Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
    I will probably give my current seasons to my BFF and get the complete set at Costco. They haven't carried the single seasons in a while. Last year they carried the single seasons of Buffy and Angel and then around Christmas they had the boxed stes.

I just hope they put audio commentary on the first three seasons and Threads
    Now are these 4 special discs not the "extras" in the 5 disc sets? if so i am debating on selling my seasons on ebay to buy the new set... whaddaya think? (costco here I come )

Originally posted by djay View Post
    Anyone reading the fanfic called "After Effects" over on Fanfic.net? It is just so angsty and full of Daniel Whumping. I recommend for those evil Danny whumpers and angst lovers out there!

Spoiler:
    Poor Vala is able to share in Daniel's agonising pain after he is injured with bodily contact because of the special link the bracelets gave them. So she puts herself through the absolute agony to spare his pain... Sigh!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3569592/1/After_Effects

DJAY
    Oh yeah great fanfic, sobbed and sobbed.

Stef- moving on is always the hardest, but look at it this way... time for a new adventure. My "baby" (ok she is 24) is heading to grad school this year (she has only been home summers for the past few years) and it is making me sob too. SHE is excited and happy, the Mama is sad and crying , and her Dad can't decide. Sometimes he gets sad, other times he looks forward to a new spare room in our house! (honestly he covets her closet space!) Just cry a bit Stef and then get excited! Good luck and Bon voyage!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      This isn't DV, but I know that there are some J/A fans in here....
      Spoiler:

Not to be outdone, here's a D/V one....
      Spoiler:

EDIT: Or for a bit more color on that last one....
      Spoiler:

-Stef
      Stef, these are gorgeous!! I liked that wedding dress on Aeryn way better than the strapless one in the rest of the dream. And is that a tiny picture of Sam in the middle? Sortof on Daniel's shoulder? Interesting.

Great job,
      Erin

Comment

Okay, I have finally written my first tiny fic *squees* It can be found here: No More

No spoilers on plot, may contain character death, and it is of course Daniel Vala.

You have to let me know what you think. The fate of me writing more fics rides on this one
        Last edited by DJgirl; 10 July 2007, 03:09 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          Now are these 4 special discs not the "extras" in the 5 disc sets? if so i am debating on selling my seasons on ebay to buy the new set... whaddaya think? (costco here I come )
          I have no idea yet but I believe the four extra discs will contain additional materials. I have no idea if Costco will carry it but that is my theory at this moment. I saw that the set will be available on October 6.
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
            Hey gals (and guys?), I bring a new vid. It's simple and plain, but I'm just getting my feet wet, so please do check it out.

Download at my LJ
            Hey, that was really good! I liked the parallels... Daniel holding Vala's face in the beginning, then cut to her touching his face in front of the gate; and then later on in the song cutting Vala shoving Daniel out of the way of Tomin's blast with Daniel shoving Vala out of the way of Adria's attack.

I liked how it sometimes followed the lyrics, "I had to find you..." and the scene from MM of Daniel telling Cam that he still hopes they can find Vala (I think that was the gist of what he said).

I also liked how the scenes were cut together to the beat of the music - maybe that's the point of a vid but you did it well.

Aah, I love vids! I love watching these two! It might be the same scenes over and over and over again, but it's like watching the best of S9 & S10 in compressed form. Keep it up, vidders!!!

Later,
            Erin

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
              hey girls, just made a wp, originally i just wanted to put some pics together and put it on the desktop, but ended up making a real wp now and awwwwwww i love it so much
              using it for my desktop now

Spoiler:

Wow! That's beautiful! Great job!

DJAY
              He's her Lobster!
              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

WooHoo! Claudia Black won a Constellation Award!:
                # Best Female Performance in a 2006 Science Fiction Television Episode - Claudia Black, “Memento Mori”

and another SG1 winner!

# Best Male Performance in a 2006 Science Fiction Television Episode - Ben Browder, “Company of Thieves”

Go guys!!!

DJAY
                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                  I have no idea yet but I believe the four extra discs will contain additional materials. I have no idea if Costco will carry it but that is my theory at this moment. I saw that the set will be available on October 6.
                  Yes, it looks like it is additional material on the four DVDs.
                  This is the MGM release:

Spoiler:

Surprise! MGM is working on a complete series set for Stargate SG-1. Okay, it’s not a surprise at all, since it was almost a given that there would be a big set released for the popular sci-fi series. The set will include all 50 discs from the 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1, plus 4 bonus discs filled with content that didn’t make the original sets. Suggested retail price is $299.98 (minus whatever discount a retailer applies), and the set should be released on October 9.
                  He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel View Post
                    hey girls, just made a wp, originally i just wanted to put some pics together and put it on the desktop, but ended up making a real wp now and awwwwwww i love it so much
                    using it for my desktop now

Spoiler:

Love it, sg-daniel!! Hey, um, what are the rules? Can I, sorta, save it as my desktop background? It's just so pretty

~Erin

Edit: Well, since everyone else is, I guess I can too
                    Last edited by ErinB; 10 July 2007, 05:17 PM. Reason: answered question myself

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                      Okay, I have finally written my first tiny fic *squees* It can be found here: No More

No spoilers on plot, may contain character death, and it is of course Daniel Vala.

You have to let me know what you think. The fate of me writing more fics rides on this one
                      That's very well written, DJGirl. Now maybe you can branch out into something longer. Great job.

DJAY
                      He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                        That's very well written, DJGirl. Now maybe you can branch out into something longer. Great job.

DJAY
                        I wasn't even sure this was going to be good. That is why I kept it short and sweet...LOL

Speaking of sweet, I do have a longer one already in the works and this will be a fun one

Thanks for the comments and feedback!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post

Oh my gosh, DJgirl, that was so ... TRAGIC... I guess it's perfect for Tragi-day but geez, I need chocolate, right now

Still... I think it was very well written. Please don't stop

~Erin

EDIT: Wow, I think I just doubled my post count today
                          Maybe, I should think about replying to a bunch of posts all in one shot. Oh well, maybe we'll stay on page 1 this way.

P.S. Have I mentioned yet today, how much I love sitting at the "cool kids' table" This thread rocks!!
                          Last edited by ErinB; 10 July 2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
                            Oh my gosh, DJgirl, that was so ... TRAGIC... I guess it's perfect for Tragi-day but geez, I need chocolate, right now

~Erin

Thanks Erin. I blame that fic on my terrible mood yesterday
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post

~Erin

EDIT: Wow, I think I just doubled my post count today
                              Maybe, I should think about replying to a bunch of posts all in one shot. Oh well, maybe we'll stay on page 1 this way.

P.S. Have I mentioned yet today, how much I love sitting at the "cool kids' table" This thread rocks!!
                              Still laughing at the cool kids reference! (we are more the Geeks or Nerds!) but love it anyway!

I find it to confusing when someone replies to all the posts at once. May as well up your post count.

DJAY
                              He's her Lobster!

Comment

I was so NOT going to do another wallpaper today! But SG Daniel has inspired me to do a "Goodbye Sg1" wallpaper!
                                Is it alright to use caps from Gateworld to make these??

DJAY
                                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Working...
                                X