This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Guys I'm just letting you know what I was told by the mods. It would be all "Ship", "Pro" and "Anti" threads removed. Not just ours. So do as you what with the information but if the time comes please don't act surprised. Please stay on top of the information Darren is relaying to us through his forum. Thanks
    I believe you.
    I just don't see how removing the specific threads would help create a better atmosphere. Aren't these threads the ones with the least problems concerning hostility?

Originally posted by Solo View Post
    You might even say it's the heart of the fandom?
    Hehe. Yes. Most definatly
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

This is my ship home, my place I can go and everyone knows or will know what I'm talking about. I don't want it to go.
      sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
      My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
      http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
      http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
      Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

We're our own online community.
        sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
        My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
        http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
        http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
        Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
          Wait - there are other threads?
          Yeah, I was surprised too.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Me neighter. Partly becase I just dislike the whole ''my club/character/ship/series is bet-ter attitude'', partly because I like to wallow in my own little world of Ship, Martin and Happy Dancing. Naked.
          Stargate is Team, Storyline Looks and the works, but really, fandom for me is Ship (and thus Sam and Jack). And PTB
          Exactly.

Guys I'm just letting you know what I was told by the mods. It would be all "Ship", "Pro" and "Anti" threads removed. Not just ours. So do as you what with the information but if the time comes please don't act surprised. Please stay on top of the information Darren is relaying to us through his forum. Thanks
          So you actually asked the mods? That wasn't in the information Darren has given in his announcement? If that's the case... *has a heart attack again*

*Devilish Me is no more*
          sigpic
          Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
            This is my ship home, my place I can go and everyone knows or will know what I'm talking about. I don't want it to go.
            ...Where else would we go to Squee about confirmation in Movie Three without making non Shippers feel... uneasy?

...Where else would be post the entire content of our PB albums?
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              Won? Who said the war was over?
              I did...coz we won...you are the only one left we haven't defeated found in the cave yet...but the others have already wandered and put their toes in the gutter(or even more bodily parts)

Soon you will be there as well. with your sword and will fight for the gutter...after of course some rehabilitation courses to let you see the true path.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
              *Devilish Me is no more*
              *sigh*
              *tries to re-animate DM*
              *sees it isn't working*
              *does her special whistles*
              *Jack comes in running with only a boxershort on...and gives DM mouth on mouth to re-animate*

sigpic

Comment

I believe you.
                I just don't see how removing the specific threads would help create a better atmosphere. Aren't these threads the ones with the least problems concerning hostility?

Hehe. Yes. Most definatly
                I don't know what they are thinking (lets face it not all the mods are pro ship) but I'm just dropping the red flag to let you know if we don't voice our concerns, it might be too late. You can also question the mods and Darren to see if what I'm saying is true or just crazy nonsense
                sigpic

Comment

...Where else would we go to Squee about confirmation in Movie Three without making non Shippers feel... uneasy?

...Where else would be post the entire content of our PB albums?
                  On the school computers, trying to convince the non-believers

But it wouldn't be the same*sigh*
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was surprised too.

Exactly.

So you actually asked the mods?
                    Yes and you should also (politely)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      I did...coz we won...you are the only one left we haven't defeated found in the cave yet...but the others have already wandered and put their toes in the gutter(or even more bodily parts)

Soon you will be there as well. with your sword and will fight for the gutter...after of course some rehabilitation courses to let you see the true path.

*sigh*
                      *tries to re-animate DM*
                      *sees it isn't working*
                      *does her special whistles*
                      *Jack comes in running with only a boxershort on...and gives DM mouth on mouth to re-animate*

*DM starts running* Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Stay clear of my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow I always thought that's what she wanted to do to Anise.

Thanks Jann. A lot. Angry Sam... with guns... oy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Ship family *waves*

I was just calling in before I crawled off to bed when I got pulled away by the notice thread thingy about the vision thingy...

As far as I can see it says quite categorically that they are leaving the character threads alone at the moment... Did I get the wrong gist?

Personally, I rarely go elsewhere. I particularly dislike the comments after the news items on GW home... I'd say that needs addressing before anything else. People are so rude to one another and to TPTB, particularly over SGU... To have an opinion myself I need to see it first, and coming from the team that has bought us SG1 and SGA I'm optimistic!

I like it here in S/J we (on the whole) respect one another and have some fantastic discussions pulling out bits of S/J ship that we find in SG1 (and SGA). I honestly wouldn't be here much at all if this thread wasn't here.

I think the S/J family is wonderful *group hug* and now I leave you with a pic courtesy of Paja!

AT is obviously as amused by RDA as Sam is by Jack

Comment

Yes and you should also (politely)
                          But I'm scared of the mods...I can't go out of my comfort zone...Aka...the S/J thread......

and I'm being serious in here
                          sigpic

Comment

*DM starts running* Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Stay clear of my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somehow I always thought that's what she wanted to do to Anise.

Thanks Jann. A lot. Angry Sam... with guns... oy.
                            Rofl!
                            First I read..."somehow I always that she wanted to do Anise" ...

But You'll live right? Even with Sam being a tiny bit mad at you...

Jack can help his followers to live right?
                            sigpic

Comment

Bingo!
                              Quote from Darren:
                              Our long-time members seem to largely agree that GateWorld has grown too negative, particularly in the last year or two. We hear more and more frequently that many people just don't like coming here any more because it is too negative -- or they retreat into their safe and comfortable threads and forsake the rest of the forum. That's what we are out to reform.
                              Re the bolded part ... I guess I don't see understand why he calls it retreating to the "safe and comfortable threads". I just go to the thread(s) that I'm most interested in and don't bother with the rest. Is that so wrong? If I'm not interested in others, then why would I go there? I read the kind of books I do because I find them interesting and/or entertaining, just as I watch TV programs for the same reason. If they take out the threads I'm most interested in, then why bother to stick around?

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                But I'm scared of the mods...I can't go out of my comfort zone...Aka...the S/J thread......

and I'm being serious in here
                                I know. It's taken me a lot to just talk here...(((((((FamiliY))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X