No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to join in on the top five eps and why as soon as I get back from my Mom's house. I have to leave in 20 minutes and I am sure it will take me longer then that

I can't wait to join in the discussion!!
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
      Wow! That's beautiful! Great job!

DJAY
      thank you!

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      Love it, sg-daniel!! Hey, um, what are the rules? Can I, sorta, save it as my desktop background? It's just so pretty

~Erin

Edit: Well, since everyone else is, I guess I can too
      sure you can have fun!

I was so NOT going to do another wallpaper today! But SG Daniel has inspired me to do a "Goodbye Sg1" wallpaper!
      Is it alright to use caps from Gateworld to make these??

DJAY
      teehee, glad that i could inspire you

Ok, it's finished. My latest wallpaper called "Farewell"
      Hope you like it.

Spoiler:

DJAY
      its beautiful!! and the second one as well

Comment

Just had to share...I think I may have just had inspiration for a part 2 to my fic. I was typing in the Lounge thread and it came to me I never knew I had it in me to write
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
          I am going to join in on the top five eps and why as soon as I get back from my Mom's house. I have to leave in 20 minutes and I am sure it will take me longer then that

Just had to share...I think I may have just had inspiration for a part 2 to my fic. I was typing in the Lounge thread and it came to me I never knew I had it in me to write
          I can't wait to see both of them.
          sigpic
          Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
            I remember that there was a lot of debating about that episode and Daniel's behavior. funny thing I really didn't find him being purposefully hurtful. I don't even find him too mean. He was of course too much antagonistic but their relationship was kind of always antagonistic and I *whisper* enjoyed them
            but at the end, I think it served well for a purpose, her going doing her stupid hero act alone and I doubt she would have done it if Daniel hadn't ignored her that much.
            I mean, I understand why they had Daniel be that way...it really did set up the end of the episode...and it provided a nice contrast to the final scene in the infirmary, but I still didn't care for it. Again, maybe it's timing. This episode was right after TPTB. They've done that twice now, put two episodes with HIGHLY antagonistic, almost annoyed interactions between DV right after emotional episodes where Daniel and Vala reach a supposedly deeper level of understanding in their relationship. Besides, I understood Daniel's annoyance in all of the previous episodes...here it seemed random...like there was a missing scene that we never saw where Vala annoyed him. The worst part though is that they seemed to be having fun at the beginning of the episode, flirting almost, and then there's this unprovoked about-face on Daniel's part.

I'm having same problems with that episode like you. After MM it dropped so flat. But I didn't expect it being more than that. The continutity in the tv series is a little wacky But again I like the antigonistic aspect of Dala.
            I love the antagonistic side of DV, it's what drew me to those first 6 episodes of season 9. But I felt like this was Daniel being annoyed for no reason again. Vala got them a ship, she saved their lives, and all he could do was get snippy with her. Still, after repeat viewing, with the expectations gone, I can enjoy some aspects of DV. I like their little banter when she's talking to her "old friend" and then their little "Well, it's better than our plan" and "When she's right, she's right" bits. Like I said, there are always moments in each episode this season that keep me entertained...even if there are parts that annoy me.

Well, it's pretty much just me and gioia right now The more, the merrier!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              The worst part though is that they seemed to be having fun at the beginning of the episode, flirting almost, and then there's this unprovoked about-face on Daniel's part.
              Ahh, that basketball game. It was one of my favorite moments, both team interaction and Dala/Vala. And they were most certainly flirting.
              But for Daniel's snipness to her, it was a little too much but at the ship she was talking a lot, a lot about nonsense. Somehow maybe Daniel got full with it and spat.

I love the antagonistic side of DV, it's what drew me to those first 6 episodes of season 9. But I felt like this was Daniel being annoyed for no reason again. Vala got them a ship, she saved their lives, and all he could do was get snippy with her. Still, after repeat viewing, with the expectations gone, I can enjoy some aspects of DV. I like their little banter when she's talking to her "old friend" and then their little "Well, it's better than our plan" and "When she's right, she's right" bits. Like I said, there are always moments in each episode this season that keep me entertained...even if there are parts that annoy me.
              You know what? you're absolutely right. That episode certainly got its flaws. I considered much to add it my least favorite list and I decided against it because I'm really not dissappointed with it much even if it came somehow strange after MM. But when I was reading your post, I've began to considering editing my least fav. list.

