Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Fruitcakes!

Originally posted by Kales View Post
    And in final news, Kath was over at mine the other night, and we almost played the drinking game (but then got very drunk without it ). Next time, my friend
    Oh god. Such a bad hangover the next day, but had a great time! Next time, there will be games!

In other news I'm moving house this weekend, so my net access will be limited to nonexistant (like it hasn't been for most of this week anyway ) So yes, I will see all you lovely people in a week or two

And congrats Gioia on 1000!

Other note: while I've still got access, can people post links to fic and stuff so I can d/l and read it in my netless days? Would be very much appreciated
    sigpic
    Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
      Oh, that's too bad we won't be discussing eps this weekend. It's actually easier for me to stay up at night on Friday and Saturday since I don't have work the next day. But I understand that I'm probably the only one without a life on the weekend and I'm ok with that. I'll probably be too tired to talk anyway, I was in a car accident after work yesterday, and I'll be popping pain pills all weekend. Fun

I know I should probably take that last part out, but you guys are sorta like friends and I've been through a pretty rough night and I just wanted to share a little.

Hmmm... D/V wedding... I really liked (who's was it?) hariboo_smirks on LJ but is it also isabelqc?, anyway I think this is the link.

Well, I got nothing else. I've been catching up all day and I'm sorry I missed out on everything. Susan, you're going to DragonCon, right? You must take lots of pictures, pretty please!! I'm very good at begging Oh, and take notes like kami did maybe or no... pics or notes, pics or notes? Aah, I don't know, but whatever you bring back will be awesome, I just know it!

~Erin
      Pretty sure hariboo is isabelqc (LJ vs. FF.net name...I think) and thanks for the link!

And I'll help with the begging!! Pretty pretty pretttttttty please bring back lots of stuff! Or bring a stenographer to record the event as it happens

And of course you can share here Erin! ...is it just me or is this thread accident prone as of late? Oh well, let the pretty reviews from FF.net soothe your wounds!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      That makes sense, but out of curiosity why would they be inviting Allies? It's not like this is really a diplomatic marriage...Vala has no intergalactic significance and although Daniel has done a lot, I doubt his marriage would warrant any major attention. Unless by Allies, you mean off-world friends they have (although I don't think Vala really has any off-world friends...at least none we've met). I guess I'm slightly confused by what you mean.

The honeymoon idea would be nice I just hope he doesn't take too much time explaining the historical significance of each place. This is afterall their honeymoon...there ain't supposed to be a lot of talking

Okay, so it looks like people want to hold off. Is this from Friday up until Sunday night/Monday morning?? Or what?

Erin, I'm sure you and I can come up with a topic to discuss I have nothing but free time these days. On the plus side, I just got a job interview for Thursday. Cross your fingers! Sorry to hear about the accident though, hope you feel better (the pills should help ).

-Stef
      I'll be present for oodles of discussion, I'll just be getting to bed earlier than I have lately (sleeping from 9am-6pm...some would call that ridiculous...like my mother )

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
      Oh you know Thor
      Spoiler:
      before they blew up the Asgard

and Grandpa Nick and the Giant Aliens and Bra'tac, Ry'ac and Kar'yn, Ish'ta and her people, Marin and representatives of Orban, Jonas (provided it is after the defeat of the Ori, and maybe some Ascended beings like Shifu, Kasuuf and Skaara. People who Daniel made friends with and would want to see him happy. Some I think Daniel would invite and some I think would get invited by TPTBs to further diplomatic relations.
      Okay so now I'm thinking of the location, wedding dress, engagement ring and the guest list??? Forshame I think you're absolutely right Maeve, especially for Grandpa Nick and Bray'tac and maybe Jonas. Though the ascended beings will most likely be there no matter where they are right...all knowing and everywhere at once? Is it mean that I'd want the Destroyer of Worlds there?...And that crazy princess chick that got Daniel addicted to the sarcophagus?...and Hathor?
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
        Hello Fruitcakes!

Oh god. Such a bad hangover the next day, but had a great time! Next time, there will be games!

