Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said on the Woohoodstock thread, I'd totally be up for a fanfic bookclub! Jann, I'd be happy to help with the organising, but maybe only if no-one else wants to particularly, as I do already do the ep of the week Don't want to hog all the organising! (must rein in ingrained librarian urge to organise everything )

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    I need to get a life!

I think I may have missed a thread or two, but that's quite a total. 305,381 posts!
    Go Shippers!
    Holy Hannah that's a lot of posts! Go us!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Oh my! Awesome job there. Yeah, you missed Valenship out so add another 60 odd pages on there at least.

Jann, you know Fic of the month yep, I'd be up for that but I think it might need more thinking through on how to do it. I mean, should we say, have nominations for a particular theme each month. Like "this month we'll be discussing the best fluff" or angst or chatacter death or apocafic or... oh the list goes on. I think it would be cool to do that and then to select maybe half a dozen possible fics that we all read over the course of the month (some long some short)
    OR... we could also do a Fic or thr ep of the week thing too. i.e. the best post ep or episode tags for this week's episode.

Just a few thoughts. You know me and my overthinking.
    Great idea For the ep of the week ones though, yes yes yes! We already do get fics posted, but the idea with ep of the week is that it can be a reason to post ficrecs as well as artwork and general musings, all with the episode as the starting point. So if ever you (or anyone else) has good recs for fics relating to the ep of the week, jump in and post them!

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Well, since it's fanfic night-

It was in the category "Angst". Thanks to everyone who voted for me!
    You all have inspired me to write a sequel. Really, thanks a lot.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! So very well deserved! Can't wait for the sequel!
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Congrats VSS. You so deserve that award; I love that fic of yours.

Jos...Thank you for the offer(organizing) ...but I'll give ya a break and terrorize Bekki and Amanda with this first!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Hmm, that makes it the PFC. Now we have a title, an acronym, and a mission. Sounds like we're good to go!
        Sweet. All we need now is a logo....

*looks at the Artwork girls and boys pleadingly*

You know I went bed last night early hours this morning and I spent ages mulling over the fanfic or the month idea and I think it will be awesome. We can have proper reviews, votes, all sorts fo cool stuff. I can't wait!
        EDIT: meant to say, if I can help in any way I'm up for that.

Ah I love that fic. It's so... angsty.

spoiler for fic
        Spoiler:
        By far the best of the stranded alone together fics I've read.

The award is well deserved. Well done.

Right, enough mincing about on the net. I have beans, broccoli and onions to plant.
        Last edited by Cagranosalis; 26 April 2009, 01:44 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Sweet. All we need now is a logo...

*looks at the Artwork girls and boys pleadingly*

You know I went bed last night early hours this morning and I spent ages mulling over the fanfic or the month idea and I think it will be awesome. We can hve proper reviews etc. I can't wait!

spoiler for fic
          Spoiler:

Right, enough mincing about on the net. I have beans, broccoli and onions to plant.
          PM Oma about the logo Maybe we can have it as one of our weekly challenges That's what we did with VSS's rewatch
          sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the lovely congrats on my fic. I think that fic of the month idea sounds really great! It's going to be a long haul until SG1-3 and that will really keep the ship sailing, I think. I've got my hands full with the rewatch or I would volunteer to help.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the lovely congrats on my fic. I think that fic of the month idea sounds really great! It's going to be a long haul until SG1-3 and that will really keep the ship sailing, I think. I've got my hands full with the rewatch or I would volunteer to help.
              You know, I just feel like saying how awesome we are as a community! All these ways we've come up with to keep the mojo up, the spirits high, the family united and the ship sailing while we wait until movie 3 and our confirmation We're pretty fab I reckon (((((ship family)))))
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                PM Oma about the logo Maybe we can have it as one of our weekly challenges That's what we did with VSS's rewatch
                I like that idea! And perhaps insert making some banners for it as well

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                You know, I just feel like saying how awesome we are as a community! All these ways we've come up with to keep the mojo up, the spirits high, the family united and the ship sailing while we wait until movie 3 and our confirmation We're pretty fab I reckon (((((ship family)))))
                We rock
                sigpic

Comment

Woohoo(d)! I love the idea of making artwork for the PFC (also could mean Pretty Freaking Cool )

We could also give the banner of the fic of the month to the author of whichever fic we're reading...you know, to make them feel loved

Josiane - i agree completely! We really do rock!!! And I think it's also thanks to our more 'senior' members who kept at us about not falling into holes of inactivity a while back!!! *huggles all* Go Penguins!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Whee! I've finally caught up.

Absolutely adore Metamorphosis! I actually didn't notice the Teal'c nodding bit first time round - I think I must have sneezed or something - how could I miss such a great moment!

Stargate watchers / shippers I know: Nobody. Which is why I come here!

Really like the fic of the month idea - it would mean people with not a huge amount of time for reading (like me!) would get a nice starting point to work from. Did that make any sense at all?

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Congrats VSS. You so deserve that award; I love that fic of yours.

Jos...Thank you for the offer(organizing) ...but I'll give ya a break and terrorize Bekki and Amanda with this first!
                      That's so not be terrorizing us

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Woohoo(d)! I love the idea of making artwork for the PFC (also could mean Pretty Freaking Cool )

We could also give the banner of the fic of the month to the author of whichever fic we're reading...you know, to make them feel loved

Josiane - i agree completely! We really do rock!!! And I think it's also thanks to our more 'senior' members who kept at us about not falling into holes of inactivity a while back!!! *huggles all* Go Penguins!!!
                      Ohhh I like that!! I really do, that would be cool!

BTW Cags I love your 'some people live in the gutter, others are looking at the stars' sig

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Jann, awesome idea to organize the PFC!!!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        And the Spanish speaking world!!! Muhwahahaha!!! ...Isn't English and Spanish the two most spoken langauges?
                        No, Chinese and Hindi are, then English and Spanish (if i remember it right form my studies )

Congrats VSS!!!!! You so deserve it! Looking forward to read the sequel!

OT

Spoiler:
                        Had an AWFUL day today. Mom took me shoping again... She hadn't got enough of it yesterday... And before it some old building burnt near our house and it was a lot of noise like a ton of fireworks blow up. It's all ended at 5 am. Then i decided to go to the shower and something huge was flying here. Thanks that almosr all house were not sleep cause a was screaming so loud... and it was just a bumblebee thohough it only got warm two days ago... Awful, AWFUL day!
                        sigpic

Comment

spoiler for fic
                          Spoiler:

Agreed. But I've lost the link from my bookmarks. Can someone post is once more, please?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

Agreed. But I've lost the link from my bookmarks. Can someone post is once more, please?
                            Do you mean VSS's fic? - As The World Doesn't Turn

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              Do you mean VSS's fic? - As The World Doesn't Turn
                              Yup, thanks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                As the Gate Turns

EDIT: Darn I was too slow!

As for the progress about the Penguin Book Club...we've worked out the details...now I have to write some small stuff to make it look good etc...

but if someone has already good rec's for the first time please PM them to Bekki, Regularamanda or me!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X