Edit: Hehe, it's done. I'm soo changeable(unsteady?)person

Edit of edited: Kay, Wendy, I see you. Come in, guys. As Stef said, the more, the merrier
              Last edited by gioia; 11 July 2007, 10:45 AM.
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Comment

Ahh, that basketball game. It was one of my favorite moments, both team interaction and Dala/Vala. And they were most certainly flirting.
                But for Daniel's snipness to her, it was a little too much but at the ship she was talking a lot, a lot about nonsense. Somehow maybe Daniel got full with it and spat.
                Was she talking nonsense though? She was warning them about someone she turned out to be completely correct about. She wasn't jumping around, being insanely goofy, nor was she being hyper-sexy and overly-flirtatious. I mean, I thought BW did a good job of writing Vala in "Beachhead." He wrote her as being smart and strong, with a little bit playfulness thrown in for good measure. It was Daniel that seemed off. Like I said, I don't mind Daniel acting annoyed, sometimes her behavior warrants it...but it's when I don't see a reason for it that I get a bit testy. I don't like seeing Daniel annoyed just for the sake of being annoyed. It actually makes me wonder if there were any scenes cut that might have explained this.

You know what? you're absolutely right. That episode certainly got its flaws. I considered much to add it my least favorite list and I decided against it because I'm really not dissappointed with it much even if it came somehow strange after MM. But when I was reading your post, I've began to considering editing my least fav. list.

Edit of edited: Kay, Wendy, I see you. Come in, guys. As Stef said, the more, the merrier
                Aw, now if only I could change your opinion about MM As for the changing, I'm seriously looking at my list and wanting to change the order of the episodes. I'm still trying to figure out what my favorite episode of the season is. It alternates hourly between MM, Bad Guys, TQ2, 200, Unending, and Dominion. I'm so fickle. I probably change my episode ranks in the seasons thread 5 times

As for the lurkers....they're probably still reading our essays

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Was she talking nonsense though? She was warning them about someone she turned out to be completely correct about. She wasn't jumping around, being insanely goofy, nor was she being hyper-sexy and overly-flirtatious. I mean, I thought BW did a good job of writing Vala in "Beachhead." He wrote her as being smart and strong, with a little bit playfulness thrown in for good measure. It was Daniel that seemed off. Like I said, I don't mind Daniel acting annoyed, sometimes her behavior warrants it...but it's when I don't see a reason for it that I get a bit testy. I don't like seeing Daniel annoyed just for the sake of being annoyed. It actually makes me wonder if there were any scenes cut that might have explained this.
                  Hiim maybe with nonsense, I didn't choose my word wisely or well..whatever. The thing I meant before we saw beachhead Vala was talking a lot, and it was unneeded. She even did that zipping mouth hand gesture for shuttting up. Then when she was needed to be heard, they didn't pay attention to her which made her very upset. And you know the rest. She wasn't in her usual playfull-annoying self but the situation required a little more seriousness than she actually showed. When she realized that, it was a little too late. Maybe I'm a little making excuses behalf on Daniel but that's what I got the epi. Even though I think Daniel overreacted I don't see him annoyed for sake of being annoyed.

Aw, now if only I could change your opinion about MM As for the changing, I'm seriously looking at my list and wanting to change the order of the episodes. I'm still trying to figure out what my favorite episode of the season is. It alternates hourly between MM, Bad Guys, TQ2, 200, Unending, and Dominion. I'm so fickle. I probably change my episode ranks in the seasons thread 5 times
                  You're doing absolutely good job on that either. As I said before I really like MM, but the aspect of Daniel and Vala scenes I'm disappointed with it. I was expecting more D/V interaction too. Maybe I should put it in another topic Like the episode which I can't decide what to make of

as for the lurkers, I can't wait to see their two cents too
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

You're doing absolutely good job on that either. As I said before I really like MM, but the aspect of Daniel and Vala scenes I'm disappointed with it. I was expecting more D/V interaction too. Maybe I should put it in another topic Like the episode which I can't decide what to make of
                    Hey, if there were a thread like that, I'd be adding "The Pegasus Project" and "Counterstrike." I feel like I should like them more than I do. They just seem so....forgettable to me and I don't know why because I have no real complaints about them. There's just something that's not completely satisfying, I suppose. My confusion is made all the worse by the fact that most people I talk to list PP as either their favorite or as one of their top 3 episodes of the season.

-Stef

Comment

Hey, if there were a thread like that, I'd be adding "The Pegasus Project" and "Counterstrike." I feel like I should like them more than I do. They just seem so....forgettable to me and I don't know why because I have no real complaints about them. There's just something that's not completely satisfying, I suppose. My confusion is made all the worse by the fact that most people I talk to list PP as either their favorite or as one of their top 3 episodes of the season.