In other news I'm moving house this weekend, so my net access will be limited to nonexistant (like it hasn't been for most of this week anyway ) So yes, I will see all you lovely people in a week or two

And congrats Gioia on 1000!

Other note: while I've still got access, can people post links to fic and stuff so I can d/l and read it in my netless days? Would be very much appreciated
        Hey Kath! Cool about moving, sucky about the internet. I hope you don't mind my shameless self-propaganda

Misappropriation of Lives (complete)

Glow (complete ficlet)

Another Look (complete but not that great, good if you're desperate though)

I have lots of fics in my internet faves that I haven't written, I can get you the link if you want? Off the top of my head I know there's:

Coming Along by DivineJoker (complete, fantastic and NC-17 )

Together by BkWurm1 (complete, fantastic)

Let me know if you'd like more

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Ok, so last weekend when we were all laughing at Megasnake, I realized that I hadn't tivo'd it like I wanted to. But hey, no loss, just MS with a southern accent, and snakes, and a chick named...Erin!!! You're kidding!! MS saying my name!! I immediately checked tivo and it was gonna play again on Thursday so I recorded it (yeah, Thursday and my stupid car crash).

Anyway, I turned on the tv today right when Moebius 2 was on the SciFi marathon (that was a great ep for AT and how she could play a really lovable geek ) and I remembered that I'd taped Megasnake. So, what I've discovered is that if you fast forward through all the snake bits and pretty much just watch MS talking to Erin (yeah, I'm still thrilled about that one) it's not that bad.

Ok, so um, D/V... well, maybe I can find a cute pic...
          Hmm, I love this one!

~Erin

PS: Oh, and oops, Kath, I have a story on my LJ that I'm kinda proud of.

Comment

Thanks guys! More are always appreciated!
            sigpic
            Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
              Okay so now I'm thinking of the location, wedding dress, engagement ring and the guest list??? Forshame I think you're absolutely right Maeve, especially for Grandpa Nick and Bray'tac and maybe Jonas. Though the ascended beings will most likely be there no matter where they are right...all knowing and everywhere at once? Is it mean that I'd want the Destroyer of Worlds there?...And that crazy princess chick that got Daniel addicted to the sarcophagus?...and Hathor?
              Except Hathor is dead. But I totally agree that the Destroyer of Worlds and the crazy princess should deffinantely be invited to show he is taken.=)

Well guest list kind of goes with location. I mean where you have it depends on how many people can be invited. And in this case some guests would be unable to leave the base so if they are invited the location might be dictated.=)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Unending morning after fic- http://maevebran.livejournal.com/88025.html

D/V Fluff- http://maevebran.livejournal.com/92804.html

a couple of 5 things with D/V but mostly Daniel- http://maevebran.livejournal.com/93425.html - five languages Daniel doesn't speak and why
                http://maevebran.livejournal.com/85350.html - Five ways it all ended happily for Daniel (Character death but it is mostly funny)
                http://maevebran.livejournal.com/82566.html#cutid1- five times Teal'c cried
                http://maevebran.livejournal.com/82566.html#cutid2- four names for Daniel's baby Vala wouldn't accept and one she did.

D/V post Dominion -http://maevebran.livejournal.com/84740.html

That is all my recent Stargate non crossover fic from the last month or two.=)
                sigpic
                thanks Stef
                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Oh, that's too bad we won't be discussing eps this weekend. It's actually easier for me to stay up at night on Friday and Saturday since I don't have work the next day. But I understand that I'm probably the only one without a life on the weekend and I'm ok with that. I'll probably be too tired to talk anyway, I was in a car accident after work yesterday, and I'll be popping pain pills all weekend. Fun

I know I should probably take that last part out, but you guys are sorta like friends and I've been through a pretty rough night and I just wanted to share a little.

Hmmm... D/V wedding... I really liked (who's was it?) hariboo_smirks on LJ but is it also isabelqc?, anyway I think this is the link.

