Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's stretching the page? :????: edit: oops! Fixed!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself, I just cannot read major character death. I read fanfic for relaxation. I love danger and adventure (and, of course, romance), but I won't read it unless I know it has a happy ending.

I don't even like for them to be severely whumped.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.
    So this means I'll get a happy ending with the fic you're posting? Yay! I guess it would make sense that if you can't read unhappy endings, you won't write them!
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      Who's stretching the page? :????: edit: oops! Fixed!

So this means I'll get a happy ending with the fic you're posting? Yay! I guess it would make sense that if you can't read unhappy endings, you won't write them!
      Count on it. You are correct.

I don't read 'em.

I don't write 'em.

Because they are, after all, SG-1...and they will always be triumphant in my little universe.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        High Kleenex requirement:

Inevitable.

Not for Sally or Melissa!
        *sniff* I gotta find me some good fluff after that!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i won't read character death (sam) either... but then that sick part of me that just HAS to know what'll happen... it takes over, i read it, i cry...

i'm weird.

but with that one story i told you, about sam being a ghost... the author purposely left out character death. (i felt tricked)

but, i was able to talk her into a sequel.

but the sequel had it that they (the tokra and asgard) made a clone of sam, instead of trying to bring back the real one. and the clone was different. so, for me, it wasn't 'really' bringing her back.

i read another one about sam dying, and again, the author didn't warn about character death, but she said she did it on purpose (to surprise and shock the readers), but that still wasn't fair to her readers.

i know i've talked two or three authors into reversing what they've done to sam.

oh, wait, there's another fic that wiped me out! this one was about sg1 (with jonas) being ambushed on a planet by some jaffa. they were beating them all, and focused on making sam shoot jack. she wouldn't. she knew what was eventually going to happen, so fully knowing what was going to happen to 'her', she shot one of the jaffa. the leader immediately shot her in the head. jack saw her lifeless eyes staring into space. seconds after this, another sg team rescued them. sg1 was brought back to the sgc, with sam's body. jack decided to kill himself, going back to that planet i think (with sg1). but sam's ghost stopped him, and showed him what she saw (the beauty of the planet, not the destruction). she begged him to carry on. some weight was lifted off his shoulders and decided live on for her.

i was totally gutted. and what made this even worse, the writer was incredible in her realistic and awesome writing. i begged her a few different times to write a fix it sequel , but she ended up telling *me* i could. i wouldn't even be close in her talent to doing that story justice. but i'll tell you, if anyone would be interested, just tell me and i'll send the fic along. i could also contact the author (alli snow) and i'm sure she'd be ok with it.

i must stop this depressing stuff! (and my fingers are hurting from all my typing )
        ya know Sally You're makin me feel guilty about that little Sam dieing fic I made the other day

And I need happy endings with mine as well...especially if they're long It really stinks when you're reading a fic and you wait months for it to be finished (or it takes hours to read) and then there's a sad ending
        Last edited by Regularamanda; 26 April 2009, 05:15 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          elders!?

i'll have you know i'm 11!

Spoiler:
          just count each limb as 11 and multiply by four.

here's a random question: what's THE saddest s/j fic you've ever read? you don't have to have the name or author, just what was sad about it.

for me, it was one where sam and jack were the only survivors from the earnest littlefield ep of s1, and jack was so badly injured that he asked sam to end his life. she did. and she spent years alone and ended up going insane.

another one was sam was staying at jack's house, but you knew something horrible had happened to her because she was so distant and almost weird. and then it came out, at the very end, that sam was dead and was a ghost staying with jack. and when she finally figured it out, she left him.

another one, i can only remember this short snippet of sam and jack being trapped in a cave and sam is dying. there's a way out, but sam knows she'd never make it, even if they got her out. so on the way up, she either cuts the rope or cuts it before she gets too far off the ground or something, because all i can really remember is sam being on the floor of the cave and looking up at jack as he's yelling madly to her... and her knowing this was her last moments of life and seeing him going to safety... aaaahhhh!!

i know there's others, but they're not coming to me right at this moment. which is good!

(my pet peeve of heart break is sam dying )
          Let's see ... there's a story where Sam has been infected with a lethal and contagious virus and is quarantined in isolation at the SGC, dying. Jack and Daniel have been talking to her from the observation room. Jack can't stand to watch her alone, dying in that room. And so, against Hammond's orders, and defying Teal'c (who is guarding the door to Sam's room), he goes to Sam and dies with her, because the minute he entered the room, he was infected also.

In another, it's been 5 years since Jack was stranded on Edora. He and Laira have had a child, and Jack is relatively happy. Daniel shows up on a spaceship of some kind, and Jack is ecstatic at seeing him. His joy is shortlived, because it turns out Laira had not told him about hearing Sam's voice on the radio, so Jack didn't know anything about Teal'c trying to tunnel his way to the surface and Teal'c died. After all the effort at trying to get Jack back, and failing, Sam became increasingly mentally unbalanced, and died in a car crash. While it was never proved to be the case, it was suspected the NID was involved in Sam's death. Daniel has brought some of Sam's ashes and a lock of her hair to give to Jack. Daniel has to tell Jack about all this, and Laira's deception is exposed. Not only does Jack turn on her, but so do the villagers, because she was also responsible for the rest of the villagers being stuck on earth all that time. Jack takes their child and returns to earth with Daniel. He tells Laira she can come, but that they'll never be a family. I don't recall whether she went with him or stayed on Edora.

