Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I need sleep but I got some more terms out of my friend:

Hayeti - my life
    Habibti - my love (or my lover...but friends call each other habibti and habibi too)
    Ba’ad galbi – my heart
    Ba’ad chabdi – my liver (it's mostly used playfully, not deeply romantic)
    Ya a’asal – my/you honey
    Ya warda – my/you flower
    Ya gomar – my/you moon (beauty is very often compare to the moon in Arabic poetry)

And now I go off to beddies, g'night Fruitcakes!!

EDIT: Oops, LC and anyone else who hasn't done so yet, don't forget to vote today

Last edited by Milena_D; 05 October 2007, 06:16 PM.
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
      I don't remember my son doing a lot of moving at night, BUT LORD do I remember the stretching...DIAGONALLY!!...so I would get these hard spots and the stretching sensation at the top of my belly and at the bottom on opposite sides AT THE SAME TIME! and then there were the head-butts.
      I also recall one night quite vividly, lying in bed reading as my husband was just coming in from work...I mentioned that there had been a lot of movement in the last few moments, so my husband puts tilts his head to one side and lays it against my stomach...LOLOLOLOL...the kid kicks him the ear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      LOL! Oh, your poor husband.

You may not legitmately get Daniel into bed with her, but if they are now sharing a bed because of circumstances, you might(as her pregnancy advances) make her dreams more intense since all her senses will be intensified(hard not to be intensely aware of Daniel if he's doing physical labour around the farm)(geez don't I write good????...some form of 'intense' three times in one sentence<shakes head>) and have her actually physically molest him while she's dreaming...and what red-blooded male isn't going to respond to some degree<g>.
      Yeah, but would he really respond? I know, red-blooded male and all, but this particular red-blooded male has got a conscious ten feet tall. I suppose if he absolutely knew she was dreaming and that she wouldn't remember it other than a dream, maybe he'd indulge himself, but I'm not positive. I'll have to think on this one. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Hmm...a question I have been pondering for quite some time now.
      The only one there I lean towards at all is 'sweetheart'.
      In one of my 'lifetime' pieces he uses 'darling' in...hmmm..'ironic jest' shall we say,lol
      "my love' is too long.
      I think the problem is that I DON'T use endearments and I find anyone else using them in seriousness hilarious...I know I'm weird.
      Yeah, I like 'sweetheart' too, I don't know why it shouldn't work for Daniel. It's not too sugary, not too long, not too slangy (sheesh, that's not a word ) Seems perfect for a Daniel-ism.

And oh my look what I just did...I multi-quoted....YAY ME!!!!!
      I'll be back in a bit with more of my wonderous 'multi-quoting' skills so I can get caught after a long day without ya'll
      LC
      Yay, for multi-quoting! You rock, LC!

Originally posted by RinggoldGate

Daniel and Vala. You have a great idea about them having to share a bed. That could really be funny. There is another part of pregnancy that would work so funny into the story also. Something about the hormones or possibly the 30 to 50 extra pounds but you get hot flashes. I remember going to bed with my cute little maternity gown on and waking up completely naked with all the covers thrown over my husband. The only thing that helped was if I turned a fan directily toward me before I feel asleep. This was in the later months and I can't imagine what a 8 month pregnant woman would look like sleeping with nothing touching her. No clothing or even arm against chest...... We were thankful we had a queen sized bed.
      Hmm, I wonder if they'll be back to the SGC around 8 months. I'm following canon with slight differences here and there. You'll see when I write 'em. Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm supposed to be feeling like a loser and that I can't write worth a darn. You wonderful Fruitcakes have lifted me up and made me forget to keep hating myself. Maybe I'll even become visible after I post this. Thanks girls, for everything.