I'm glad we discussed 'Insiders' and 'Uninvited'. They are good for Vala's development and growth. So I agree we should talk about LITS, too.

Has anyone wondered what would have happened differently if Daniel had been there in 'Uninvited'? Would he have responded to her 'profiteering' with sarcasm, maybe put her down, given her that 'look' that means you're crossing the line? Would we have seen her go on the defensive then, instead of trying to make valid points (from her pov) about what to do with the monster? Would Daniel have tried to shush her?

I think he might have, and we wouldn't have gotten to see her leadership?/intelligence?/knowledge? on what do to about the creature.

I absolutely LOVED "200"!!!! All the jabs and inside jokes, all the references

I don't know if this was answered of why Daniel is cowardly lion, but on the DVD there's a making of 200 special and I think a fan did a painting or drawing of the original team as 'wizard of oz' and Jack is scarecrow, Sam is Dorothy, Daniel is lion, and Teal'c is tinman. So that's probably why it's written that way. But I like the subtext we all figured out too.

Well, I got nothing else. I've been catching up all day and I'm sorry I missed out on everything. Susan, you're going to DragonCon, right? You must take lots of pictures, pretty please!! I'm very good at begging Oh, and take notes like kami did maybe or no... pics or notes, pics or notes? Aah, I don't know, but whatever you bring back will be awesome, I just know it!

~Erin

((((Erin)))) Sorry to hear about the accident. Pain pills are a godsend

I have been enjoying the SG-1 marathon tonight. I am so glad that Window of Opportunity is on right now. I can't get enough of that episode. Actually I have been fairly happy with all the choices so far. Moebius 1 and 2 and Lost City 1 and 2 are great episodes. Matter of Time isn't too bad either.

I finally got all 639 pics uploaded for Pegasus Project. That took forever. I am off to edit Morpheus next. Then I will be capping 200
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Oh you know Thor
                    Spoiler:

and Grandpa Nick and the Giant Aliens and Bra'tac, Ry'ac and Kar'yn, Ish'ta and her people, Marin and representatives of Orban, Jonas (provided it is after the defeat of the Ori, and maybe some Ascended beings like Shifu, Kasuuf and Skaara. People who Daniel made friends with and would want to see him happy. Some I think Daniel would invite and some I think would get invited by TPTBs to further diplomatic relations.
                    No, absolutely not Jonas!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                      ((((Erin)))) Sorry to hear about the accident. Pain pills are a godsend

I have been enjoying the SG-1 marathon tonight. I am so glad that Window of Opportunity is on right now. I can't get enough of that episode. Actually I have been fairly happy with all the choices so far. Moebius 1 and 2 and Lost City 1 and 2 are great episodes. Matter of Time isn't too bad either.

I finally got all 639 pics uploaded for Pegasus Project. That took forever. I am off to edit Morpheus next. Then I will be capping 200
                      Thanks, Wendy, I'm doing a lot better than I was 24 hours ago.

I bet WoO was the fan favorite since it's on at this great 8pm time slot. It's gotta be one of my favorites too. I'm so glad Teal'c gets a good part in it. Reminds me of a ST:TNG episode where the Enterprise was stuck in a loop. That was a good one.

Anyhoo, glad you got some more capping done. It takes so long to do. Maybe I could just snurch the pics I like from you Please?

~Erin

Comment

Thanks, Wendy, I'm doing a lot better than I was 24 hours ago.

I bet WoO was the fan favorite since it's on at this great 8pm time slot. It's gotta be one of my favorites too. I'm so glad Teal'c gets a good part in it. Reminds me of a ST:TNG episode where the Enterprise was stuck in a loop. That was a good one.

Anyhoo, glad you got some more capping done. It takes so long to do. Maybe I could just snurch the pics I like from you Please?

~Erin
                        Actually I think the fan favorite episode was on at 4 and that was Moebius part 1. That is a good one too.

Teal'c is great in this episode. Actually they all are

Daniel: Maybe he read your report?

