Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a note for anyone who's thinking about that 10 Season complete SG-1 DVD set from Amazon...I was browsing comments about it and it seems that there have been a lot of complaints about the discs being scratched and pitted, in some cases to the point of being unplayable. So if you're considering investing in this set, just beware that there have been problems and be sure to check your discs once you get them.
    sigpic

Comment

Nawww that sucks! I can't find them In Aust anywhere >_<
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        yes on both, especially the first.

i don't really see fifth as a stalker, but more of a new-to-handling-emotions being that took sam's betrayal like a child would.

sally
        I agree, he had an innocence about him. I guess what I mean is, for a person to be truly evil, they have to *know* they're evil and doing something very wrong, and then do it anyway. Fifth did evil, yes, but he didn't *know* he was doing evil. He was just striking out out of pain. He's more like a little boy angry over not getting what he wants and throwing a tantrum.

Pete, meanwhile, knew every second he was doing it that he was wrong to stalk Sam and *very* wrong to use government resources to try to get information he wasn't supposed to have. That, IMO, makes for true evil. To know you're doing wrong and why it's wrong, and yet do it anyway.

As for Pete being necessary to the progression of the ship, Sam could have come to the same revelation by dating a lot of guys - without the commitment or the sex.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

"Oh, I'm sorry! My head!"

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Heeheehee. I think your caption mojo is thinking of coming back! Let's try another...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../OutofMind.jpg
          You were right! I do feel better now you've taken that pesky contact out of my eye!
          LOL, it fits really well. Their expressions are perfect.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
          Yes, but notice there's a theme...

HEADACHE? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE A HEADACHE?!?!
          Lol, Sam's look of outrage. She hadn't hit him that hard, had she?

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
          Just a note for anyone who's thinking about that 10 Season complete SG-1 DVD set from Amazon...I was browsing comments about it and it seems that there have been a lot of complaints about the discs being scratched and pitted, in some cases to the point of being unplayable. So if you're considering investing in this set, just beware that there have been problems and be sure to check your discs once you get them.

I'm suddenly glad I can't afford it. I love your Christmas tree sig. Jack's pouting fits.
          sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
          My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
          http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
          http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
          Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Yes, but notice there's a theme...

HEADACHE? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE A HEADACHE?!?!
            Why can't I green you!? This one is great, Claudia...it made my busy retail day!

Comment

Ot:

Spoiler:
              Arggh! I hate uni stuff! It's so confusing i have to lodge a help form for my payments and crappy! why does it have to be some confusing i'm not even paying my fees! Gosh! i hate Uni already >_<

*cries*

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                Ot:

Spoiler:
                Arggh! I hate uni stuff! It's so confusing i have to lodge a help form for my payments and crappy! why does it have to be some confusing i'm not even paying my fees! Gosh! i hate Uni already >_<

*cries*
                *hugs* atlantis_babe!
                Spoiler:
                It'll be worth it once you start classes, I promise!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Hey all,

So I've got "Spirits" playing in the background while I work and there are two things I noted:

1. Jack calls Carter "Sam" when he's in the infirmary (post arrowshot) and he's telling her he knows she'll do a good job with her first command.

2. During the Code 9 when Sam, Jack and Teal'c meet at the armory, they're filling each other in on what's happening and Jack grabs a Beretta, hands it to Sam, she chambers a round and hands it back to him. All in unspoken coordination while they're planning their next move. I love that. Reminds me of the gif that floats around here from time to time when she grabs his sidearm (seriously, people OUT of the gutter!) and shoots bad guys while he fires with his other weapon.

(You know, no matter how I write the above, it comes out guttery.) Sheesh.
                  I'll better comment on this...as being the queen of the gutter

But erm...it's really guttery(yup, that came out lame)
                  Poor Jack and Sam always working on Jacks sidearm... Even when T and Daniel are there*feels sorry for the guys*

Sorry for the double post. Just dropping off a wp I made today
                  http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/th_rdawp-1.jpg
                  Awesome WP... btw you do know that your Jack sig is really distracting...

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                  Ot:

Spoiler:

*cries*
                  *hugs*

also hugs to the others who need it!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your Hugs guys!

Spoiler:
                    Ahh! fianlly through all of it after waiting on the phone for ages! >_< i swear this is the most confuzzled i've ever been! oh well nothing left to do do now until after Chrsitmas!

