Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    I had a lot of fun "plot-bunnies" like this during the Winter Olympics earlier this year! I figured Jack would like all the Winter sports, being from Minnisota... and I could see he and Sam snuggling together to watch them. And for some odd reason, I got a funny idea that Teal'c would like Ice Dancing. No one could talk to him while the pairs skated, he was so engrossed!
    LOL, I can see it!

Does anyone remember who made this?
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I had a lot of fun "plot-bunnies" like this during the Winter Olympics earlier this year! I figured Jack would like all the Winter sports, being from Minnisota... and I could see he and Sam snuggling together to watch them. And for some odd reason, I got a funny idea that Teal'c would like Ice Dancing. No one could talk to him while the pairs skated, he was so engrossed!
      Too bad Pol's not around. She wrote a few stories about exactly this. I'll try to find a link after I get the rest of the kids into bed. . .
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I believe he said something about it being Glassner's line and he (BW) made fun of it whenever possible thereafter. I believe RDA also said he disliked the line.
        Like in Mobieus, the Alternate Carter saying it to herself (instead of to her ignorant boss) and says, "Ugh, that's terrible! Who says that?!"

Comment

I don't put much stock in travel times on TV anyway. But did someone say it only took an hour? And maybe an Asgard beam or an F-302 was involved somehow.

It's about 15 hours (by car) from Colorado Springs to Northern Minnesota, btw.
          Yes, thank you!! It annoys me to no end when I read a fic where they drive to the cabin and it only takes them a short period of time. There is no way they can get there in that short amount of time unless they are "beamed" there!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Is there a reason why when I reply, the box keeps putting old things I quoted in?

The forum still has some minor technical issues, I think they will eventually will get around too it

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            LOL, I can see it!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...ns/tutuman.gif

*giggles* I have seen that before but I can't remember who made it
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Yes, thank you!! It annoys me to no end when I read a fic where they drive to the cabin and it only takes them a short period of time. There is no way they can get there in that short amount of time unless they are "beamed" there!
              Although--can you imagine the fun that would be "road trip" with Jack and Sam?

And can everyone see the plot bunnies bouncing around the Hedgerows of Fluff?
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Oh man. Someone get out the Angst Shears quick!

Comment

Well everyone speaks English! (The Canadian version, with the cute little way they say sorry and all that. )
                  My own idea as to why everyone speaks English is... they actually aren't. The Stargate acts like a translator... kinda like the translator microbes in Farscape... once you've been zapped, you understand everything OF course, this doesn't hold up when Jack starts speaking Ancient in Fifth Race, or when the Jaffa talk in Gould, but I think it makes more sense than everyone on alien planets speaking English, even if they are all from Earth! IF that's the reasoning, they should all be speaking a form of Ancient Egypt.

Comment

I love this idea. I'd love to read a road-trip fic. I'd even write one, if I wasn't writing 2 other big projects right now. But I could use some new s/j fics. Just sayin' --hint, hint...

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                    LOL, I can see it!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/o...ns/tutuman.gif

LMAO. Love it!

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                    The forum still has some minor technical issues, I think they will eventually will get around too it
                    Good to know. Thx. \

YES

My own idea as to why everyone speaks English is... they actually aren't. The Stargate acts like a translator... kinda like the translator microbes in Farscape... once you've been zapped, you understand everything OF course, this doesn't hold up when Jack starts speaking Ancient in Fifth Race, or when the Jaffa talk in Gould, but I think it makes more sense than everyone on alien planets speaking English, even if they are all from Earth! IF that's the reasoning, they should all be speaking a form of Ancient Egypt.
                    I always just let it slide for love of the show.

I'm making my way to bed. 12 hours at the baby factory tomorrow. *yawn* 'Night folks!
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

This will be my 100th post... I'm curious to see if my rank changes!

But to keep on J/S theme I'll add...

Comment

Woo-hoo... Chief Master Sergeant!!

: Let there be cake and Guiness!

: Blue jello and diet coke!

: um.. waffles?

: Ben & Jerry's ice cream followed by a celebratory dance!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          I love this idea. I'd love to read a road-trip fic. I'd even write one, if I wasn't writing 2 other big projects right now. But I could use some new s/j fics. Just sayin' --hint, hint...
                          Have you checked out the S/J Fic Rec Thread? There's lots of good stuff there.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Comment

Too bad Pol's not around. She wrote a few stories about exactly this. I'll try to find a link after I get the rest of the kids into bed. . .
                            Hiya from Lake Louise. Thx for the good comment, Sharon. The series is called "After."
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

What Jack O'Neill really thinks of Samantha Carter.

Crude, first ever effort slideshow vid.

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Hiya from Lake Louise. Thx for the good comment, Sharon. The series is called "After."
                                Thanks for the link! I KNEW you were lurking around here somewhere. . .

Have fun at the lake!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X