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
        Actually now that you mention it, I know there's Habibti (sweetheart-ish, Habibi is the version refering to males) and Hayeti (my love for either). My friend is online but she's not answering my nudges

Well he could shorten it to just "trésor"

LoL I'm not sure that I'll actually be making a chart, more like just a list
        LOL...don't think 'habibti' is gonna work..dunno why, just don't.
        Still not crazy about 'tresor' either(so how do you do the accent thing?)
        And WHAT? you weren't serious about making a chart of the appropriate pet-name for each mood????????????Oh I am SO disappointed!
        LC
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Cool, two 16 year old boys. That's a fun age but it is hard to watch them drive off in the car. They are more independent but still our babies.

Daniel and Vala. You have a great idea about them having to share a bed. That could really be funny. There is another part of pregnancy that would work so funny into the story also. Something about the hormones or possibly the 30 to 50 extra pounds but you get hot flashes. I remember going to bed with my cute little maternity gown on and waking up completely naked with all the covers thrown over my husband. The only thing that helped was if I turned a fan directily toward me before I feel asleep. This was in the later months and I can't imagine what a 8 month pregnant woman would look like sleeping with nothing touching her. No clothing or even arm against chest...... We were thankful we had a queen sized bed.

OT
          Spoiler:

Well your 16 year old boy might be chomping at the bit to drive but mine AIN'T!
          He's had a problem since day one with growing up and doing stuff for himself...not to say he isn't independent, 'cuz he is...he's always made sure since day one that we know that HE has HIS OWN mind and will do things when HE is motivated to do them....so he tells us that he'll be ready to get his first job and get his license next year when he's 17...that he feels that he's too young yet to be driving...yeah right we'll see.

NOW Vala throwing off all her clothes and then throwing off the bedsheets could be hysterical...and I'm sure that Daniel would be a little hysterical at the end too!lolololololololol...oh he'll end up sleeping on the floor again for sure,lol
          LC
          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Okay I need sleep but I got some more terms out of my friend:

Hayeti - my life
            Habibti - my love (or my lover...but friends call each other habibti and habibi too)
            Ba’ad galbi – my heart
            Ba’ad chabdi – my liver (it's mostly used playfully, not deeply romantic)
            Ya a’asal – my/you honey
            Ya warda – my/you flower
            Ya gomar – my/you moon (beauty is very often compare to the moon in Arabic poetry)
            Hmm...'hayeti' has possibilities...can you give it to me phonetically so I can hear how it sounds?
            And 'ya a'asal' is good too...could it shortened to 'a'asal'...is in just 'honey'? also can you do it phonetically?
            I can do without the 'flower(reminds of my 'mon petit choufleure'(is that right...cauliflower?)
            And the 'moon' thing doesn't do anything for me either.
            Thanks to you and your friend.
            LC
            sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

NOW Vala throwing off all her clothes and then throwing off the bedsheets could be hysterical...and I'm sure that Daniel would be a little hysterical at the end too!lolololololololol...oh he'll end up sleeping on the floor again for sure,lol
              LC
              Oh no, it took me forever to get him into the bed, we can't have him getting out again!

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post

Yeah, but would he really respond? I know, red-blooded male and all, but this particular red-blooded male has got a conscious ten feet tall. I suppose if he absolutely knew she was dreaming and that she wouldn't remember it other than a dream, maybe he'd indulge himself, but I'm not positive. I'll have to think on this one. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Yeah, I like 'sweetheart' too, I don't know why it shouldn't work for Daniel. It's not too sugary, not too long, not too slangy (sheesh, that's not a word ) Seems perfect for a Daniel-ism.

Yay, for multi-quoting! You rock, LC!

Hmm, I wonder if they'll be back to the SGC around 8 months. I'm following canon with slight differences here and there. You'll see when I write 'em. Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm supposed to be feeling like a loser and that I can't write worth a darn. You wonderful Fruitcakes have lifted me up and made me forget to keep hating myself. Maybe I'll even become visible after I post this. Thanks girls, for everything.

~Erin
                Oh I didn't say he would respond fully...just some.

