X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gooooood morning/evening Fruitcakes!

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
    Spoiler:
    So most of the discussion last night surrounding The Quest Part 1 was how Vala's character was kinda 'off'. She seemed cartoonish, or goofy, or not particularly helpful, and how it didn't jive well with her character in The Quest Part 2. I really, really enjoyed Q1 and really, really looked forward to Q2 and was amazed at the difference in the eps. But, while a lot of those differences seemed to be in Vala's behavior, maybe it was everyone's too. They all seemed to be in a more light-hearted, adventure type mood (especially Mitchell) in Q1 (even Sam smiled a bit more, "you're right, deceptively simple").

I think we'll see in Q2 when we analyze it tonight, that Vala started out in Q1 fashion somewhat light-hearted (she named the dragon Darrell) and then chased after it in a 'no fear' kind of way to shout out "Morgan Le Fay". It's only when she begins to spend more time alone with Daniel and Merlin (without the rest of the team) that she mellows out a bit. And it's only when Daniel starts using Merlin's machine and becomes worn out that we see her worry so openly for him. But again this is talk for tonight. I just want to say that Q2 does follow Q1 very well for Vala's behavior.

But then again, why was she so bouncy/chipper/cartoonish (what have you) in Q1? Eh, I say she's usually like that on missions: Uninvited, chasing after the monster with Teal'c and SG? talking about how to capture it; Insiders, figuring out how to activate the rings to get aboard Ba'al's mothership; CoT, offering up her services to get them a ship to find Sam and the Odyssey; um, LITS (even though that's after Q1); um... Counterstrike, they were undercover in the beginning, so maybe she knows how to curb her bounciness when she has to.
    I got nothing else, but she is a particularly bouncy/chipper/cartoonish character on off-world missions around the team. I don't think her character was very off in Q1, I thought it fit.

I've got more, but I want to rewatch it just now... I'll be back

~Erin
    I personally agree Erin!

Alright, since no one else is here, I might as well talk to myself...

Ok, when they come up to the fire-wall (lol, that's so funny to me) why doesn't Adria just walk through it. Her personal shield would protect her, wouldn't it?

And when they're on the ledge near the Sangraal, this may seem stupid but why don't they just push Ba'al and Adria over the edge? They mentioned it was a long way down. Well, I guess it's pretty heartless for our heroes to do something like that, and there are more Ba'al clones out there so why kill this one. I just try to look for easy ways out, I guess. (Ignore me).

Well, that's about it for now.

~Erin
    LOL That's sooo true, just one little push and no more problems

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
    I said in my first rambling(of course) post of the day that the transcript makes it clear that it was Sam being threatened.
    I agree Erin, we don't need to see the RL Moment, the moment in Uending was sufficient. Personally I would love to see a small moment with one of them kicking the other out of bed because they're going to be late...and that's pretty much all I need to see...some small similar moment that makes it clear that they are together would be fine...there really doesn't have to be anything else during the entire movie...something small at the end would be good to.
    And now I must go...one of our channels(Milena, if you see this before 6pm, that would be 'W') is running Mary Higgins Clark "All Around the Town'...whoever is doing the programming for this station really like its because it ran earlier in the summer too...this is the same station that gave Canada 'Judical Indiscretion' and the Christmas one...wish they'd run JD again soon.
    LC
    OMG LC you're a genius! I just picture the kick out of bed that I too hope will be in the beginning of AoT and I almost fell off my chair squee-ing!

Woke up about an hour and a half late for the movie but thanks for telling me

Hey, a few dozen pages ago, we were all trying to figure out Vala's pregnancy timeline in season 9... Did we come to a consensus on that yet? On when she became pregnant with Adria? Just curious, it's sorta pertinent to a fic I'm trying to write.

Later,
    ~Erin
    Everyone kind of came to the consensus that it happened in the rings Erin, you were right Myself, I'm gonna stick to Origin cuz I'm still feeling the high of having calculated it (even though it's totally wrong )

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
    Oh, I think it's official. We even have a Keeper of Fruitcakes! Speaking of which, did anyone else want to join the ranks of the titled

*Hides* I don't like spoilers, and they don't like me. At least I hope they don't. I want them to stay away *Cowers in corner*
    Oops, Sorry Kath I hope we put everything behind spoilers so far! I'll be sure to put anything else I write about the movies behind them.

Keeper of the Fruitcakes? Why do I picture someone garding a refrigerator?

And sorry to hear about your laptop Toomi, thank god you have another comp at least, I'd go simply crazy with mine.

