have given her a straight answer instead of being all noble and letting her go. But he doesn't for a variety of reasons; because he's scared of losing her, because he does love her and wants her to be happy and assumes her seeing Pete is making her happy, because he feels it was inevitable that she would find someone else...but he could have asked her.

Jack, as far as I am concerned, takes his share of the responsibility for letting Sam think he didn't feel the same way anymore and for giving her the impression that he was happy to let her go.

However, Sam isn't blameless. She could have asked Jack outright long before Threads about how he felt. She could have insisted on a straight answer instead of vagueness and hinting. She could and should have stopped things with Pete and certainly never agreed to marry him knowing how she felt about Jack regardless of his feelings for her.

The problem is that the two of them really don't communicate well about their personal feelings for each other at all - partly because of the situation with the regs making any communication difficult and fraught with consequences, and partly because they assume too much about the other's beliefs and knowledge about their feelings, and their wants and desires. They both take responsibility for that.
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                        I think we wore the thread out with the debate last night!
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Because you're going crazy.....

Going? I thought Sally was already crazy

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Erm...busy? Sowwy.

It could be quiet because it is fathers day in parts of the world

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Going? I thought Sally was already crazy

Erm...busy? Sowwy.

It could be quiet because it is fathers day in parts of the world

Shhhh she is but she doesn't know that she's already crazy

hey Jann how about posting that nice slow motion Grace gif?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              I think we wore the thread out with the debate last night!
                              That was some debate!
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Shhhh she is but she doesn't know that she's already crazy

hey Jann how about posting that nice slow motion Grace gif?
                                She doesn't know it ...I won't tell her...that loudly...

I'm supposed to be learning...only stupid learning material is all on computer... how to distract me...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X