Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Their Honduras looked like Canada to me.
    I've been to South/Central America. It doesn't look like Canada. Sadly, you're right.

Well now not necessarily, even if Minnesota (or Colorado) is a community property state, premarital assets remain the separate property of the acquiring spouse, unless the deed on the property is actually converted to an ownership in common. (But that's probably not want you meant. )

And there's a debate for you. Prenup or no? What would they do with their assets?

Spoiler:
    I think they'd hold things in common. I don't think that stuff would mean all that much to them.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

LOL, yes. This confused me to no end while watching it. I'm thinking, who's the genius who believes that it takes less than a hour to get from Colorado to Minnesota. Yeesh.

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Looked like Canada to me.
      Or more like one of the parks of Vancouver, B.C. ...

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I've heard that, and I admit I haven't watched the episode closely (S9 and S10 being completely optional in my world), but I don't remember hearing them say they were in Colorado.
      It was never said that they were in Colorado, but given the apparent short amount of time it took for Cam to drive from Colorado Springs to the cabin, many people figured TPTB had moved the cabin to Colorado for convenience sake, and viewers were just supposed to assume it was in Minnesota.

Comment

They never actually said it, it's just that travel times from the mountain to the cabin don't match up. It should have taken them much, much longer to go from one to the other.
        I don't put much stock in travel times on TV anyway. But did someone say it only took an hour? And maybe an Asgard beam or an F-302 was involved somehow.

It's about 15 hours (by car) from Colorado Springs to Northern Minnesota, btw.

Comment

I don't put much stock in travel times on TV anyway. But did someone say it only took an hour? And maybe an Asgard beam or an F-302 was involved somehow.

It's about 15 hours (by car) from Colorado Springs to Northern Minnesota, btw.
          Plus there's mention of the cabin being near Silver Springs. There is one in Colorado, but not one (that I could find) in Minnesota. Of course, TV people make up towns and cities all the time, but had SG1 and Landry actually been going off for a weekend get-together, they would have spent all their time driving to Minnesota. I suppose General Landry and Mitchell could have rented cars when they got to Minnesota, but Cam's car looked more like it was his own personal car than a rental. There's just lots of little things like that that caused some of us to say "wait, a minute - how did Jack's cabin get to Colorado?"

Comment

And there's a debate for you. Prenup or no? What would they do with their assets?

Spoiler:
            I think they'd hold things in common. I don't think that stuff would mean all that much to them.
            I think given the highly dangerous and unpredictable nature of their jobs, just for simplicity's sake they would want to hold everything in common.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Plus there's mention of the cabin being near Silver Springs. There is one in Colorado, but not one (that I could find) in Minnesota. Of course, TV people make up towns and cities all the time, but had SG1 and Landry actually been going off for a weekend get-together, they would have spent all their time driving to Minnesota. I suppose General Landry and Mitchell could have rented cars when they got to Minnesota, but Cam's car looked more like it was his own personal car than a rental. There's just lots of little things like that that caused some of us to say "wait, a minute - how did Jack's cabin get to Colorado?"
            When I see Silver Springs I think Maryland, but that's because I live near there.

Re bolded: That must be where the Asgard beam or F-302 came into play. I mean we know the F-302 can carry something as big as the gate, and the beam can transport an entire skyscraper.

Comment

Looked like Canada to me.
              The entire Galaxy looks like suspiciously like Canada...
              My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                The entire Galaxy looks like suspiciously like Canada...
                Well everyone speaks English! (The Canadian version, with the cute little way they say sorry and all that. )

Comment

First, I adore Uninvited and think it's an example of one of those episodes in which Sam just seems so Sam-with-Jack. There is no angst at all associated with The Cabin and Sam's going there seems a total non-event which I adore.

Second, as for it's location, in watching the episode (and I've watched it a LOT), I've never even considered it as set anywhere but Minnesota. The nearest town is 'Silver Creek' (and I checked my memory of this against the transcript) according to Sam:

CARTER
                  I just got a call from the Silver Creek Sheriff's department. Apparently there was a bad storm up there last night, and the road leading up to the area where the cabin is washed out and won't be reopened until tomorrow.

and there is a Silver Creek, MN, which is actually twice the size of the town I live in. (townships, for those who don't know, are the town itself and the rural area surrounding it) Now, it almost certainly doesn't have it's own sheriff, but I assume they meant the sheriff department with jurisdiction over Silver Creek. As for the 'hour' drive, Cam said he'd been lost driving for an hour after the postoffice, not that it had only been an hours drive total (and I'd believe you could get lost for an hour driving to find an isolated cabin within the township itself - that sounds about right for that part of the world):

MITCHELL:
                  Yes, sir. Well it's a good thing I left early. I took a wrong turn at the Post Office and was driving about an hour before my Special Forces training kicked in, and I realized I was lost. That, and the road ended.