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm a newer Daniel-Vala fan! I just recently found the show and watched a bunch of episodes in a few month time period. I loved the way the show decided to approach Daniel and Vala's interaction. I'm sure watching all 10 seasons in a short time period distorts my point of view, but by mid-season 8, I was wondering if they were going to try and keep Daniel a monk pining away for his lost wife or something. Then I saw PU and realized that they'd brought CB back for more and I was rather happy about it!

You guys are brave to try and attack this timeline. I've been trying to figure it out as well, because it's pretty necessary to try and get the timeframe right if you want to try and write D/V fanfic.

There are so many emotions between these two, and so much transformation and fluctuation. Getting them accurate for the correct episode is so difficult! I think especially for episode tags or fic written between episodes- understanding D/V after MMori is totally different than say, writing Daniel after Beachhead.

I'd love to see someone figure out where things fit.

I also wish there were more Daniel/Vala fic out there post-Shroud that will touch on the subject of Adria sticking her tongue down his throat. Cuz yeah... that's gotta be touchie for Vala to deal with. I haven't seen much out there yet, but I 'm still new to Stargate fanfic.
    A convert!! Well...not really, I've been watching too much "Little House on the Prairie"...which none of you will probably know

Welcome heliosphere!!! Hope you'll stick around and become a full-fledged Fruitcake Let me find a picture for you...Spoilered for size
    Spoiler:
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
      Gooooood morning/evening Fruitcakes!
      Good evening, dear! Sleep well?

I personally agree Erin!
      Whew, I thought I was going out on a limb there.

Everyone kind of came to the consensus that it happened in the rings Erin, you were right Myself, I'm gonna stick to Origin cuz I'm still feeling the high of having calculated it (even though it's totally wrong )
      I guess it could still be Origin, maybe?

A convert!! Well...not really, I've been watching too much "Little House on the Prairie"...which none of you will probably know

Welcome heliosphere!!! Hope you'll stick around and become a full-fledged Fruitcake
      Oh, I know Little House on the Prarie... always made me cry at the end of each ep... I think it was the violins in the theme music or something... just so touching... or I'm just sappy

Anyway, glad you're awake, Milena. The thread's been kinda sleepy today.

~Erin

Comment

Good evening, dear! Sleep well?

I guess it could still be Origin, maybe?

Oh, I know Little House on the Prarie... always made me cry at the end of each ep... I think it was the violins in the theme music or something... just so touching... or I'm just sappy

Anyway, glad you're awake, Milena. The thread's been kinda sleepy today.

~Erin
        LOOOOL oops, that was a typo, I actually meant "Little Mosque on the Prairie" it's a comedy about the problems the Muslim community in rural Saskatchewan face and there's an episode centered on a guy converting into Islam and the old-fashioned Muslim man of the show is happily praising "A convert, a convert!!"

Anyway, that so wasn't relevant But I did sleep well...though at super weird times...

But I'm here now!! And Origin, in my opinion, totally can't be the pregnancy point The timing just doesn't add up when you take into account the time passing differently in different episodes, I'm just holding onto it because I calculated it

Now...anyone have a preference to what I should write next? Being Found 16, Perchance to Live 3 or another fic I made an outline for?

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Morning Fruitcakes! Welcome Helisphere!
          How long to the Quest 2 discussion??

Djay
          Edit: My vote is for Being Found! You totally teased us with that mutual undressing scene, now I want some action!
          He's her Lobster!
          LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Prepare yourself from some serious amounts of replies...

PART I

But then again, why was she so bouncy/chipper/cartoonish (what have you) in Q1? Eh, I say she's usually like that on missions: Uninvited, chasing after the monster with Teal'c and SG? talking about how to capture it; Insiders, figuring out how to activate the rings to get aboard Ba'al's mothership; CoT, offering up her services to get them a ship to find Sam and the Odyssey; um, LITS (even though that's after Q1); um... Counterstrike, they were undercover in the beginning, so maybe she knows how to curb her bounciness when she has to. I got nothing else, but she is a particularly bouncy/chipper/cartoonish character on off-world missions around the team. I don't think her character was very off in Q1, I thought it fit.
            I think you kind of started to see a little more of what I was talking about as you were watching it...but yeah, I have no problem with bouncy, chipper, playful Vala. It's one of my favorite things about her (hence why I liked her antics in Bounty), but what I saw in this episode felt different. It wasn't her being a little crazy, it was her being a little stupid. And I don't think she was being written that way in Uninvited. She was being a little stubborn, a little oblivious perhaps but never stupid. Of course, I don't really mean stupid...but I can't find the right word. I guess I mean that I find this to be the only episode where she kind of annoys me...and I think that's because she's dumbed down. Sometimes she plays dumb, but she wasn't playing here. And everyone here knows how much I love Vala...so the fact that she annoyed me in ANY way should send up a red flag