Comment

Yay!

On a completely unrelated note, I think my caption muse has deserted me. I'd really appreciated it if someone could post something stupid and idiotic enlightening that I could make fun of in caption format. Thanks Or I could just insult Bekki more. We haven't had a good ol' insult fest in a while. *giggles*

*cough* Potato Farmer! *cough*
                      Kerry-picker!

"Seahen smells," Bekki yells
                      as she runs away
                      Oh what fun it is to shout
                      and insult friends all day, Hey!

Seahen smells, like hand gels
                      left in the sun all day
                      Oh what fun it is to laugh
                      at Kerry Lover, Yay!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        Kerry-picker!

as she runs away

left in the sun all day
                        at Kerry Lover, Yay!
                        You've lost it. You have seriously lost it.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

It's quiet today!

Congrats on 2000 posts Rachel!!!

*look at the time*

Time zone again!

I'll come back in a few hours then!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            Kerry-picker!

as she runs away

left in the sun all day
                            at Kerry Lover, Yay!
                            ROFL...Poor Seahen. (But great poem)

And I feel the war is starting again...no more peace...hippies...ya have to come to defend the peace!

and again OT :
                            Spoiler:
                            Got back from my Goa'uld doctor....and I got some antibiotics...I hope I feel now better soon
                            sigpic

Comment

Since the thread is slow (and it's WoW Server maintenance day), I figured I'd stir things up a bit. Not picking on you, Buc, but you were the last to express these very common S/J shipper sentiments:
                              Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                              Pete, meanwhile, knew every second he was doing it that he was wrong to stalk Sam and *very* wrong to use government resources to try to get information he wasn't supposed to have. That, IMO, makes for true evil. To know you're doing wrong and why it's wrong, and yet do it anyway.
                              I've avoided mentioning it but, like I said, the thread is slow. Having watched Chimaera live when it was first aired as a non-S/J shipper, I had never even considered Pete as a stalker until I found online S/J fandom. Before that I saw him as actually rather sweet, in that around him Sam finally seemed to smile and relax (even if it was a bit forced). What shippers refer to as his stalking her I took as not truly being pathological and 'evil' but rather a symptom of his neediness and desire to be accepted and loved. As for the illegality of searching Sam's background, I do know from my husband's stint as a PI that most of that sort of information is available to anyone who signs up and registers for access to it through many publically available websites due to the Freedom of Information Act and so I never really saw it as breaking the law but rather one friend asking another to access data he had available to him as a favor. (though in retrospect I do agree it was at least bending the rules.)

So I've honestly always thought Pete got a bit of a bad rap with shippers, especially as in retrospect I think all the 'wrongness', both Pete's grasping for Sam and inability to just accept who she was and the secrets she had, and Sam's accepting his neediness and basically ignoring it, show the relationship was dysfunctional from inception and more an attempt by both of them to fill empty spaces in their lives than a true loving and romantic relationship.

And, really, I think Sam did more wrong (or at least as much wrong) in the relationship as Pete. She was, after all, using him terribly. The fact that he went along with it - even admitting later he knew she wasn't in love with him - doesn't imho absolve her of blame. She in effect led him on, and I have a feeling if the gender roles were reversed and Pete were the beloved regular on a series instead of Sam, she would be painted as the villainess of the piece instead of him.

*ducks*

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                              As for Pete being necessary to the progression of the ship, Sam could have come to the same revelation by dating a lot of guys - without the commitment or the sex.
                              See, I think the commitment and the sex were necessary. Commitment and sex, imho, were exactly what Sam was missing in her life and exactly what she was using Pete for. After all, she has a 'relationship' with the man she loved, they were very good friends, together more often probably than not considering their working relationship, and so I think rather than risk that 'sure thing' who she believed would always be there for her in that capacity by trying for more with him, she tried to find someone else who could give her those two things Jack couldn't. And so it was specifically in those two areas she had to learn no one but Jack could satisfy
                              Last edited by JenniferJF; 16 December 2008, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the double post. Just dropping off a wp I made today
                                http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/missnjack/th_rdawp-1.jpg
                                Great wallpaper!

My next challenge sig:

I have a feeling I'm going to end up doing a "Bah, humbug" sig for all the characters... I really need to get some more Christmas Carol quotes...

Comment

Working...
                                X