This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Jacks fishing equipment is excellent, no problems with it!!! Sam loves it...so much that she wants to try the equipment on other places than the cabin as well

And on a more serious note...does someone has for me the links to previous Shipdays in 2006 and 2007...I lost accidentally my subsription on them...and I can't find them back
    I only have

Shipmas 2007

And
    Ship Day 2007

Wasn't around in '06
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Cause I know these things tend to get lost for those who don't have time to carefully peruse the Shipday Thread, as far as I know the new fics from ffnet for shipday are:

Twas the Night Before Christmas, VSS
      One Small Step, JenniferJF
      Row to the Christmas Song, by Cess
      Mistletoe, by Sarai
      The Holiday Inspection, SG-1fanintn
      Jack O'Neill and the Seven Fairies (WOP), Rachel500

If I missed yours posted on FFnet let me know and I'll add it to the library.

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post

Bekki's Which is Worst Quiz

1. Narim or Kerry?
        2. Pete or Fifth?
        3. No kids or no marriage?
        4. If Beneath the Surface never happened or Entity?
        5. No confirmation or no more SG1 movies?

Oooh, ultimatums!
        Which was/would be worst for me as a viewer?

1. Narim

Narim was OK but I seriously could have done without the whole Sam crush/adoration thing. Kerry, on the other hand, I think was a vital piece of the final story in bringing Jack and Sam together.

2. Pete

While I take on board all the Sam needed Pete to realise it was always going to be Jack arguments, personally I could have lived without Pete and happily accepted Sam coming to that conclusion in a different way.

Fifth on the other hand was the ultimate creepy stalker and completely underused as a bad guy in some ways. I would have liked to have seen more of him.

3. No marriage

I guess I kind of see this as being a choice between kids or being together...and while I can see Sam and Jack not having kids, I can't see them not being together now.

4. Beneath The Surface never happened

Because it showed what could be between them. Entity on the other hand showed why they shouldn't be together while they served. If I could only take one episode with me to a Desert Island, it would be BTS.

5. No SG1 movies

I think this is chicken and egg, after all to get a confirmation in a SG1 setting there has to be SG1 movies. So if there were no more SG1 movies then it would be highly unlikely that we would ever get a confirmation. At least if we have SG1 movies there is hope of a confirmation.
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
          Which was/would be worst for me as a viewer?

1. Narim

Narim was OK but I seriously could have done without the whole Sam crush/adoration thing. Kerry, on the other hand, I think was a vital piece of the final story in bringing Jack and Sam together.

2. Pete

While I take on board all the Sam needed Pete to realise it was always going to be Jack arguments, personally I could have lived without Pete and happily accepted Sam coming to that conclusion in a different way.

Fifth on the other hand was the ultimate creepy stalker and completely underused as a bad guy in some ways. I would have liked to have seen more of him.

3. No marriage

I guess I kind of see this as being a choice between kids or being together...and while I can see Sam and Jack not having kids, I can't see them not being together now.

4. Beneath The Surface never happened

Because it showed what could be between them. Entity on the other hand showed why they shouldn't be together while they served. If I could only take one episode with me to a Desert Island, it would be BTS.

5. No SG1 movies

I think this is chicken and egg, after all to get a confirmation in a SG1 setting there has to be SG1 movies. So if there were no more SG1 movies then it would be highly unlikely that we would ever get a confirmation. At least if we have SG1 movies there is hope of a confirmation.
          I was going to actually get around to doing this today, but I think Rachel's saved me the effort because I can just go "ditto" now

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Hey guys! I've just been thinking (yes, I know how dangerous that can be. Feel free to duck and cover ) ... how exactly did Sam word her break-up from Shanahan?

I like to think it was something along the lines of "I'm sorry, Pete. I can't go through with this marriage. I'm in love with someone else but can't involved with him at the moment because of...circumstances. But I'm willing to wait for this relationship with him" (forgive the inelegance of that. I'm sure Sam would have been a bit more tactful but for the purposes of this thread it's just the general gist of it).

The reason I think this is because Shanahan says something along the lines of "I hope you get what you want" which suggests that Sam has at least given him a rough idea about why she's splitting up with him.

What does everyone else think about this? Am I on the mark? Am I off it? If I am off it then how do you think Sam would have worded her split from Shanahan?

Thanks for reading.
            I don't think Sam is too explicit.

Like others I think Pete always knew he didn't fully have Sam's heart - in part I think that's why he proposed to her, in an attempt to secure it. And I think he knew all along that it, the marriage, him, wasn't what she truly wanted. But, as he said, he hoped when she said yes.

I tend to think that Sam handed him the ring back and simply said 'I'm sorry.' The rest I think Pete inferred.
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

internet's back again.. for now.. *fingers crossed*

I hope everyone had a great Shipmas yesterday and everything
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Jacks fishing equipment is excellent, no problems with it!!! Sam loves it...so much that she wants to try the equipment on other places than the cabin as well

And on a more serious note...does someone has for me the links to previous Shipdays in 2006 and 2007...I lost accidentally my subsription on them...and I can't find them back
                Ask Melissa for 2006, she probably still has it.
                sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS ON 2800 TWIN!!!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Ahhhh Finally i did a Catch up in the thread !!! now i'm tired and i got nothing to say...

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                    internet's back again.. for now.. *fingers crossed*

I hope everyone had a great Shipmas yesterday and everything
                    You're not the only ... my internet is amolst like a 'yoyo' ! comes and goes.... with all the storms in the begining of the summer ... no internet during the whole night and morning ... now it's working but i don't know how long it will works...
                    sigpic

Comment

So sorry your dodgy internet spoiled Shipmas for you (((((Aveo)))))

This should make you chuckle

Comment

Here's the list of fics and videos from yesterday:

Shipmas 2008 Fic and Video Post.

Merry Shipmas!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

So sorry your dodgy internet spoiled Shipmas for you (((((Aveo)))))

Oh! really? Thanks Jumble I hadn't noticed my post count!

Spoiler:
                              (internet's still going really slllooooooww -most of the time -
                              which worries me a bit because I have a course test thingy on Weds which has to be don't on the internet ah well uni comps will have to do)
                              Last edited by Aveo_amacus; 14 December 2008, 08:05 AM.
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                Honestly, it isn't that huge of a gap between Valenship and Ship Day. A bit more than 5 months (yes, I know that's a lot of months, lol) but we've got everyone busy with end of school stuff. At least, everyone that either goes to school or has kidlets in school. So I think most people would be too busy for another holiday.

But maybe that's just me...
                                Hello shippers. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through all the Shipmas thread.

I know I don't post here regularly any more, but I thought I'd give my thoughts on the idea of having another ship holiday around Easter time.

We have some really special days, with Valenship, Shipsgiving, Shipmas and, of course, Ship Day; all giving us something to look forward to in our celebration of Sam and Jack ship.

I feel that adding yet more days to our list will just dilute the 'special-ness' of our special days.
                                It will also mean that people who don't have much time, due to real life commitments, will begin to feel left out because they can't contribute anything new to the thread.

I know these days are great fun - I've enjoyed every one of them - but I can't help feeling that you can get too much of a good thing. Remember, less is more.

We still have Valenship as our next special event, and then everyone has plenty of time to prepare for The Big Event - Ship Day.

I certainly don't want to give the impression that I'm a party-pooper, and I'll obviously go with whatever the thread decides to do, but I just thought I'd add my thoughts on the subject.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X