Anyways....snurch away. This one could take you a while to go through. TONS of Vala, Daniel, and D/V Pegasus Project
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Okay, found more!

Quick Fix by BkWurm1 (complete and so sweet)

Bad Dreams by Koken Chang (complete, NC-17, post BBQ)

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I have a different take on the wedding.
                            Maybe they plan this big extravagant wedding (and get totally stressed in the process) but things go drastically wrong. As in most cases, SG1 end up in trouble and stranded on some remote world, so Daniel and Vala decide to just go for it there and get married by the local priest or something with their friends sharing in their simple ceremony.
                            Still romantic, but basically just two people declaring their love and committing themselves to one another, surrounded by their closest family, without all the hooha.

Djay
                            He's her Lobster!
                            LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Oh you know Thor
                              Spoiler:

Ah, I see. I could definitely see Bra'tac and his Grandpa but not sure about the others. I don't think they'd be inviting everyone! I guess it's because I see a smaller ceremony, with only close friends and family there.

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                              I'll be present for oodles of discussion, I'll just be getting to bed earlier than I have lately (sleeping from 9am-6pm...some would call that ridiculous...like my mother )
                              My parents seem to think that that sleeping schedule is ridiculous too. Eh, what do they know?

Ok, so last weekend when we were all laughing at Megasnake, I realized that I hadn't tivo'd it like I wanted to. But hey, no loss, just MS with a southern accent, and snakes, and a chick named...Erin!!! You're kidding!! MS saying my name!! I immediately checked tivo and it was gonna play again on Thursday so I recorded it (yeah, Thursday and my stupid car crash).
                              I'm so upset (not really, but go with me) because for some insane reason I thought Megasnake was on tonight...and was cruelly disappointed to find out that it was on yesterday. Alas, that makes me 1-3 where MS TV movies are concerned (only one I caught was "Under the Mistletoe"). Speaking of, I'm still waiting for that rom-com with MS and CB

Well guest list kind of goes with location. I mean where you have it depends on how many people can be invited. And in this case some guests would be unable to leave the base so if they are invited the location might be dictated.=)
                              So, they could have it on an off-world planet...or Atlantis That way everyone they're closest to can be invited.

Yay, thanks for the caps!!

I'm still not entirely sure why WoO is the most popular episode...I mean it's good and entertaining, but THE best?? I guess for my money I would take 200 over WoO...but that's just because it made me laugh more. Good bits though...the juggling, beating Daniel to the translations, and poor Teal'c getting hit in the head every time

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                              No, absolutely not Jonas!!!!
                              Aw, why no love for Jonas?? Hasn't the poor guy suffered enough, being discarded so easily? I kind of feel bad for him...he seemed like a nice guy.

Actually I think the fan favorite episode was on at 4 and that was Moebius part 1. That is a good one too.
                              Interesting. When a lot of people heard about the time travel story for Continuum, they immediately started complaining how Moebius didn't work well. Of course, those might have just been the people who think everything in the past few seasons has been trash regardless of the actual quality. I rather liked it myself I'm one of the people who thought season 8 was a really good season (some questionable episodes, but some of the most memorable as well).

Originally posted by djay View Post
                              I have a different take on the wedding.
                              Maybe they plan this big extravagant wedding (and get totally stressed in the process) but things go drastically wrong. As in most cases, SG1 end up in trouble and stranded on some remote world, so Daniel and Vala decide to just go for it there and get married by the local priest or something with their friends sharing in their simple ceremony.
                              Still romantic, but basically just two people declaring their love and committing themselves to one another, surrounded by their closest family, without all the hooha.
                              I can totally see that happening. Still, the romantic in me hopes for an actual wedding rather than an exchanging of the vows. But maybe they could have a slightly more planned one but just with the team...then it would be less of a ceremony and more about the two of them. I wouldn't mind that

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                                Aw, why no love for Jonas?? Hasn't the poor guy suffered enough, being discarded so easily? I kind of feel bad for him...he seemed like a nice guy.
                                -Stef
                                To me he seems a dumb....
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Working...
                                X