-Stef
                      HEhehehhehhe. I could understand PP even if I liked it much(I also think it was one of the most powerful episodes of S10) Also Counterstrike? I adore that episode. I guess each to each own, as you said before but Counterstrike got very powerful scenes between them and as a whole it was a very good if not one of the best episode. As I said before it was the only time I found Adria as a real threat against the galaxy. Her line 'We have plans for him.' made me cringe.

for PP, I liked it because first Daniel was finally in his personal Disneyland Second, I liked the last scene between D/V at the balcony/terrace. And we got an Ori ship, a hive ship, we closed the gate
                      We did earn one of our few victory against them.
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

Sorry, I had to run to my parents house. I am back now though
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Sorry, I had to run to my parents house. I am back now though
                          Yay!! No problemo, darling
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by Stef

Comment

-Stef
                            HEhehehhehhe. I could understand PP even if I liked it much(I also think it was one of the most powerful episodes of S10) Also Counterstrike? I adore that episode. I guess each to each own, as you said before but Counterstrike got very powerful scenes between them and as a whole it was a very good if not one of the best episode. As I said before it was the only time I found Adria as a real threat against the galaxy. Her line 'We have plans for him.' made me cringe.

for PP, I liked it because first Daniel was finally in his personal Disneyland Second, I liked the last scene between D/V at the balcony/terrace. And we got an Ori ship, a hive ship, we closed the gate
                            Okay, going to sort of work my way backwards here, so forgive me.

I loved PP. It is one of my favorite episodes. As Gioia said, you got a little bit of everything. You got Daniel FINALLY getting to Atlantis, you get Sam/McKay interaction, which I love("Was I naked?" "Partially"), you get to see SG-1 interact with SGA, you get both sets of bad guys and a sort of payoff with them turning off the gate. I even love the interaction between Daniel and Vala in this ep. It is not necessarily the shippiness that we all crave. I love when he pulls her away from veering off, and how he gets annoyed when she wants to look for "trinkets" or whatever word she used. I think that the balcony scene at the end was very nice. It would have been even greater if they had started making out....but that is just me

As for Counterstrike, it was a very good episode but I think something was off. I am still trying to figure out exactly what it is, but it is just not one of my favs.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

See, those are valid points. In my head, I know that they were great episodes....but for some reason I just don't connect to them in the same way that I do to all of the other ones. Hence, why I like "Uninvited" more than PP or "Counterstrike" (BLASPHEMY!!!!!). There are definite moments in each that I like though....in PP: the balcony, Daniel going off on Morgan, explosions, SGA meets SG-1, Rodney/Cam...in Counterstrike: Sha're discussion and Adria's entrance. I'm a freak, aren't I? I'm probably the only person on this board who didn't love PP Maybe I should see a doctor. And I can't even blame it on a lack of D/V.....because there was some. But I also love episodes that have NO DV, so I know it's not just me being narrow-minded. Bleh. Doesn't someone out there somewhere share my confusion?!

This is why I would be chatting up a storm in this theoretical thread for confused opinions.

Can't wait to see what you have to say, DJgirl!

I feel like I should be doing something...oh, that's right, packing up for my big move on Saturday. Eh, I'll just do that tomorrow-Saturday. Besides, I have no boxes anyway. Time to go to the liquor store.....for boxes

-Stef
                              Last edited by Stef; 11 July 2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Okay, going to sort of work my way backwards here, so forgive me.

I loved PP. It is one of my favorite episodes. As Gioia said, you got a little bit of everything. You got Daniel FINALLY getting to Atlantis, you get Sam/McKay interaction, which I love("Was I naked?" "Partially"), you get to see SG-1 interact with SGA, you get both sets of bad guys and a sort of payoff with them turning off the gate. I even love the interaction between Daniel and Vala in this ep. It is not necessarily the shippiness that we all crave. I love when he pulls her away from veering off, and how he gets annoyed when she wants to look for "trinkets" or whatever word she used. I think that the balcony scene at the end was very nice. It would have been even greater if they had started making out....but that is just me
                                Yay, those are reasons why I love that episode. and Sam/Rodney was hilarious at there. And your ending with the terrace scene is awesome as always. Open air make-out is always fun

As for Counterstrike, it was a very good episode but I think something was off. I am still trying to figure out exactly what it is, but it is just not one of my favs.
                                I really would like to see your thoughts about Counterstrike, why you found it somehow off because it was second on my list and I really loved that episode.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X