There have been others I've read that were extremely sad and involved the death of either Sam or Jack or even Teal'c or Daniel, but I don't recall enough details at the moment.

Comment

At the risk of repeating myself, I just cannot read major character death. I read fanfic for relaxation. I love danger and adventure (and, of course, romance), but I won't read it unless I know it has a happy ending.

I don't even like for them to be severely whumped.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.
            Agrees with your post. After reading those I described, and a few others, I stopped a long time ago. (I cheat when I come across ones that say "major character death" and peak to see who it is, and then avoid the story.) I don't even read much in the way of angst, because most of the ones I've come across don't have an even remotely happy ending, and I just can't take that. I do, however, read hurt/comfort and adventure/mystery, and some apocafic type stories, of which there have been some really great ones, and - of course - I love fluff stories.

Comment

I remember a fic - and I have long since lost the link - that has a twist to Entity. They had downloaded Sam's consciousness into Jack because something was up with her body. It was angsty as they were both dealing with the other's angsts, slightly whumpy, and beautiful with the way each accepted the other completely within the confines of Jack's mind.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hey all! I’m swinging by to see if any of you AT fans have an answer to our (picspam) query:

Has AT ever talked about working with Christopher Heyerdahl back in her SG days? I’ve never seen an interview but perhaps you guys have
                Loquita at LiveJournal

Comment

Paley poll:OT
                  Spoiler:

JackFan: Our website's poll functionality unfortunately does not allow us to restrict people to one vote per person. So you are right, the results are highly unscientific. The Jack O'Neill fans gave him an astronomical number of votes early on, and now it appears fan groups favoring other characters are doing the same. So I guess all's fair in love and war. You Jack fans should jump back in the fray after all.

While the results of this poll may not be "accurate" per se in voting which sci-fi character is the best leader, it has become a very interesting snapshot of fandom. So we look forward to continuing to watch how this poll develops.

Mike (paleycenter.org web manager)

Jack is lagging behind Benjamin Sisko, in the Star Trek smackdown! Go and vote for Jack, prove he's the better leader!

http://www.paleycenter.org/star-trek-smackdown
                  Last edited by trupi; 26 April 2009, 06:04 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Agrees with your post. After reading those I described, and a few others, I stopped a long time ago. (I cheat when I come across ones that say "major character death" and peak to see who it is, and then avoid the story.) I don't even read much in the way of angst, because most of the ones I've come across don't have an even remotely happy ending, and I just can't take that. I do, however, read hurt/comfort and adventure/mystery, and some apocafic type stories, of which there have been some really great ones, and - of course - I love fluff stories.
                    i cheat and look to the end too (re character death).

the only one i can't take is sam. ((()))

but i like/enjoy all kinds of other fics, like you mentioned.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a. loquita View Post
                      Hey all! I’m swinging by to see if any of you AT fans have an answer to our (picspam) query:

Has AT ever talked about working with Christopher Heyerdahl back in her SG days? I’ve never seen an interview but perhaps you guys have
                      i wish chris would go back to looking like that (with the hair).

and i remember her talking about working that ep with chris, and how she'd get freaked out when he'd stare at her with those intense eyes. she'd tell him to knock it off (jokingly). i guess she'd just get the willies. hehe.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Just a little something that caught my attention tonight...

* Smilie by Mala50

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                          Paley poll:OT
                          Spoiler:

JackFan: Our website's poll functionality unfortunately does not allow us to restrict people to one vote per person. So you are right, the results are highly unscientific. The Jack O'Neill fans gave him an astronomical number of votes early on, and now it appears fan groups favoring other characters are doing the same. So I guess all's fair in love and war. You Jack fans should jump back in the fray after all.

While the results of this poll may not be "accurate" per se in voting which sci-fi character is the best leader, it has become a very interesting snapshot of fandom. So we look forward to continuing to watch how this poll develops.

Mike (paleycenter.org web manager)

Jack is lagging behind Benjamin Sisko, in the Star Trek smackdown! Go and vote for Jack, prove he's the better leader!

http://www.paleycenter.org/star-trek-smackdown
                          Poll stuffs -
                          Spoiler:
                          Just voted and Jack is now up by .11!!!! Yay for Jack fans!
                          sigpic

Comment

* Smilie by Mala50
                            That pic almost looks like she's puckering up for him!
                            sigpic

Comment

* Smilie by Mala50
                              Have to keep the image tag in for that pic

Look at that look on Sam's face, I love that pic, she looks so happy, obviously because she's with Jack

And seriously Cam knows...that look only adds more prove to it as well as the part
                              Spoiler:
                              in the beginning when they go through the gate and Sam's really sad and he says "I know what happened back there but we need you in here"
                              totally proves that he knows I think at least

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Have to keep the image tag in for that pic

Look at that look on Sam's face, I love that pic, she looks so happy, obviously because she's with Jack
                                Point made.

Comment

Working...
                                X