This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    I'm assuming this book is written at the end of S8? If that's right, then I think Jack would still be uncomfortable discussing Sam's private life, maybe a little hurt as well, because he doesn't know who is the father of Sam's son. But I'm gonna stop there cause I didn't read the book and have only a vague idea what's it about.
    It takes place during Season 10. Thanks for your POV on this. I hope you do read it, Devilish Me. I'm enjoying it and the more I read, the more I'm convinced it would have made a far better 200th episode than what I saw on TV...IMHO of course.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Woohoo...I conquered my fear and posted in the announcement threads thing

As for Roswell. I don't know. I think he's just uneasy about talking about personal stuff. Jack is a man of action, not a man of words IMHO. So if you can really relate it to if S/J are together, I think not. It could be that she is married to Jack and has a son with him, but it could also be someone else(but I dont think so) ...it just depends on what point of view you look at it.

and I should do posts after 1 am (it's now 2:30 am in here ) ...sleepy minds are bad for me...

So...Night shippers. Have a good evening!!!
    Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
    Or he's trying to protect Sam by protecting the future timeline, knowing it's him who she'll have her son by and get married to and he knows if he mucks up, he mucks up his chance with Sam too?
    Nice take on it, starlover and Lady eliza. Thank you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

OT:
      Spoiler:
      LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!! I just adore SKILLET...They ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Alan, you're welcome. I've just been personally reassured we won't be deleted. For now, we're safe. Only 6 out of 100 would be deleted in the worst cases- we're not in that 6, we're safe.
        sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
        My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
        http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
        http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
        Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Alan, you're welcome. I've just been personally reassured we won't be deleted. For now, we're safe. Only 6 out of 100 would be deleted in the worst cases- we're not in that 6, we're safe.

Oh blessed relief! That's a weight off everybody's shoulders I'm sure.

LONG MAY THE SHIPPER THREAD CONTINUE!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            I did...coz we won...you are the only one left we haven't defeated found in the cave yet...but the others have already wandered and put their toes in the gutter(or even more bodily parts)

Soon you will be there as well. with your sword and will fight for the gutter...after of course some rehabilitation courses to let you see the true path.
            Ha, it will never happen! *hides deeper within the angst cavern*

Comment

It is a huge relief!
              sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
              My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
              http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
              http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
              Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

It is a huge relief!
                Guess I'll stick around and keep lurking after all (with fellow forum lurkers).

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry View Post
                  OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  LOVE YOUR SIG!!!!! I just adore SKILLET...They ROCK!!!!!
                  Thanks! They are my favorite band

Whoo!!!!!
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*Phew!* I love when crises are begun and solved by the time I get home from work. Keeps me from having to get too fired up. Although I was worried for about 10 minutes there.

Comment

My message to Darren and his team:

Spoilered for possible length:
                      Spoiler:
                      Hi Darren,

I realize you and your team will have been inundated with emails and pm's following your Vision Statement posting and I'm sorry to add to the cacaphony.

I subscribe to 8 threads, all shipper related, and 90%of my posts are on the Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread. I, like many others, dislike negativity in any form so I avoid those threads that offer that atmosphere; ie, nothing but bitter commentary and ugly recriminations.

I sincerely admire your and your team's efforts in keeping GW a pleasant and positive place to be on the 'net. In that light, I hope that the Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread remains intact. As a scholar, I have often been impressed by the self-policing that takes place on that thread and the concerted effort made by members to keep it a 'safe' and family-friendly place to share our love of all things Sam and Jack.

Thank you for all of your efforts, on behalf of the fans of the phenomenon that is Stargate, and I look forward to many more years of reading and participating in the shipper forum that has become my online home.

All the best,
                      Pol
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        My message to Darren and his team:

Spoilered for possible length:
                        Spoiler:
                        Hi Darren,

I realize you and your team will have been inundated with emails and pm's following your Vision Statement posting and I'm sorry to add to the cacaphony.