Oh you're in one of those 'lousy' writer moods too huh?...been struggling with the stuff I've been scribbling this week myself BUT Milena seems to like what I just sent her so I'm feeling much better AND I had introduced this one event that really cried for some elaboration and I couldn't find a way into the scene BUT now I have and everything is much better...and I'll stop rambling now and go back to that way cool 'multi-quoting' thing so I can get caught up on everything I missed earlier today.
                LC
                sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Oh I didn't say he would respond fully...just some.

Oh you're in one of those 'lousy' writer moods too huh?...been struggling with the stuff I've been scribbling this week myself BUT Milena seems to like what I just sent her so I'm feeling much better AND I had introduced this one event that really cried for some elaboration and I couldn't find a way into the scene BUT now I have and everything is much better...and I'll stop rambling now and go back to that way cool 'multi-quoting' thing so I can get caught up on everything I missed earlier today.
                  LC
                  Happily, it didn't last very long. You Fruitcakes are the best! I can't wait to read what you've got cooking LC. I'm sure it'll be fantastic!

~Erin

Comment

Hey everyone, pooping in
                    Congrats to Milena and Isabel on 900!!
                    I'm coming up to the milestone myself, so will try to post like mad in the next couple of hours.
                    BTW the hair game I posted and we're up to 40! Also anyone up for creating bookmarks? I'm in need of a few reading a couple of books atm
                    Last edited by CrazyLikeaFox; 05 October 2007, 07:29 PM.

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I know I seriously drooled over it. I'm thinking something similar to some banners I've seen *grins*
                      Lots of talking people, I'm aiming to get to 900

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

kamiikiteiru, you can call me Susan. I can't wait to see your new video. I'll be back a week from Saturday and I'll check on YT and see if it is up. What do you want everyone to call you here. Some shorten their name, some use real name, and some have a nickname.
                        Most people already call me kami, if you prefer a real name (cause I don't care) then Chelle.
                        sigpic
                        by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                          *nudges writers*
                          Pretty please can we have a D/V Virtual Series?
                          I thought at one point that Kales(come out, come out whereever you are...) had signed up to contribute...maybe she knows what happened to it.

*laughing...tinged with hysteria*

"Not I" said the Duck. No, no, no..."Not I" said the Duck.
                          Sorry me neither for the time being...I got a RL writing project I gotta do and 30ish years of life to create for D/V

And we've got Dala Love!!!

Didja notice(she asked after watching that gif WAY TOO MANY TIMES) that he doesn't just lean in to kiss her, that he actually pulls her towards him? And that just from the way his head is moving before he pulls back he's just as eager as she is with the second one?...okay judging from that amount of over analysis I've truly watched it TOO much now...so I'll stop..I think...maybe....until someone posts it again.
                          LC
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Hi Kami/Chelle how are you? Feel free to call me Cat

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Didja notice(she asked after watching that gif WAY TOO MANY TIMES) that he doesn't just lean in to kiss her, that he actually pulls her towards him? And that just from the way his head is moving before he pulls back he's just as eager as she is with the second one?...okay judging from that amount of over analysis I've truly watched it TOO much now...so I'll stop..I think...maybe....until someone posts it again.
                              LC
                              Don't stop LC! Oh I so noticed it, such a beautiful kiss. How he strokes her cheek, pulls her towards him. Both of them having their hands on each others faces, Vala slowly opening her eyes a smile gracing her face?
                              OMG so cool!! Ok gushing done and unfortunately have to go - falling short of 900 darn it - but I will be back I promise (and that's not a threat...much)
                              See you all later

Banner by Stef
                              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                                Hi Kami/Chelle how are you? Feel free to call me Cat
                                I'm good. I feel like I'm a newbie to the thread after lurking for a bit. Like I should re-introduce myself. Ha.

Anyone read any really good fics lately. I'm one of those fic moods.
                                sigpic
                                by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Working...
                                X