No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^_^ You know, I love soundtracks... 'For the Love of a Princess' from Braveheart would make a great Dala vid... as would Across the Stars from Star Wars Episode II ....actually, and soft and melodic songs would be GREAT for Dala....
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
      ^_^ You know, I love soundtracks... 'For the Love of a Princess' from Braveheart would make a great Dala vid... as would Across the Stars from Star Wars Episode II ....actually, and soft and melodic songs would be GREAT for Dala....

I love Soundtrack music too. Across the Stars would be a great one! I also think "Can You Read My Mind", the Superman Love Theme would be good too . There are alot of John Williams's themes that I thought would make good music videos, not just for Dala but SG-1 in general!
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

ohh..someone has just mentioned SW. My SW love doesn't know any boundries.I agreed with you. Across the Stars would be a great Dala vid. it's so tragically wonderful, especially the last part..
        John Williams rocks, ladies
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Heh, sorry Myn.... I shouldn't have forgotten that I understand why you don't want to come here too often though, so no problem.

Pitry -

Unending spoilers

Spoiler:
          Actually I should apologize because I don't know if I was clear enough on my dislike of the scene. I totally agree with you as far as Sam goes. I didn't see any distance on her end at all. I don't think I've seen any distance towards Daniel from her at any time this season actually.

Daniel is the one I have a problem with. He seems more distant towards her IMO... like he doesn't meet her halfway if that makes sense.

FWIW, I rewatched the scene and I liked it a little bit more, but I still couldn't help thinking that Daniel was still more distant towards her (and it made me wonder if his relationship w/Vala had anything to do with it). He seemed almost... I don't know... disappointed in her or ashamed of her when she said she'd given up. Unless I'm seeing it wrong (and I almost hope I am).

I do agree that it seems tptb have lost interest with Teal'c... it's a shame imho.

Also agree about Cam. He did seem the most alone and I felt for him when he was trashing his room at one point. I think the one he really had the most scenes with was Landry and even that wasn't much.

Comment

*runs in*

John Williams and Hans Zimmer are gods among composers... they are fantastic, love them! I'm a huge fan of movie soundtracks... lissen to them all the time... at the moment my fave is Chronicles Of Narnia

And I agree Across the Stars is just beautiful!

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
              hehe.It's me! i 'heart' her eyebrows. Did you see
              Spoiler:
              when she went to Daniel in pink nightie, she lifted one of them up so suggestively. I wish i also could do it myself..I tried to do it last night at the front of the mirror.
              I KNOW!!!
              Spoiler:
              I wonder if she ever got Daniel to use them. Daniel in bondage...yea! Anyways...Claudia's eyebrows is such a part of her acting. Which is good use I think. My eyebrow potential is wasted.

GLD! That poster is awesome!!!
              sigpic
              by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                Heh, sorry Myn.... I shouldn't have forgotten that I understand why you don't want to come here too often though, so no problem.

Pitry -

Unending spoilers

Spoiler:
                Actually I should apologize because I don't know if I was clear enough on my dislike of the scene. I totally agree with you as far as Sam goes. I didn't see any distance on her end at all. I don't think I've seen any distance towards Daniel from her at any time this season actually.

Daniel is the one I have a problem with. He seems more distant towards her IMO... like he doesn't meet her halfway if that makes sense.

FWIW, I rewatched the scene and I liked it a little bit more, but I still couldn't help thinking that Daniel was still more distant towards her (and it made me wonder if his relationship w/Vala had anything to do with it). He seemed almost... I don't know... disappointed in her or ashamed of her when she said she'd given up. Unless I'm seeing it wrong (and I almost hope I am).

I do agree that it seems tptb have lost interest with Teal'c... it's a shame imho.

Also agree about Cam. He did seem the most alone and I felt for him when he was trashing his room at one point. I think the one he really had the most scenes with was Landry and even that wasn't much.
                Unending, take 74,150.
                Spoiler:
                See, I still disagree with you I thought Daniel was being, well, Daniel. In all his Daniel-ism, which is exactly, I would imagine, the reason Sam went to him to talk some sense into him, into the "stop driving yourself mad with learning stuff that won't help you". I dunno, but whenever Daniel's in emotional distress, he distances himself from others - in Forever in a Day, in Meridian, in Heroes, in Ethon.... he rather be alone and brood it over. In fact, the fact Sam actually went to him abuiot that very behaviour is, I think, a hint he was way over-doing it and they were getting worried.

As for her saying shegave up, she was being honest. And I think Daniel shared her pain rather than be disappointed in her. He's given up before, he knows the feeling. I just didn't get any sort of negative vibe on that at all.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I don't understand the anti D/V people, I really don't

Comment

Morning all.
                    Everyone still on a DV high? I still am!
                    There's a lovely new vid up today. Beautiful (but no Unending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48lzMD1Q2Nk

DJAY
                    He's her Lobster!
                    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      Yes, but I doubt they'll be in that situation again, esp with Teal'c around. And the reason why it took three months was because they were with each other 24/7, she kept pestering him and he knew they weren't getting out of this anytime soon. Where as on earth in normal time there are plenty of places for Daniel to run, hide, calm down and make sure he doesn't vent his anger/frustration. So I doubt D/V will get together in reallity, as both will find somebody else. Daniel will not trust Vala personally and meet someone new and once he's seeing someone Vala will forget about Daniel and start seeing someone.
                      Wow, not much to your argument there at all. Might want to think up some stronger points.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        It's amazing how you can love and hate a video so much at the same time. Reminds me of the song "I hate everything about you." I think there is actually a DV vid to that...

EDIT: Yes, there is...by our very own Hybridbabe....If I Hate You...Why Do I Love You?

-Stef
                        I loved putting together that video... and when I get my season 10 eps loaded on my laptop, you'll probably see an explosion of videos from yours truly, as soon as I find the time to do so...

Comment

Ok Can anyone tell me what programmes they use to make videos? Are they free? I might have to start a new hobby.

DJAY
                          He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                            Ok Can anyone tell me what programmes they use to make videos? Are they free? I might have to start a new hobby.

DJAY
                            I use the dreaded Windows Media Maker for my videos... Oui. It's hard to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post

DJAY

I use Windows Movie Maker as well. It can be a pain sometimes, but it's free so I try to be patient.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Thanks.

DJAY
                                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Working...
                                X