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post
            35 pages to catch up
            This is going to take a while
            And that's why you need to stop by the thread everyday

And when Daniel comes up to the first riddle she pushes past the others to stand next to Daniel and exclaims how good she is at riddles. Did she have to run over people to get there? That was a bit odd. Oh well.
            I guess it was to show how she's a little bit darker/different than the rest of the SG-1, that there's still a part of her that's more like Ba'al. Hence the little look between the two, and Vala laughing at his comment.

Actually, the only thing I thought portrayed Vala in a decent light for those puzzles was when she figured out the "right/wrong" thing. That was wrong of course...but it would have been clever had it been right.

Alright, since no one else is here, I might as well talk to myself...
            Feel free, I certainly enjoy reading your posts. Besides, whenever I do it I find it quite therapeutic. Nobody's around to contradict you or tell you you're wrong

And when they're on the ledge near the Sangraal, this may seem stupid but why don't they just push Ba'al and Adria over the edge? They mentioned it was a long way down. Well, I guess it's pretty heartless for our heroes to do something like that, and there are more Ba'al clones out there so why kill this one. I just try to look for easy ways out, I guess. (Ignore me).
            I always thought that too. There's their chance to get rid of them! (or even have Daniel push Adria off that skinny bridge). BUT Ba'al supposedly knew the name of the dragon, which is why they'd kept him around until that point...and they hadn't yet figured out Adria didn't have her superpowers anymore.

-Stef
            Last edited by Stef; 08 September 2007, 04:36 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
              Morning Fruitcakes! Welcome Helisphere!
              How long to the Quest 2 discussion??

Djay
              Hey Djay!!

TQ2 discussion in T-minus 3.5 hours

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

LOOOOL oops, that was a typo, I actually meant "Little Mosque on the Prairie" it's a comedy about the problems the Muslim community in rural Saskatchewan face and there's an episode centered on a guy converting into Islam and the old-fashioned Muslim man of the show is happily praising "A convert, a convert!!"
                Oh, well no, I've never seen that show... But I did think your 'convert' comment was kinda weird at first if it had something to do with 'LHotP' cuz I didn't remember much converting; but now everything makes sense... well makes more sense than it did a few minutes ago
                Anyway, that so wasn't relevant But I did sleep well...though at super weird times...

But I'm here now!! And Origin, in my opinion, totally can't be the pregnancy point The timing just doesn't add up when you take into account the time passing differently in different episodes, I'm just holding onto it because I calculated it
                Ok, good, cuz I don't think Origin works either but I didn't want to make you feel bad
                Now...anyone have a preference to what I should write next? Being Found 16, Perchance to Live 3 or another fic I made an outline for?
                Well, I'd vote BF, but I haven't read Perchance to Live yet, so maybe I'll go do that real quick... Ok see you in a few minutes.

~Erin

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  I think you kind of started to see a little more of what I was talking about as you were watching it...but yeah, I have no problem with bouncy, chipper, playful Vala. It's one of my favorite things about her (hence why I liked her antics in Bounty), but what I saw in this episode felt different. It wasn't her being a little crazy, it was her being a little stupid. And I don't think she was being written that way in Uninvited. She was being a little stubborn, a little oblivious perhaps but never stupid. Of course, I don't really mean stupid...but I can't find the right word. I guess I mean that I find this to be the only episode where she kind of annoys me...and I think that's because she's dumbed down. Sometimes she plays dumb, but she wasn't playing here. And everyone here knows how much I love Vala...so the fact that she annoyed me in ANY way should send up a red flag
                  Yeah, stupid's a better word than bouncy/chipper. She'd been so resourceful up until now.... I know, it was almost like she was behaving like 'dumb blonde' jokes, you know? And that's soooo not Vala, imho.
                  Feel free, I certainly enjoy reading your posts. Besides, whenever I do it I find it quite therapeutic. Nobody's around to contradict you or tell you you're wrong
                  Oh, I always feel kinda paranoid when I post all by myself, like people just read 'em and then kinda laugh "Geez, what was she thinking?" Then again, I can get paranoid pretty easily

Oh yeah, I was supposed to be reading Perchance to Live; be right back.
                  ~Erin

Comment

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a newer Daniel-Vala fan! I just recently found the show and watched a bunch of episodes in a few month time period. I loved the way the show decided to approach Daniel and Vala's interaction. I'm sure watching all 10 seasons in a short time period distorts my point of view, but by mid-season 8, I was wondering if they were going to try and keep Daniel a monk pining away for his lost wife or something. Then I saw PU and realized that they'd brought CB back for more and I was rather happy about it!