So I think we can safely assume the cabin is still safe and sound in the township of Silver Creek in Northern Minnesota.

EDIT: And sadly, I knew most of this already as I had to look it up for a fanfic at some time in the past

Comment

I tend to agree with what Jenn said on that. I always thought the cabin stayed in Minnesota. (Okay, I didn't do her research on Silver Creek to be sure, but I interpreted Cam's line the same way she did. ;P)
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Well now not necessarily, even if Minnesota (or Colorado) is a community property state, premarital assets remain the separate property of the acquiring spouse, unless the deed on the property is actually converted to an ownership in common. (But that's probably not want you meant. )
                      yeah, that's not what i meant.

jack says it's her cabin too, since they're married.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        i don't think they'd do prenup either. they're in it for life.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          I tend to agree with what Jenn said on that. I always thought the cabin stayed in Minnesota. (Okay, I didn't do her research on Silver Creek to be sure, but I interpreted Cam's line the same way she did. ;P)
                          Obviously, the cabin is in Minnesota; there is no argument about that. However, the Sheriff's Department apparently isn't, since the Sheriff's truck has a Colorado license plate on it, as seen in this picture. So it makes sense that some people would think they wouldn't bring a Colorado Sheriff's Dept. truck all the way to Minnesota (or Maryland) and show it in the yard in front of Jack's cabin. That license plate is apparently the reason many viewers thought (however incorrectly it may have been) that the cabin had been moved (for whatever reason).) (Somebody in the props department likely missed that little detail.)

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            First, I adore Uninvited and think it's an example of one of those episodes in which Sam just seems so Sam-with-Jack. There is no angst at all associated with The Cabin and Sam's going there seems a total non-event which I adore.

Second, as for it's location, in watching the episode (and I've watched it a LOT), I've never even considered it as set anywhere but Minnesota. The nearest town is 'Silver Creek' (and I checked my memory of this against the transcript) according to Sam:

CARTER
                            I just got a call from the Silver Creek Sheriff's department. Apparently there was a bad storm up there last night, and the road leading up to the area where the cabin is washed out and won't be reopened until tomorrow.

and there is a Silver Creek, MN, which is actually twice the size of the town I live in. (townships, for those who don't know, are the town itself and the rural area surrounding it) Now, it almost certainly doesn't have it's own sheriff, but I assume they meant the sheriff department with jurisdiction over Silver Creek. As for the 'hour' drive, Cam said he'd been lost driving for an hour after the postoffice, not that it had only been an hours drive total (and I'd believe you could get lost for an hour driving to find an isolated cabin within the township itself - that sounds about right for that part of the world):

MITCHELL:
                            Yes, sir. Well it's a good thing I left early. I took a wrong turn at the Post Office and was driving about an hour before my Special Forces training kicked in, and I realized I was lost. That, and the road ended.

So I think we can safely assume the cabin is still safe and sound in the township of Silver Creek in Northern Minnesota.

EDIT: And sadly, I knew most of this already as I had to look it up for a fanfic at some time in the past
                            Haha, cool! If that is true, not only do I live in the same state, I live in the same county as Jack's cabin.

(Though it's funny that I live in Wright County and have never heard of Silver Creek.)
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

That license plate is apparently the reason many viewers thought (however incorrectly it may have been) that the cabin had been moved (for whatever reason).) (Somebody in the props department likely missed that little detail.)
                              lol. That is pretty funny.

You know, if they hired a fan for the props, they wouldn't have these problems. Heck, they could probably get a volunteer... Someone who's knowledge of the series would prevent anything like that from every happening.

Comment

Obviously, the cabin is in Minnesota; there is no argument about that. However, the Sheriff's Department apparently isn't, since the Sheriff's truck has a Colorado license plate on it, as seen in this picture. So it makes sense that some people would think they wouldn't bring a Colorado Sheriff's Dept. truck all the way to Minnesota (or Maryland) and show it in the yard in front of Jack's cabin. That license plate is apparently the reason many viewers thought (however incorrectly it may have been) that the cabin had been moved (for whatever reason).) (Somebody in the props department likely missed that little detail.)

Oops.

I like the episode "Uninvited", too. And I might be (probably am) in the minority here, but I didn't mind Sam kind of stepping back into the background sometimes in S9 and S10. I think that would make it easier for her to take more days off to go and visit that cabin and spend many lazy days and nights *ahem* fishing with her husband/significant other.

I loved the quirky episodes in 9 and 10. Bad Guys, Uninvited, and Bounty rate right up there with the other quirky episodes that I loved and no one else seemed to much (Like Citizen Joe and Point of No Return).

But that might just be me.

Spoiler:
                                Maybe that's why I like Eureka so much. ALL of those episodes are quirky!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X