I subscribe to 8 threads, all shipper related, and 90%of my posts are on the Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread. I, like many others, dislike negativity in any form so I avoid those threads that offer that atmosphere; ie, nothing but bitter commentary and ugly recriminations.

I sincerely admire your and your team's efforts in keeping GW a pleasant and positive place to be on the 'net. In that light, I hope that the Sam/Jack ship family discussion thread remains intact. As a scholar, I have often been impressed by the self-policing that takes place on that thread and the concerted effort made by members to keep it a 'safe' and family-friendly place to share our love of all things Sam and Jack.

Thank you for all of your efforts, on behalf of the fans of the phenomenon that is Stargate, and I look forward to many more years of reading and participating in the shipper forum that has become my online home.

All the best,
                        Pol
                        That's a great little letter you've put together there, Pol! I like that very much!

Comment

Some more reassuring news out of the vision statement thread...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          no final decisions have been made about the C&R folder, however, in keeping with the idea of 'find your joy and revel in it', i really can't see a reason to shut down a thread where people are expressing their joy is a positive way.

In the various scenarios we've bandied about, any thread where people are celebrating a pairing or character is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                            *Phew!* I love when crises are begun and solved by the time I get home from work. Keeps me from having to get too fired up. Although I was worried for about 10 minutes there.
                            I'm with you on this Seahen! whew!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

whooooo!!!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

(Repost from Samanda)

Here's my version of S9 The Powers That Be and The Fourth Horseman :

Dr. Lam: I'm off to P8X-412 now to check on how bad the peoples conditions have worsened.

Landry: From what I've heard, it's pretty bad.

Dr. Lam: It is, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do. How are things here?

Landry: Very bad, Mitchell is out now trying to find as many people affected, this disease is spreading faster and worse than any plague known to man. Get your team and move out.

Daniel: Good God, I've never seen withdrawal symptoms as bad as this, these people are truly suffering. Where's Lam?

Dr. Lam: Daniel it's much worse than I thought, I've never seen so many people in such pain, and pleasure at the same time. This disease merciless.

Daniel: I agree, ever since July 27, 1997, it's just been getting worse and worse. At least we know what to call it, thanks to Sally Murphy, the woman who named the disease. I just hope things are better back on earth.

*Back on Earth*

Cam: It's bad sir, and it just keeps getting worse. He caught a flight to Denver…with connections to Chicago and New York. Sir I'm afraid we've lost control of the situation.

Landry: Damn, if this goes on... my God help those souls.

Walter: Sir…just received a communicate from the white house. It's infected 18 more cities. It seems anyone who has a TV, computer or sees her in anyway becomes affected with the disease.

Landry: My God.

Landry: Can I have your attention please…at last count we have reports of over 8,000 people affected in 13 states. As a result of these numbers…as of 0800 this morning the president has ordered that all borders in the United states be closed until further notice… all inbound planes and ships and other traffic will be ordered to divert to alternate destinations…our country is now entirely…under quarantine. Anyone affected with ~TAE~ and/or are showing any remote signs and symptoms of ~TAE~ are to report it immediately and from there you will be quarantined.

In the mean time, try your best to avoid any all episodes of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Sanctuary, and be sure to avoid any and all Stargate and Sanctuary websites and forums. Especially Gateworld, it's ground zero there. And most IMPORTANTLY, I can't stress this enough, absolutely avoid the woman who started this merciless disease in the first place, Amanda Tapping. If you see her, or so much as hear her voice, you will immediately become affected, and start showing signs and symptoms of ~TAE~. And worst of all, unfortunately there is no cure to ~TAE~, some might even say it's a cure on it's own.

Here are some pictures of the target, she needs to be captured so we can better understand the disease. You are NOT to look at them for more than 7 seconds, or you will most likely fall victim to ~TAE~, especially you men. Remember this woman must be brought in at all costs, and remember, this woman is off limits, and is considered EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to a persons heart.

Spoiler:
                                Enter at own risk:

Spoiler:
                                Remember, you've been warned! Don't blame me if you become affected!
                                Spoiler:

Last edited by Rocky89; 16 December 2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X