You guys are brave to try and attack this timeline. I've been trying to figure it out as well, because it's pretty necessary to try and get the timeframe right if you want to try and write D/V fanfic.

There are so many emotions between these two, and so much transformation and fluctuation. Getting them accurate for the correct episode is so difficult! I think especially for episode tags or fic written between episodes- understanding D/V after MMori is totally different than say, writing Daniel after Beachhead.

I'd love to see someone figure out where things fit.

I also wish there were more Daniel/Vala fic out there post-Shroud that will touch on the subject of Adria sticking her tongue down his throat. Cuz yeah... that's gotta be touchie for Vala to deal with. I haven't seen much out there yet, but I 'm still new to Stargate fanfic.

heliosphere!!

sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

PART 2

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                      I agree Erin, we don't need to see the RL Moment, the moment in Uending was sufficient. Personally I would love to see a small moment with one of them kicking the other out of bed because they're going to be late...and that's pretty much all I need to see...some small similar moment that makes it clear that they are together would be fine...there really doesn't have to be anything else during the entire movie...something small at the end would be good to.
                      Heck, I'll go even simpler than that...I would be satisfied to see them both walk into the room together readjusting their clothes or trying to pull themselves together. That way we can assume that they came from the same place and weren't fully dressed but it's not quite as blatant (for all those non-shippy people out there)

So, I've been going over Season 9 transcripts for the past 3 or 4 days and this is what I came up with. It's kinda complicated, probably more complicated than it needs to be. Ignore me, if you think I'm thinking too hard.
                      Spoiler:
                      AV1 2days
                      AV2 2days
                      ORI 2days
                      --- 1day
                      TTB 5days
                      --- ??
                      PTB 4days
                      --- ??
                      BCH 1day or more
                      --- ??1week?? important quote: "as soon as she's [Sam] settled in" quote from Landry in EDM
                      EDM 2days or more
                      --- ??
                      BAB 2weeks at least or more; important quote: "a month ago, prior came to our world" quote from Sodan leader
                      --- ??
                      PRO 3days?or more; important quote: "months since [ori] threat emerged"
                      --- ??
                      FH1 2days?or more; important quote: "3rd planet this month"
                      FH2 2days?or more
                      --- ??
                      CD 2days?or more
                      --- ??
                      RE 1week?or more
                      --- ??
                      STR 2days?
                      --- ??
                      ETH 1week?; important quote: "5 months ago a prior came through the gate"
                      --- ?? new ship (Odyssey) finished
                      OTG 2days?
                      --- ??
                      SCG 1day?
                      --- ??
                      AM 1day only; important quote: "6 months" that Lee's been working on thing from Glastonbury (from Cam)
                      --- 1 to 2 days?
                      CRU 1day only
                      --- 1 to 2 days?
                      CAM 2days

Anyway, the way I see it, there's about 3 weeks between eps for Beachhead through Camelot, and a bigger gap between TTTB and TPTB and TPTB and Beachhead. But I don't know, oh well.
                      Good breakdown...and catch on some of those key quotes. Someone's been paying attention

Originally posted by Toomi View Post

Don't think I mentionned this here yet, but my laptop died earlier today. I'm on my old POS computer and while I'll stop by for the discussions its taking ages to load pages... plus all my fics were on the old laptop and none of them were backed up Hopefully it'll be back in a week, but if it's a bigger issue it could be 4-6 weeks before I get it back.
                      Aw, I guess that fall broke it then? Question: would it help you out if people put their caps/pictures for TQ2 tonight in spoilers? I could try that if it'll help make loading faster

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                      Oh, I think it's official. We even have a Keeper of Fruitcakes! Speaking of which, did anyone else want to join the ranks of the titled
                      Ha! Sounds like we're all sitting in a dungeon, being kept by someone sinister Did I have a title? Thought I did...something about "arts."

First off....

Secondly, ITA agreement about your monk comment. I think the last time Daniel got any was with Linea in one episode...am I correct? That was in season 3 or 4, wasn't it? Why would you keep the hottest guy on the show celibate? That's just cruel. But I'm kind of glad because it only further emphasizes how important Vala is to him, that he would move past his perpetual mourning over his wife for her. It's nice to know that Vala is the only one who's been able to help him move on (not that he'll ever forget Sha're or anything!).

Phew! Done!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oh, I always feel kinda paranoid when I post all by myself, like people just read 'em and then kinda laugh "Geez, what was she thinking?" Then again, I can get paranoid pretty easily
                        Oh trust me, if you write something crazy, I'll respond to it Heck, I'll pretty much respond to everything!

Ha! I was wondering when you were going to pop in and roll out the welcome mat, Wendy! I was beginning to get concerned when you hadn't As the two biggest posters, I feel it's our duty to be the thread's welcome wagon.

EDIT: Someone asked about when the TQ2 would be starting up...about 3 hours...unless there is a consensus to start it earlier

-Stef

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome and for the fic recs! I tried to make a multiquote post to talk to everyone individually but it was way too much for me to figure out.

I am glad that people are writing a lot of Daniel and Vala fanfiction because I really don't have much hope that we'll get to see any of it in the movies. I hope I will be delightfully surprised, but I think that the presence of Tomin is going to make Daniel stuff all his feelings for Vala back into a box in the corner of his mind. I think it's pretty obvious that he is in denial because he's about had it with getting hurt by the women in his life. Having to watch Vala deal with Tomin, maybe making kissy faces with each other, will make him try to bury his feelings even more and set things back again.

I do try to keep my hopes alive though! Since I'm pretty sure that there will be Sam/Jack resolution in the second film, it'll be pretty sad if they completely ignore Daniel and Vala, or worse, decide to ship Vala with someone else!

Holy cow, it's going to be a long wait for these films. Again, thank heaven for fan fiction!
                          sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Thanks for the nice welcome and for the fic recs! I tried to make a multiquote post to talk to everyone individually but it was way too much for me to figure out.
                            Oh, don't worry, I had a tough time figuring it out too. The button just to the right of the blue "QUOTE" button is the "Multi-Quote" button. When you want to quote a post, click the "MQ" button and it will become orange and then scroll down and click it again if you want to quote another post. When you're done picking posts to quote, click the "Post Reply" button and all the posts will be ready in a reply for you to add your comments. Hmm... I hope that made sense...

I am glad that people are writing a lot of Daniel and Vala fanfiction because I really don't have much hope that we'll get to see any of it in the movies. I hope I will be delightfully surprised, but I think that the presence of Tomin is going to make Daniel stuff all his feelings for Vala back into a box in the corner of his mind. I think it's pretty obvious that he is in denial because he's about had it with getting hurt by the women in his life. Having to watch Vala deal with Tomin, maybe making kissy faces with each other, will make him try to bury his feelings even more and set things back again.

I do try to keep my hopes alive though! Since I'm pretty sure that there will be Sam/Jack resolution in the second film, it'll be pretty sad if they completely ignore Daniel and Vala, or worse, decide to ship Vala with someone else!

Holy cow, it's going to be a long wait for these films. Again, thank heaven for fan fiction!
                            'Holy cow' is right!!! I simply can not wait for these films to come out. The wait is gonna kill me for sure! Well, not really, but you get the idea

~Erin

Comment

I am looking forward to the movies but I am so disappointed we are not getting a new eason. IMagine it! 22 more episodes of DV! Listening to the commentaries RCC said it was the first year they actually did NOT think it would be cancelled because all the leads had signed contracts and it sounded like they had the whole new arc planned and all. I'm so bitter I never get to see that.

Djay
                              He's her Lobster!
                              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Oh trust me, if you write something crazy, I'll respond to it Heck, I'll pretty much respond to everything!

Ha! I was wondering when you were going to pop in and roll out the welcome mat, Wendy! I was beginning to get concerned when you hadn't As the two biggest posters, I feel it's our duty to be the thread's welcome wagon.

EDIT: Someone asked about when the TQ2 would be starting up...about 3 hours...unless there is a consensus to start it earlier

-Stef

Sorry to scare ya, I was away from the computer for a while, and there is crazy stuff happening to me in the Lounge(won't get into it). I would never miss the being part of the welcome wagon

I just bought a DVD recorder for the TV today. So I was messing with that. I already got Megasnake and both of MS's eps of Andromeda off the DVR box. I think I might be done for the night with that.

I am going to try and stay up for the first part of the discussion tonight as well. I somehow caught a cold so it will be iffy as to whether or not I am still here in 2 1.2 hours
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X